BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

I haven't posted on here in about 2 years, just want to check i'm still a world cup.

poor old Roy, the writing was on the wall, Hodgson for England

I thought he would fall at the top, 6.4 million on Dailly, I will never get over that.

hopefully rovers win.

Damn you for reminding me about this!!

Rovers win for me. Playing as crap as we did at Stoke should be enough for three points (just kidding - we need a shot on goal)

£41 a ticket? On a Sunday? On Sky? In Liverpool? Should I, shouldnt I.........................................

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll find we paid £5.3m for Dailly. £5.3m too much, but still.

World Cup 98', me and my dad slagged off a certain Scottish defender without mercy, he was bloody useless!

What was Woy, self styled most knowledgable man in football doing that summer?!

One month and one partnership with Darren Peacock later, we were doomed.

Damn you for reminding me about this!!

Rovers win for me. Playing as crap as we did at Stoke should be enough for three points (just kidding - we need a shot on goal)

£41 a ticket? On a Sunday? On Sky? In Liverpool? Should I, shouldnt I.........................................

It's not on Sky.

Versus Liverpool, I've a win-win situation. If they beat you, I'll be delirious, if you beat them, I'll be glad an ex manager got beat.

Here's hoping for a 27 nil win for liverpool.

I can see where you are coming from, as LFC are the best supported club in 'Proud Preston', I thought you would have a soft spot for them.

Masochist that it may make me seem, Liverpool [A] is one of the few away games I rarely miss, mainly because I used to work in the city 40+ years ago and, from those days, I still have Liverpool-supporting mates, with whom I always enjoy a pre-match pint but, more rarely, a post-match pint.

However;

I vividly remember being in a pub near the ground after Mike Newell's goal had won us three points there in 1993/94 and one of these mates was musing on what an unusual year 1993 was turning out to be: what with peace apparently breaking out in the Middle East; Rovers winning at Anfield; etc., etc. Oh that lovable Scouse sense of humour,eh? Laugh? I thought I'd never start! :rolleyes:

So I reckon we're overdue for another worldwide peace initiative and three points for the Rovers from Anfield. Specially with:

1] their ownership struggle still [at the time of writing] dragging on [it must surely affect them];

2] Torres not firing on all cylinders; and

3] Kuyt being out; I know the commentators slate the Dutchman but I reckon he'd have been a thorn in our side.

So it's another 1-0 to Rovers for me; not bothered who scores it; not bothered how they score it - another Charlie Adam-type o.g. would be nice, though! Are you listening, Jamie Carragher?! :D

Had to be us that rocks up for LFC's new dawn (well since the last one).

Cue Rovers headlines 'we'll be the party poopers', 'my players thrive on these big occasions'

followed by us getting hammered.

:lol:

Has to happen, doesn't it!

Depending on whether Sam sends out our second half team or our first half team, we are either going to roll over and get hammered or be John Henry's worst nightmare first opponent.

This has got to be an absolute banker for a HT away win, FT home win/result bet.

This is our best chance to beat Liverpool away.

But history has shown us that if there is a team that is having a torrid time in the league, then we are typically the team which gives them their first win. :rock:

Still ... if we can't do it here then we will never do it, so I'm going with the optimistic result.

2-1 Rovers :rover:

Had to be us that rocks up for LFC's new dawn (well since the last one).

Cue Rovers headlines 'we'll be the party poopers', 'my players thrive on these big occasions'

followed by us getting hammered.

Indeed, great timing!

Archived