BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems to be a case of continuous moaning and the blame game. Just get on with job.

Once again, a terrible interview from Ince. Some of what he says may be reality, however, you turn it into a motivating force for the club.

Isn't it more a function of our atrocious PR from the club? That's what PR, when done properly, is supposed to do; if you have someone that isn't good, you shield him, you coach him, and you do what you're paid to do. Sadly, as can be seen by the diabolical Winterburn gaff, Rovers PR did their usual trick - try to turn a negative into a positive but instead make it twice as bad.

I vote we bring Comical Ali in instead; there's more integrity there :o

Once again, a terrible interview from Ince. Some of what he says may be reality, however, you turn it into a motivating force for the club.

Exactly. This has probably been said elsewhere but just in case. Hughes lost players to international duty last year- quoted something along the lines of "yes it doesn't help but we have good players here at Blackburn Rovers, players knocking on the door of the first team trying to win a place, it's their chance." Ince "I've not worked with the players this week as they've been away. It's frustrating and doesn't help us at all". Follow this up with his previous comments that "they came in late" "don't know the players" "Thank God we don't have to play Arsenal every week."- our defensive coach hasn't worked with the players yet either.

The mind boggles and when you read that in the LT today - what is going on? Who in their right mind would buy a ticket for Ewood today after reading that? "I think I'll nip down to Ewood today love with the sun being out and what have you - Ince says we're in for a long and difficult season so it should be good fun".

The marked difference between Ince and Hughes is that Hughes always talked us up (maybe not so much after January admittedly) and always looked for the positives. He never gave the players the easy way out and never gave them an excuse for not putting in a performance.

We need to completely rebuild apparently?! 7th last season. I'd take that again rather than start from scratch to get into the Champions League. What exactly does he need to rebuild? He sold a keeper in his twilight years and bought another. He sold a right winger and one of our better players and didn't replace him. Why not buy one in January?! Obviously the summer wasn't long enough to see that coming.

Other than that we're pretty much as we were last season with the exception of the addition of a Championship striker, last years Div 4 player of the year, an injured Aussie from Italy and Carlos (who looked great against Grimsby - and must surely start today?).

"Paul's Progress?" - I've not noticed any. Sorry but I'm a tad apathetic at the moment.

Ince Warns Fans To Expect Tough Season

Hmmmm not liking this at all, Hughes had the same resources and always talked about setting targets high (qualify for UEFA cup etc.) all of this negativity from Ince isn't going to get us anywhere.

Anyone thinking there's only negativity on this site, read the comments at the bottom of that article.

Terrible, terrible interview.

Sooner or later, Rovers will have to find their natural level in the Prem - and galling that it may prove to be - we've punched above our weight for so long, perhaps it's time for a step back?

A step back to where really...the championship maybe,would you be happy to see that? :huh:

The simple facts are dinglebaiter is that if you lower your standards then sooner or later it all comes back to bite you hard on the arse.

Personally speaking I DID NOT advocate the appointment of a clearly rookie manager to be at the detriment of the stability of the club,this was one of my main worries about Ince and reading the above it not filling me with any confidence.

Has Ince ever said anything positive, since he was appointed manager? All i hear is moaning, whinging and negativity from Him. The guy is an interview disaster, and i wish Ince couldnt speak English, maybe then he would shut up!

A step back to where really...the championship maybe? :huh:

The simple facts are dinglebaiter is that if you lower your standards then sooner or later it all comes back to bite you hard on the arse.

Personally speaking I DID NOT advocate the appointment of a clearly rookie manager at the detriment of the stability of the club,this was one of my main worries about Ince and reading the above it not filling me with any confidence.

All will be good IF we win today. Dare I say what will happen if we lose, especially on this MB :o:rolleyes:

This interview is hardly likely to get fans streaming back to Ewood Park. The manager talks about gradually changing things but that he can't change things overnight. I must be mistaken in thinking that we have just come off two seasons of back to back European football and three seasons in which we have been chasing the European places. Why is there a need for total change? Surely he was brought here to build on the wonderful work of Mark Hughes not to destroy it and then try to start again.

