BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Shearer Poll.

Alan Shearer  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of Alan Shearer as manager?

• Yes
    • Not sure
    • No.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 idiots and counting.

Put me down as one of those idiots then. I voted yes, but only from the perspective that I would rather give him the opportunity then either Fat Sam or Second Choice Steve. There are other candidates I would much rather see in the hotseat than Shearer but I don't believe it would be a disaster for us were he to be appointed.

I don't understand this reasoning, that Shearer has no experience, so appoint an experienced number two.

The coach would end up telling the manager what to do, so what's the point in picking that manager then?

I'd rather have it the other way round, an experience dmanager and novice coach.

I`m worried about the whole scenario.

Here`s how i`m seeing it at the moment....

if Shearer comes in & does well, he`ll bugger off to newcastle as soon as they dump who-ever is in change there.

if Shearer comes in & does bad, we`ll be relegated

....that`s a no win situation for Blackburn, in my view.

One thing that occurs to me about Shearer is that he is very much like Keegan in that he is completely secure financially and very single minded. Alan Shearer does what is best for Alan Shearer etc. Nothing wrong with that per se.............but...............

I could see him just walking out if at any point he felt he wasn't getting enough financial support from the Board.

its lose lose....

he does crap - the club loses

he does well - he quickly moves (with his name) on to the Barcodes etc... we lose again...

He's not loyal to Rovers... and we shouldn't be loyal to him

My only reservation is that it appears we are chasing Shearer somewhat.

Ideally I'd want Shearer to be applying for the job and impressing JW enough in discussions to be given the job on merit. If Shearer does come, the key will be getting the right background staff...particularly the scouting side because we need to keep finding those bargains.

I could see him just walking out if at any point he felt he wasn't getting enough financial support from the Board.

Sort of like Hughes just has?

To be honest, we need those sort of driven individuals to squeeze every penny they can out of the trustees, because it's obvious they're trying to put as little money in to us as they can get away with. All top managers have that ruthless edge about them, I think it's one part of Shearer's personality that should serve him well in management.

Yes with Mike Newell as his assistant..Why don't we buck the trend and give two young English Managers the chance to work in the Premier league...

Absolutely... he's got the yes vote from me.

I think Shearer's a favorite for the job with the fans, with this poll and 2 other's i've seen (official board and telegraph website) all voting him top choice so far.

Absolutely... he's got the yes vote from me.

I think Shearer's a favorite for the job with the fans, with this poll and 2 other's i've seen (official board and telegraph website) all voting him top choice so far.

He came third on this board.

Sticking with my NO. I can see nothing else but disaster with this bloke. I am floored, totally floored, by the amount of support he is getting. To me it beggars belief.

It really bothers me aswell. In this day and age polls on fansites like this and on the official site feed back to those making the decisions. Naturally what the fans want will be a major consideration in deciding who the next manager is. But the sheer lack of thought that's gone into everyone's choice of picking Shearer "oh he'll be a great buzz for the town" - this may be the case - until he starts losing matches.

Sort of like Hughes just has?

To be honest, we need those sort of driven individuals to squeeze every penny they can out of the trustees, because it's obvious they're trying to put as little money in to us as they can get away with.

LeChuck you deserve banning for that! If the Walkers never put another penny into BRFC no one can crib at all. It's their business and if it drops a division and loses value then that is their decision. Alternatively we could all join you in advocating the 'prune juice' method of footballing hari kiri.

It really bothers me aswell. In this day and age polls on fansites like this and on the official site feed back to those making the decisions. Naturally what the fans want will be a major consideration in deciding who the next manager is. But the sheer lack of thought that's gone into everyone's choice of picking Shearer "oh he'll be a great buzz for the town" - this may be the case - until he starts losing matches.

Don't worry TGM I've just flicked through the voters comments and it's fairly obvious to a regular visitor from the club (Lee) that the more intelligent and deep thinking individuals whose opinions will carry most weight all voting a big NO thankyou to Alan Shearer. :rover:

That's right Theno. Any intelligent and deep thinking individual would have recognised quite early on in this process that John Williams and The Board will be basing their decision on what Lee Grooby is feeding back to them after he has read BRFCS. In the meantime if you and Tony Gales Mic could carry on making the same point over and over and continue to credit those who dare to have a different opinion to you with a lack of intelligence I'm sure the pro Shearer supporters will soon change their minds.

Don't worry TGM I've just flicked through the voters comments and it's fairly obvious to a regular visitor from the club (Lee) that the more intelligent and deep thinking individuals whose opinions will carry most weight all voting a big NO thankyou to Alan Shearer. :rover:

I take it you voted yes then :tu:

No.

Alan Shearer was one my top favorite players in the game, an Ewood Legend, but he'll be eying the Newcastle job before the ink on our contract finishes drying. Yes, yes, businesses and all that, but when it is so clear a person's interests lie solely in one place we should stay clear.

Plus there's no proof whatsoever that he'll make a good manager. He was captain at Newcastle for many years and I believe had more than just a finger in some managerial duties, but Newcastle was one of the most disorganized and badly-run teams in the league.

I'm a not sure. By instinct I'm a "no", because he has no experience and I'd always thought him a fairly unpleasant individual. However I go to "not sure" because he HAS got his coaching badges without shouting about them, HAS got a lot of really good friends in the game (I won't forget Tony Parkes' testimonial in a hurry where he, Tim Flowers and Mike Newall held court for ages late into the evening and were making everyone around them laugh with them - not at them) and therefore has a lot of people to consult. He'd go back to a resounding NEVER if he brought Tony Parkes back, though- Sparky's best move in my opinion.

I'd prefer Laudrup just because I think he will have a generally more thoughtful approach to the game, and he has managed well before, or Billic, just because he seems to be clever. And I like his tattoos. (Oh and Croatia aren't too shabby too)

However, compared to Fat Sam or that WONDERFUL England manager (I'm Scottish so I really mean it) McLaren, I'd take Shearer any day.

;)

One thing that occurs to me about Shearer is that he is very much like Keegan in that he is completely secure financially and very single minded. Alan Shearer does what is best for Alan Shearer etc. Nothing wrong with that per se.............but...............

Unlike Mark Hughes then.............................. :o

That's right Theno. Any intelligent and deep thinking individual would have recognised quite early on in this process that John Williams and The Board will be basing their decision on what Lee Grooby is feeding back to them after he has read BRFCS. In the meantime if you and Tony Gales Mic could carry on making the same point over and over and continue to credit those who dare to have a different opinion to you with a lack of intelligence I'm sure the pro Shearer supporters will soon change their minds.

Those of us who are anti Shearer have several points.

I think you'll find that those of you who support his candidature only have one point, and a flimsy one at that.

"He'll be a great boost for the club and the town"

Words fail me, they really do.

Some others points for you tony gale.

"He was a world-class striker and would have no problem attracting top attacking talent".

"From his TV work he will have very good contacts across europe and therefore should be well informed when it comes to scouting"

Archived