BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 21 2007, 17:43 ) 481886[/snapback]

Against Bolton. I can see Big Fat Sam being spiteful enough to get a young player to knobble him, so potentially not a good move.

I can't agree with that at all. I have never seen anything to suggest BFS is sort of manager to do that, which is a pretty nasty accusation. Nor are any of the managers I think of in the Premiership. Well, except maybe for Warnock...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is where Hughes' managerial skills have to come into play.

Given that My Little Pony is now long term crocked, he has to get Fat Boy to snort a couple of lines of amphatimine sulphate, do a couple of laps up and down Pendle Hill, get some sleep and then be ready for the next big game. No pies.

That's my solution

Do we know if Dunn is going to get a run out tonight? I only live round the corner from the County Ground so might pop down if he's playing.

Im in the same boat LW, the "squad" is usually posted on the offish site sometime in the Afternoon.

I'll probably go anyway, I usually do - no excuse not to with where I live!

Im in the same boat LW, the "squad" is usually posted on the offish site sometime in the Afternoon.

I'll probably go anyway, I usually do - no excuse not to with where I live!

I've been once when we had Jansen, Amorouso, Enckleman, Gresko, Jemal Johnson, Paul Gallagher playing - can't remember if there were any other first teamers or not. It's great being able to stand right next to the pitch and watch.

Interesting point there. I was reading Paul Sturrock's column on the Swindon Town site and he said there will be a clause in new contracts along the lines that players live in the vicinity of Swindon so that they can be part of the community and are not driving long distances to and from home.

God help them.

Tugay and Dunn did us as a central midfield paring for the final third of our sixth place finish under Souness as I remember.

Of course Tugay was several years younger and Dunnie probably several pies lighter. :(

Wasn't it more Flitcroft and Tugay in the middle? In fact I thought part of the bust-up with Souness was Dunn's insistence that the middle was his best position.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that we pay money for the guy and he isn't even anywhere near the shape he needs to be to play. He had to know he was likely going to move somewhere (and likely to us) and should have gotten himself in at least enough shape that he could have played today.

Very unprofessional and I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that we pay money for the guy and he isn't even anywhere near the shape he needs to be to play. He had to know he was likely going to move somewhere (and likely to us) and should have gotten himself in at least enough shape that he could have played today.

Very unprofessional and I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I think there is a difference between "fit", and "Hughes standard fit"

I think there is a difference between "fit", and "Hughes standard fit"

...and a much bigger difference between Dunn's idea of 'fittest ever' and 'Hughes standard fit'

I like the comments Hughes makes on the official site, along the lines of, 'It's the fittest I've ever seen David and we might be able to get him in shape to be involved in a few weeks or so.' i.e. 'Christ, I'd forgotten what a fat pig he is!"

...and a much bigger difference between Dunn's idea of 'fittest ever' and 'Hughes standard fit'

I like the comments Hughes makes on the official site, along the lines of, 'It's the fittest I've ever seen David and we might be able to get him in shape to be involved in a few weeks or so.' i.e. 'Christ, I'd forgotten what a fat pig he is!"

:lol:

Liking the translation EIT!

I`ve heard from a source who works at Parcel Force who deliver to the Rovers Training Camp that poor Dunny has sustained a back injury in training. I cant confirm this but if it is true it`s a blow for us. Could explain why he hasnt figured yet.

Was the parcel Davids tuck delivery? Would put any mans back out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.