From a PR point of view this is yet another own goal by the club. What incentive is there for the luke warm fans to come down to Ewood Park when the manager is speaking in such negative tones. We are in the middle of September, in the bottom three and the manager is already resigned to a difficult season. It's hardly likely to encourage the stay away fans to return.

When Souness took us up he talked about Premiership survival and that was fair enough considering that we were newly promoted and the first few seasons back in the Premier League were always going to be difficult. When Hughes came in he adopted a different approach and talked about European football and set goals for the players to achieve. Everything that came out of Ewood suggested a positive approach. It was only in recent times that Hughes stressed the need for financial investment to move the club forward. However, he still continued to talk about chasing Europe despite the lack of cash.

Hopefully, a win against Fulham today will enable us to adopt a more positive approach but I do feel that the club need to be more careful with their PR. In a season when it is going to be difficult to maintain attendance levels at home due to economic circumstances, the club must ensure that only positive messages are sent out - particularly at this early stage of the season.

Ince Warns Fans To Expect Tough Season

Hmmmm not liking this at all, Hughes had the same resources and always talked about setting targets high (qualify for UEFA cup etc.) all of this negativity from Ince isn't going to get us anywhere.

Agreed Kamy. What he's doing here, perhaps without realising it, is to give excuses for loosing before it happens. He did this before the Arsenal game, moaning about players being away on internationals. This implicitly takes some of the pressure off the players by saying "its ok if we loose because of blah blah...." Perhaps this is lack of experience but its pretty fundamental stuff, better/moe experienced managers come out with the "well its the same for both teams, we have a good squad and who ever I pick will do a good job" line. He needs to get a grip of this sort of stuff otherwise it will only make things worse.

Awful awful interview. Reeks of Souness, getting your excuses in. People have much more respect if you work hard and take it on the chin. Spinning out a yarn doesn't do anyone any favours.

Come on paul, get the team playing, sort out the PR side too, be sensible and get the team compact and shore up the defence.

He sounds like he thinks he could get us relegated. There are enough people on this board who think he ciould so we don't need one more!

Transition ?? We were a well established hard to beat top 7 Premiership team, what the hell is transitional about that ?

The Board have failed its fans, Ince is talking shyte.

There was nothing broken in the club, we sold Bentley and Freidel fopr the best part of £20m and bought players for a sum of around £5m. All Rovers needed was a central midfielder and a defender and we have almost the same team as last year when teams actually feared playing Rovers.

Now we see our midfield consist of a div 2 no mark, teams loving the chance to spank us and a manager who thinks us Northerners are Southern based softies. the harsh relaity of it all is that the club does not have the time to languish around the bottom 3, once your in there you cant get out, especially with no backing and no hope, no creativity and no effort.

Rovers should have found themselves moving forward this season but we now see our club has jumped 10 spaces back just to try and move forward out of the bottom 3.

Its easy and plain for all to see.

I hate the way he is getting his excuses in early. I noticed this before the Hull city game when he was moaning about losing players on international duty (like most prem clubs). He probably thinks we are going to lose against Fulham too and that kind of mentality will rub off on the players. It breeds negativity! His excuses are a pile of rubbish too: Most teams lose players to international duty, we havnt been especially unlucky and we had the money to spend but you failed to do so adequately. And then there is the old 'transitional' chestnut... in what way are we in transition? We basically have the same team as last year and we wernt in transition then?!?! The first team players that he has brought in are not particularly young. I just don't see how we are in transition! It is bad enough when a manager makes excuses, but Ince is not even believable. He needs to improve infront of the camera as the media will hang him out to dry if he isnt successful at Rovers.

I was dreading this was going to happen and I think Ince is already resigned to getting us deep in the relegation quagmire. He and his OAP mates won't have the decency to resign over it so I am hoping John Williams is going to admit his mistake and turn the gun on this plank soon.

He is making out as if he inherited a total shambles of a club when it is in fact him who has turned us into one. What a disgrace...

No, he's right there 1864, there is a transition going on.

I think the correct word would be regression.

Rovers have most definately gone backwards since Hughes left, especially on the field.

