BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0. Fulham Fc

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played really well today, Benni was ace-just beats everyone. Happy to win, Fulham were poor, and their following was an all time low for a Prem match. Fair play to those that did make the journey-true fans.

PIE WATCH

Flaky steak-poor, no pretentions of grandeur, traditional oval shape. Less damp than previous varieties, trade descriptions people may want to investigate the terms `Flaky` and `Steak`.

Overall 4/10.

An open post to Mr Hughes, our esteemed manager.

Dear Mr Hughes, I appreciate that your toe nail clippings know more about football than I do but it really is time to look at our friend Moulting Gammy Ploderson. Perhaps because he hails from Tromso and it is currently continually pitch black there but what other excuse is there for his performance today - throw ins to the players in black - cunning camoflauge - perhaps it looks like blue / white in the land of the continual darkness. His crosses were expertly delivered to the near post which was expertly marked by at least 2 Fulham players, he has no pace or control, he is unable to beat an egg let alone a football player and his touch in front of goal was awesome in it's ineptitude. He needs to be dropped ( injured rib or not ) ASAP and needs to discover the delights of playing in Morecambe on wet / cold Tuesdays for a while.

Rant over

Delighted with the 3 points - bring on Charlton who seem to be in terminal decline.

He looks sluggish and his crosses, set plays and finishing have all deteriorated this season and last season I thought he was largely in for his goal scoring threat cause he wandered out of matches too many times. Now take away his main strength and he doesnt really offer us anything. But for some reason we are thinking that he can ignite any time and come good cause we have seen what he has.

Yeah, you're right, Den. That's rubbish. Savage picked up his fifth domestic yellow of the season for breathing too close to one of the opposition players in the home game against Bolton, and has already served the five card ban. Today's was his sixth domestic booking.

Edited by Y.B.

I thought he picked up his 5th booking against Bolton and missed the West Ham game even though he was injured anyway.

Edit - Y>B beat me to the punch with the bookings. In that case I'll have to add something about todays game. Err HMM err.

Oh yes. Why is there hardly any contact allowed on a football field any more except when a defender is shielding the ball for a goal kick from an opposition player. The Fulham defender ran about 6 foot away from the ball to barge Micky Gray out of the way in order to let the ball run out at the Blackburn End. A joke. Love to get Mike Hackett and ask how that can possibly not be a foul.

Edited by Hasta

We played really well today, Benni was ace-just beats everyone. Happy to win, Fulham were poor, and their following was an all time low for a Prem match. Fair play to those that did make the journey-true fans.

PIE WATCH

Flaky steak-poor, no pretentions of grandeur, traditional oval shape. Less damp than previous varieties, trade descriptions people may want to investigate the terms `Flaky` and `Steak`.

Overall 4/10.

Oz

Haven't had a decent pie at Ewood since Hollands got the boot. :(

ps

Called in at Corbieres for a livener this week - jukebox still the best in this hemisphere.

:brfc:B)

Just one downer from todays game, - radio rovers reckon Savage picked up his fifth yellow and will serve a one match suspension.

Has he not just served a suspension?

I rang Radio Rovers as soon as I heard them say that, it is wrong, he has already served his ban, did they not retract it?

wow, I actually got to watch Rovers win a game. Seems like an alien experience these days.

I don't get the opportunity to go to the games so I shouldn't be talking about this, but the commentators weren't letting go off the subject of the poor attendance and just ripping into Rovers every time they got the chance, which I thought was quite ignorant.

Anyway, very relieved that we got 3 points, which was the most important thing. Good goals by our strikers, but we could have easily had so much more, Benni and MGP missing sitters. Emerton too was extremely wasteful upfront, he really is much better as a wing back. Fantastic stop by Brad at the end, even if that was the only real thing he had to do all game. Fulham though were very, very poor, we won't get a much easier game this season.

Just got back and have been beaten to the punch by some excellent posts which pretty much sum up the game from my point of view.

Crowd-small and cold

MGP-disappointingly the same as in previous weeks

Mr Bennett-inconsistent and possible Fulham fan?

Good result and hopefully will give us a bit of confidence for the next few games. We did what we had to do and you can only beat what is put in front of you! Strikers scoring and a clean sheet will do just nicely :D

Full of confidence for this one.

Rovers 2

Fulham 0

First time this season I have got one right. Yay.

Cracking result for the boys today and lets hope we can follow this up with a win at Charlton. Impressed with Bentley today however very concerned with Gamst. I think he would look poor in a pub team at the moment. Pleased for Nonda and McCarthy for their goals and hopefully this will continue.

That's the first comfortabe home victory in ages.

Thought McCarthy was brilliant today. Could have had more than the one he scored. Also thought Bentley did a decent job in the 'Tugay Role' in midifeld.

Also nice to see Derbyshire get a run out near the end.

The reality of today game at Ewood Park is that Rovers got 3 points.

There is no point in moaning about the crowd, its the lead up to Christmas FFS.

There is no point in moaning about the performance, a win was all that was needed and in fact the weather was atrocious.

Can we have a little moan about MGP then?

Really didn't expect us to win this with Fulham in good form. Also, how promising was the line-up on the bench. Gally, Derbs and Peter, home-grown/developed players actually being involved on matchdays - more of the same please Hughes.

My elation was slightly dented though, on hearing that Aaron Mokoena has been rewarded (or does that imply desert?) with a new contract.

Edited by rover6

Sorry, just posting after 17 of us (YES 17) at wedding today. All Rovers season ticket holders who thought the match might be transferred to a Sunday.So gutted when this was the week only BRFC did not play.

BUT we won and we will all be at Newcastle and Nancy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.