BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone on coach 12 then ?

I'm considering breaking out the big BRFCS flag, but frankly it's so big, it's normally a liability.

You should do it Glenn, but I know what you mean about it being a liability.

As long as Gav's not on your bus Glenn, he'd be lost under there for weeks.

I'm considering breaking out the big BRFCS flag, but frankly it's so big, it's normally a liability.

Take it Glenn, I'm thinking of shaking the dust off the 'Darwen Blues' and 'BRFC' Norwegian Flag. There was a flag in Ankara that was absolutely huge - don't know who had it but I seem to remember it was so big it had to lie on the terraces rather than go on the fence. :brfc:

What Samba really said was...

"Thank God for Wednesday night, we are definitely not going down now. My wages are guaranteed to go up next season, and I can take it easy for the the rest of this one. I think I may may back off any tough tackles and 50/50s at the Dingles on Sunday, just in case I get hurt. After all we don't need to win anymore. I shall being advising my team mates to do like wise."

But the overall jist was lost in translation,m taken from an interview he did with the native Congo Evening Post.

I'm putting a few quid on a 4-1 away win for us.

Dunno why, but I am.

Surely we have a case of backing burnley, if the unthinkable does happen it would soften the blow.

Just can't bring myself to write the ticket out......

Finally got around to reading the excellent match preview by Bob another +1.

I'm expecting a tough game in all honesty, the dingles have to win the match so they should be fired up for it and with our shocking away record i am not expecting an easy game or a heavy scoreline. For us its a not lose game, a draw will still see us have the bragging rights in terms of the last time they won a game.

Part of me wants to see them stay up so we can do this every season, adds a bit of spice every year and the more north west clubs in the league the better as far as I’m concerned.

What’s the odds on a red card or two? If both sides are fired up and the ref struggles to control the game there could be a fair few cards shown.

My heart says a 3-0 win, my head says a 1-1 draw.

Btw Lawro predicts a 2-1 win for Rovers

Just seen a comparison of Lawrensons predicted league table against the current league standings.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions.html

His predictions aren’t actually too bad on the whole. He’s got 13 of the teams in the Premier League within 3 points of what they actually have.

The exceptions are:

He’s overrated:

Chelsea by 16 points

Liverpool by 13 points

Everton by 7 points

Stoke by 5 points

He’s underrated:

Rovers by 8 points

Birmingham by 15 points

Fulham by 15 points

Finally got around to reading the excellent match preview by Bob another +1.

I'm expecting a tough game in all honesty, the dingles have to win the match so they should be fired up for it and with our shocking away record i am not expecting an easy game or a heavy scoreline. For us its a not lose game, a draw will still see us have the bragging rights in terms of the last time they won a game.

Part of me wants to see them stay up so we can do this every season, adds a bit of spice every year and the more north west clubs in the league the better as far as I’m concerned.

What’s the odds on a red card or two? If both sides are fired up and the ref struggles to control the game there could be a fair few cards shown.

My heart says a 3-0 win, my head says a 1-1 draw.

I was only saying that to a colleague of mine this morning, part of me wants the inbreds to stay up, I've enjoyed them being in the top flight and next season I'd expect them to be the whipping boys now that the honeymoon period is over and Brian Laws is in charge.

As for the odd's on cards and sending off's... Sky bet offer the following

A sending off anytime 7/4

2nd half sending off 5/2

2nd half penalty 7/2

Most bookings; dingles 2/1 Tie 4/1 Rovers 8/11

Any keeper to be first player carded 25/1

Dunny 14/1

Diouf 10/1

Salgado 12/1

alexander 12/1

eagles 18/1

I like the added time bets, 0-2mins 50/1, 3mins 12/1, 4mins 11/4, 5mins 9/4.

A 3-1 win to Rovers for me at 28/1, I think it will be a tough first hour then we'll change it round and grab a couple of late goals.