I am ever the optimist, but as it stands, I dont see anything in BRFC that gives me a shred of confidence that we will be playing Premiership football next season. We just dont have the work ethic of last year, we dont seem to have cohesion in the squad and there is clearly some back biting going on within the clubs four walls.

We now hear that we dont have any resources to buy players, well its the closed transfer window so buying is out anyway, but having raked in almost £20m in transfer fees, cleared several million from the wage bill, banked almost £35m in tv and prize money plus general income from spnsors and the like, I would have expected Rovers to have money to spend and indeed I would most certainly have expected someone within the club to recognise our shortcomings. The fact of the matter is that they havent, they went for a cheaper option with Ince and his cohorts and for me they have put the club back several years, even wigan have progressed beyond Rovers standing and they have got less fans than us ! That quantifies Rovers current standing within the league. We have gone backwards like we did with Harford and Kidd at the helm.

Rovers could find themselves doing a Derby if there are not changes becasue we are to embark on a difficult time pre Christmas and have fixtures that are going to see a lot of goals going in our net if things are not addressed. Rovers are a club that have to try and get a minimum of 23-25 points in the bag before the New Year otherwise we wills truggle.

Now then, can anyone please tell me just how, with this current set up, we are going to get that many points in the bag when there is clearly such confusion on the pitch bewteen the defence, no creativity in the midfield make up and as it stands no one willing to provide a service for the front men to score the goals to win points?

Thats my view and until I see a positive change, I wont alter it.

Now then, its off to the pub, pre match beer and a pie then its to my seat to witness what offerings we have today. -_-

That interview says all that needs to be said about Ince. Get the clown out now before he does any more damage. My friend said (and I agree with her) that I haven't gone to a game expecting us to lose since Sourpuss days. It's his last 2 years all over again. Not good enough.

Clearly 'realism' and 'negativity' depends on your viewpoint Kamy.

Here's the news, being a Rovers fan is like going out on the pull Sat night. You think you're going to pull Megan Fox, but instead end up with Heather from Eastenders. It may seen as a success of sorts, in that you may have made the beast with two backs, but not in the manner you hoped. Maybe we need some 'beer goggles' for when we watch Rovers, some fans seem to think we're Man United. IMO they're just as deluded as the Newcastle fans who think they're a big club, with themselves being the best fans around, despite turning their owner against them and making there situation even more untenable for future investment/progress. Yet again, these fans - like others - will tell you they've only the clubs best interests at heart, yet don't seem to click they're potentially making the situation much worse than whatever/whoever they're criticising could ever do. Madness hey? :lol:

JHC DB, to my knowledge you've been contributing on this MB for under a year and have broken the world record for analogies already.

And the fans get slated for being negative! What an idiot of a manager Ince is, and i was 1 of those against his appointment. I also got banned, mainly for attacking Ince. Its enough that the fans are negative, but when the manager starts to make negative noises, then you have to start worrying. Seriously, why doesnt Ince just accept defeat, instead he makes all these excuses. Please please JW, get rid and admit to this mistake.

So we beat Fulham, 1-0.

A clean sheet, excellent use of subs and the defence has clearly been worked on during the week.

I said before that I would post on here about Paul's progress after the game. I would suggest certain "fans" read their comments about Paul Ince and the team before the game, some of things were ridiculous beyond belief. Ince has shown how he can motivate the team after two heavy defeats.

We have now got a record of

Won 2

draw 1

Lost 2

after our first 5 games, can honestly say that I can see Rovers having a good season, keep up the good work Ince. :D

So we beat Fulham, 1-0.

A clean sheet, excellent use of subs and the defence has clearly been worked on during the week.

I said before that I would post on here about Paul's progress after the game. I would suggest certain "fans" read their comments about Paul Ince and the team before the game, some of things were ridiculous beyond belief. Ince has shown how he can motivate the team after two heavy defeats.

We have now got a record of

Won 2

draw 1

Lost 2

after our first 5 games, can honestly say that I can see Rovers having a good season, keep up the good work Ince. :D

Thought the reaction of the players after the match said a lot. They had been really together on the pitch and carried it on at the end, all looking pleased with one another and for one another.

Archived