SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunn Rejects New Contract

Hughesy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Not to jump to conclusions but I'm going to do exactly that, this has to be down to the manager surely.

At best he'll end up at a mid table team on about the same money. I've often said Dunnys main problem is he thinks he is far better than he is though.

Not to jump to conclusions but I'm going to do exactly that, this has to be down to the manager surely.

At best he'll end up at a mid table team on about the same money. I've often said Dunnys main problem is he thinks he is far better than he is though.

He's not the sharpest knife in the box, but this timing is very interesting. I suspect his mobile hasn't stopped with mates slagging off the crap on view tonight ... and he is just doing us all a favour by piling the pressure onto a manager who has clearly now lost the players.

In the last two years, we've sold or released Friedel, Warnock, Tugay, Bentley, Santa Cruz, Savage and Neill, with Benni and Dunn on their way our as well. This was the core of Hughes's success and it's been replaced largely with rubbish. It's no wonder we're in the mess that we are.

I know this sounds kinda childish, but I just don't enjoy watching our players play football. None of them are any good, none of them give a ######, none of them are exciting and none of them have any charisma. Our big signings are rubbish and haven't raised the bar. If Dunn goes then I think Robinson is the only player in the team whom I have any kind of affinity with and whom I would look foward to watching. And even then it's mostly because I enjoy seeing the thumbs up and the cheeky grin every time we chant his name.

Just as well we've got plenty of excellent midfielders waiting to snap his place up.

?????????????????????? sorry I could not think who you were refering too.

I cannot blame Dunn. Like us all he must be tearing his hair out at the lack of ambition at Rovers. Was that also not Sams reason for leaving Bolton?

Daily Mail isn't the best source, lets hope its wrong as usual...

Under Sam Dunny has on the whole been playing well (some of his best football for years), remained pretty injury free (until recently) and with him being in the north west has his off the field life sorted (lives close to his young daughter). Considering all those factors i would be surprised if this story was true.

Perhaps our wage budget is so stretched, lets face it Salgado was a pointless signing that has caused problems with our wage budget, that we have offered him a much lower deal than he is currently on?

If we lose him then we will pretty much lose him for nothing, so no money to buy a decent enough replacement...

Depend who comes in as replacements or don't you envisage any?

Considering Dunny's contract is running out and he could leave on a free in the summer its difficult to see where the funds would come from to replace a player of his quality.

Also when you consider our recent track record in selling our best players and bringing replacement players in, i'm not that confident we will find a good enough replacement.

Id be shocked if Dunny left by his choice

I never believe anything in the tabloid press but I too am surprised by the timing. Having said that if I was in Dunny's position I would leave in the summer. I think it's entirely understandable. Whether it's true or not is another matter.

At 30 years old, and injury prone I can see that the club would be reluctant to give Dunn a long contract.

However, I wouldnt blame Dunn for wanting away in order to get a final pay day and a chance of possibly winning something

Archived