BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if it's been mentioned already (haven't read through the whole thread), but here's Paul Merson's prediction for Sunday:

Merse

I know it's going some but I reckon the guy's a bigger tit than Lawro. I don't think I've ever seen Merse predict a win for us on football Saturday and he's at it again here.

I'll always remember him saying how he didn't rate RSC when we first signed him and as soon as he started banging them in he was a "terrific player".

Idiot.

He also said before the home game that if they try playing football at Ewood that they haven't got a prayer as Rovers will murder them!! And looked what happened hopefully this time round hes got it wrong!!

Nothing story - most on that list can leave without too many tears being shed to be honest - just hope we get rid of Laws and get a manager in who knows what he's doing before we start replacing those that feel they can do better elsewhere. I understand Jensen, Blake and Alexander have been offered new deals already, suggesting the rest we don't especially want to keep - did hear Coyle had already tapped Jordan up but no idea if there is any truth in that

I have no doubt Eagles will be off if a half way decent offer comes along - and I wouldn't blame him.

As for Fletcher and Mears - as long as Coyle gets his cheque book out no problem. I'd imagine that pair will cost him around 8 million, maybe as little as 6 or as much as 9.

Are you living in cloud cuckoo land the pair will cost around 3 million tops as they'll be championship players get real you deluded fool!!!

He also said before the home game that if they try playing football at Ewood that they haven't got a prayer as Rovers will murder them!! And looked what happened hopefully this time round hes got it wrong!!

Merson has been pretty positive towards us this season, flying in the face of the media trend. I reckon his comments are fair enough.

Are you living in cloud cuckoo land the pair will cost around 3 million tops as they'll be championship players get real you deluded fool!!!

No need for the personal stuff, Longsiders isn't a bad sort.

Those of us of a "certain age", from the Accy area and who have had lots of experience of The Dingle's defeat on Sunday would be gut wrenching. Believe me, they would NEVER let us forget it. Even in Australia I feel physically sick. I cant wait for Sunday to be over. I'd take a 0-0 now.

Those of us of a "certain age", from the Accy area and who have had lots of experience of The Dingle's defeat on Sunday would be gut wrenching. Believe me, they would NEVER let us forget it. Even in Australia I feel physically sick. I cant wait for Sunday to be over. I'd take a 0-0 now.

'Tis true, Spoony.

Relegation, the 31 years, the '5-0' and the fourth division. All will be forgotten.

Obviously you could still bang on about them, and I'm sure you would, but we just wouldn't be listening anymore. One win and we'll be gloating for decades.

Sadly, I'm 94% sure we'll implode in catastrophic fashion. Ah well.

Have been resigned to watching this in the battle cruiser in Southport. If anyone is in said area and fancies watching the game with a mate of mine who is a fellow season ticket holder, drop me a line. Extra spice will be added as the pub we are going to is frequented by some Burnley fans! :D:D:D

Also, got a feeling Di Santo might come off the bench and pop one in, in the process becoming a folk hero for scoring only 2 goals for Rovers, both against Burnley!

We won 3-0 last night in my dream.

Dunn scored the first, shot from about 25 yards, deflected off a defender and looped over Jensen.

Niko scored the other 2.

Then I woke up about 5am and have been up ever since, gonna have to sample a few ales tonight to help me kip :wacko:

'Tis true, Spoony.

Relegation, the 31 years, the '5-0' and the fourth division. All will be forgotten.

Obviously you could still bang on about them, and I'm sure you would, but we just wouldn't be listening anymore. One win and we'll be gloating for decades.

Sadly, I'm 94% sure we'll implode in catastrophic fashion. Ah well.

Here he is once again, a more subdued individual than earlier in the season, taking the lead from his deluded dingle friend above, king of understating, we don’t expect anything, it doesn’t matter if we go down as long as we beat you….blah blah blah

Sam dingle you have been well and truly beaten up and spat, but I applaud you for returning, a little like Bruno trying to fend of Tyson all those years ago, you wobbled us once in the first, by getting promoted, but as always the superior fighter wins in the end.

:tu:

Here he is once again, a more subdued individual than earlier in the season, taking the lead from his deluded dingle friend above, king of understating, we don’t expect anything, it doesn’t matter if we go down as long as we beat you….blah blah blah

Sam dingle you have been well and truly beaten up and spat, but I applaud you for returning, a little like Bruno trying to fend of Tyson all those years ago, you wobbled us once in the first, by getting promoted, but as always the superior fighter wins in the end.

First sign of nerves there, Gavin?

Merson had us down for a draw last week,

You've got to respect Blackburn's home record. They've won their last four and only Liverpool, Man United and Everton can match that. If Chelsea had beaten Inter Milan I would expect them to win this game, but after everything that's happened I think this will be a difficult game for them. I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

He said something positive about us losing 6-2 to Arsenal,

Blackburn proved what they're capable of by beating Aston Villa with 10 men and, as strange as it sounds, they can take a lot of confidence from their 6-2 defeat at Arsenal too.

They scored two goals at the Emirates, they had a stone-wall penalty turned down at a crucial moment, and they were undone by some world-class goals that most Premier League teams would have been unable to prevent.

He's said some decent stuff about us and predicted the correct scores for Rovers v Burnley 3-2 and Rovers vs Chelsea 1-1. But I hope he's wrong with this prediction :)

We won 3-0 last night in my dream.

I had a dream that we lost 1-0 in the last minute and Sam Allardyce was playing for the draw........but dreams are far from reality :)

I had a dream that we lost 1-0 in the last minute and Sam Allardyce was playing for the draw........but dreams are far from reality :)

will depend who is on the pitch at the end. emerton clearly came on with instructions to hold what we had on Wednesday, but Salgado wa having none of it. Depends whether the players he finishes with do as they are told.

Got to admit I am a tad nervous!

Will be watching this in some pub in Great Harwood, the wife has apparently banned herself from coming as she was nearly kicking off with some bearded female in The Park last time, I think it was envious of the lack of facial hair my wife has or something...

Anyways I think we will get the win, it won't be pretty and if Dunny is playing tomorrow and if he is in the same form as Wednesday he could bang a hat trick in for sure.

Burnley 1 - Rovers 3

Cringers fossed!!!!!!!

TICKS ALL THOSE BOXES. Can't lose this simply can't

They are a little more restrained this time around aren't they. Hopefully the misery will continue for them. Where's Sam's sister Ranoff at?

I know people wondered what songs should be sung tomorrow, simply:

Sell all your tickets, you couldn't sell all your tickets…..

Biggest and best supported club in the world, they'll be livid :lol:

Yes it would be happy days indeed for you all. Plus you could carry on singing your favourite 'No Nay Never' in our direction from any one of footballs lower divisions.

But as you say we'd still bang on about the 31 years, the 0-2 at T'Tuff and the April Fools massacre for generations. I seem to rem that we are in front in the all time meetings between the two too.

Archived