BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

If you guys read my posts I'm sure you're aware that I like Bentley, or at least the potential he has. £3m is a bit steep for him though, hopefully that's including performance clauses - top 6 finish, England caps etc. £900k as a downpayment, on the table is about the most I would pay for him right now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if 3 million is correct its well spent

380837[/snapback]

I don't think it is even a million. I would expect it is around 800k. 3 million, despite his amazing performance tonight, would be a ludicrous amount.

Onwards and upwards for young Bentley! Looking forward to seeing how he combines with Pongo!

Song being sang on the Blackburn End concourse

To the tune of Agadoo

David Bent Bentley wont you score a goal for me

With your left with your right

with your head or with your knee

Bentley must have read this post before tonights game smile.gif

380893[/snapback]

I hold my hand up. I said Bentley has not enough desire but tonight he proved me wrong. I realise that one swallow does not make a summer but I wonder if MH and his team have deliberately instructed him to play half pace until we bought him. huh.gif If so I think we are the only team to stuff Man Utd and Arsenal in the same 24 hours! smile.gif

Only time will tell.

I was happy when we signed him because he had started to win me over with him post-X-mas performances.

Now he is really starting to look a Premiership player that can make a difference.

What makes it more sweet is that he has signed for possibly under a million and not the proposed 3 million or so which some people speculated when we got him on loan.

I must be honest, i have never been a big fan of him, i have liked him but just thought that he is a bit skinny for this league. Last night he won me over, he showed that he can do things that made him one of Arsenal's biggest prospects for the future and why Peter Taylor at Under 21 level loved him so much.

Three well taken goals and looked a threat all night long.

Well Done Bentley

The Guardian's match report includes a hint from Sparky that we didn't pay very much for our hattrick hero.

Here's what Mirror says about Bentley's transfer fee...if that's true ge got a real bargain!

Link

...Hello from Finland and yes this is my first post here (after reading this site for years...)

and sorry for misspelling...(for now and in the future... wink.gif )

We're blue

We're white

We're fu**ing dynamite!

Great of Bentley to get three goals, but although he has scored four in his last two games, I have yet to see him show repeat examples of Premiership class.

He didn't even know his goal against West Ham had gone in despite being stood on the line! His first against Utd looked better in the replays but there was a huge slice of luck in that, and his second was basically a defensive error and a tap-in.

Obviously his third goal was a moment of true class and an excellently taken goal. I just think some people are maybe attepting to get all too excited way too soon. On the whole in my opinion, David has been a disappointment since he joined the Rovers and possibly with the exception of last night has been sh!te.

Still, the lad's only 21 and he's going to improve under Sparky and no doubt Shefki will teach him a thing-or-two about ball-control, passing and shooting. tongue.gif

Even though the first two weren't exactly impressive finishes he should good reactions and instincts to get them. He was the first one to react to two situations we had to take advantage of and showed that he could poach well. His third was a wonderful finish that capped a wonderful move.

His thrid goal was world class, Savage set it up beautifully even though he fell flat on his arse doing so. If he builds up his upper body strength, Bentley could be a future international one day. Shame Arsenal couldn't see his potential. His performances so far have been a bit on the poor side, but that may be down to the fact that he was uncertain about his future, afterall he has spent the last two years on loan or in Arsenal's reserves. Maybe all he wants is a bit of stability to make him feel at home and some people to believe in him, believe that he has got the game to do well in the Premiership. Just look at Zola, midget with no strength but made a great career in the Premiership. Now i a not comparing the two in terms of skill and ability but only in size.

Archived