Come on Rovers, do us proud!

soo nelsen , givet , jacobsen and grella are all apparantly fit for the game - what do we do tho ?

personally even tho i think jones has been brilliant i think the captain is needed for this game ...

also id like to see keith andrews out the team - weather that is for emerton , grella or even pedersen to play there ..

Tell me about it...... :(:lol: makes a change from the carlsberg in the sock like the first time we met!

I once sneaked a can of red bull into Eastlands (in my bra), I was searched too and she didn't see it :lol:

soo nelsen , givet , jacobsen and grella are all apparantly fit for the game - what do we do tho ?

personally even tho i think jones has been brilliant i think the captain is needed for this game ...

also id like to see keith andrews out the team - weather that is for emerton , grella or even pedersen to play there ..

It’s a tricky one, do we keep more or less the same team from the last two games or freshen it up a bit? Considering we played in midweek it wouldn't surprise me if we make some changes.

On Jones it will all come down to whether or not Sam thinks the young lad is ready for what could be a big pressure game. From what I’ve seen he handled what must have been some serious pressure on his debut against the quality of Drogba and Anelka and he is from the area so he will know about the fierce rivalry between the two clubs. I guess only Sam will know if he thinks Jones is ready for what could be a fierce and highly contested game. It wouldn't surprise me if Nelsen or Givet come back in to add some experience.

There is a huge amount of difference between 'fit' and 'match fit'. I can't see Grella, Jacobsen or Nelsen being in the starting eleven yet. Givet might be okay because he's only been out for a couple of games, but it would be very harsh on Jones.

Its a tricky one, do we keep more or less the same team from the last two games or freshen it up a bit? Considering we played in midweek it wouldn't surprise me if we make some changes.

On Jones it will all come down to whether or not Sam thinks the young lad is ready for what could be a big pressure game. From what Ive seen he handled what must have been some serious pressure on his debut against the quality of Drogba and Anelka and he is from the area so he will know about the fierce rivalry between the two clubs. I guess only Sam will know if he thinks Jones is ready for what could be a fierce and highly contested game. It wouldn't surprise me if Nelsen or Givet come back in to add some experience.

Jones has more than earned himself a start for Sunday and I think he will be ready. However, I would have surely thought that if Samba and Nelsen are 100% fit that would be the starting pair. (Dunno if Samba is fit though apologies if I missed something earlier)

By the way - I have been scouring the internet for a picture of "THE Plane" that flew over the turd (the picture was on the front page of the telegraph I seem to recall) - my work mates up here in the NE didn't know about it but think it's a hilarious story I just can't find a picture - any pointers?

• Backroom

I once sneaked a can of red bull into Eastlands (in my bra), I was searched too and she didn't see it :lol:

Thats awesome, just imagine the look on her face if she found it, not to mention the look on the faces of the lads around you

Anyway I'm nervous as hell for some reason, I'd take a scrappy 0-0 but would love to get a horrible winner in the last minute off diouf or dunny to really wind them up

Could be a great day with a Rovers win followed by Wrestlemania

Jones has more than earned himself a start for Sunday and I think he will be ready. However, I would have surely thought that if Samba and Nelsen are 100% fit that would be the starting pair. (Dunno if Samba is fit though apologies if I missed something earlier)

By the way - I have been scouring the internet for a picture of "THE Plane" that flew over the turd (the picture was on the front page of the telegraph I seem to recall) - my work mates up here in the NE didn't know about it but think it's a hilarious story I just can't find a picture - any pointers?

Homes of football website used to have it.

i think jones has been brilliant i think the captain is needed for this game ...

I agree, and im sure Samba will play.

Now onto his partner - Jones has proved himself so far, and therefore its a case of 'keeping the shirt' until he doesnt do his job. Nelsen & Givet should not just walk back into the team - fit or not! Jones is a local lad/ fan and will be dreaming of playing in this game!

Dunn fit too! Just Robbo & Basturk out......

Archived