BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom V Rovers Preview 7th April 2012

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked a side destined for the drop today.

The most worrying thing for me is that in the last three games against Bolton, United and West Brom there hasn't been the sort of fight, urgency or desire you would associate and need from a team battling against the drop.

We're playing like we're already safe on forty odd points and are just playing the rest of the season out with nothing to play for.

Other results today have given us a glimmer of hope but I can't see us getting another point unless we start showing far greater urgency and desire.

How are we going to approach the Liverpool game? Sit back on the edge of our own area for 90 mins like we did against United and hope they don't score? Or are we actually going to have a go?

:angry2:

we are a joke :angry2:

The Roas, Anderson, Kean, Agnew, Newsham, contemptible human beings, all of them.

I have been away for 2 weeks. Have I missed something? Exactly what has John Newsham done wrong? I have had many useful discussions with him and regard him as a good asset to BRFC.

We looked a side destined for the drop today.

The most worrying thing for me is that in the last three games against Bolton, United and West Brom there hasn't been the sort of fight, urgency or desire you would associate and need from a team battling against the drop.

We're playing like we're already safe on forty odd points and are just playing the rest of the season out with nothing to play for.

Other results today have given us a glimmer of hope but I can't see us getting another point unless we start showing far greater urgency and desire.

How are we going to approach the Liverpool game? Sit back on the edge of our own area for 90 mins like we did against United and hope they don't score? Or are we actually going to have a go?

:angry2:

Barring a near miracle turn around in form we're finsihed Rev and I think most Rovers fans are now expecting the worst.Rovers ladies team would have put up a better fight than that sorry lot in our famous colors today.

The Liverpool game?...watching it from my armchair,I've had enough of this season.

One of the main problems we have is that Yakubu is a superb player but we are totally wasting his talent because he is totally isolated and is neither receiving enough of the ball nor getting any quality service.

We need to play Hoillet or Rochina or Formica alongside him imo to link play up better and give him more of a chance.

Pedersen is a virtual passenger every week anyway so leaving him out wouldn't be any detriment to our open play whatsoever imo.

I have been away for 2 weeks. Have I missed something? Exactly what has John Newsham done wrong? I have had many useful discussions with him and regard him as a good asset to BRFC.

Thinks he's running strangeways on visitors day....complete jobsworth...man he loves it...

Aren't you the gentleman who complained to Newsham about the banners?

Really ?

Doesn't surprise me coming from you - remember your one man crusade against the protest banners going to see Caley.

You want to do something useful instead of trying to defend the indefensible !!!

Just need to forget today, reset, and have a right go against Liverpool. Givet surely has to be recalled, preferably at centre half. Lowe needs a rest, and we need to get some support up alongside the Yak.

Back to back wins seem a long way in the past. Watched match in pub in Clitheroe & the reaction says it all, some shouting for The Albion at the end they were that embarrassed - The great one was as passionate as ever, his demeanour tells its own story - he was clueless as usual. Peds on wrong side first half [even if he should have started at all], most committed defender on bench, sadly Lowe out of his depth at present, N'Zonzi often out thought, even Yak looks disinterested, only Hoillett looked like he wanted to play. The Bolton game was key as we had momentum - he screwed that one. We now reap the reward - team just doesn't look up for it, might come down to who loses least in the bottom 5, but I can't see us winning again under Coco. How I detest him & his overlords.

Some have been saying this day was coming for a long time now, Rev. I'm surprised that you're surprised.

Well, as recently as after the Sunderland game, I didn't think we did look like a side destined for the drop. Things seem to have gone mysteriously **** up since the Bolton game, primarily imo in terms of the spirit and commitment or rather lack of it being shown.

Just need to forget today, reset, and have a right go against Man Utd.

Just need to forget today, reset, and have a right go against West Brom.

Just need to forget today, reset, and have a right go against Liverpool.

Very very poor. That was a winnable game which we fell well short in. In truth, that's probably us down. As I said earlier in the week, relegation won't be nice but another season in the premiership under the current owners would be even worse imo.

My interest in the rest of the season has gone. The summer is MASSIVE for rovers. Venky's must be dislodged from their ownership of rovers. Maybe it's time to play dirty and get the trust on side in order to wrestle the club off Venky's. They could do that over broken promises in the terms of agreement.

Who the hell asked you to poke their nose in then ?

Now, now Eminem, it's Mr Howarth's right (as part of the terms and conditions of ticket sales) to demand the women and children are searched when entering the Darwen End in case they bring in inflammatory and abusive "Kean Out" banners.

As long as away fans comfort and enjoyment of their match day experience at Ewood isn't ruined, that's the most important thing.

Formica and Vukcevic MUST start against Liverpool, if only because they'll be fresher - drop Lowe as he looks knackered, and drop Peds as he's been a passenger since about, well, 2007 if we're being honest. Givet has to replace Dann also, who is just plain not good enough.

N'Zonzi and Dunn central, Formica, Hoilett and Simon as the attacking midfield. Sticking with same old deadweights is taking us down - it would be stupid to NOT try something different for me.

My question was to ask exactly what John Newsham has done wrong? I guess you have no answer to that.

Simple. You ask all those who claim to have had personal liberties infringed both at away grounds (Rovers' driven) and at home, in partic. Darwen End.

IMO, for starters, pettiness, no respect for supporters and therefore further supporter alienation as if we hadn't suffered enough.

Again, IMO, the guy is a clown not suited to the role he has. Hasn't a feckin clue when the 'big boys' visit Ewood and are allowed to run amok (remember City) and do what they want (seen a United supporter sat down @ Ewood).

Also, if you had have been in BBE for youth match against Burnley and seen elderly supporters assaulted (verbally and threateningly) by mindless morons with the stewards doing nothing about it, you might just change your mind about your 'valuable asset'.

From the BBC website:

"Blackburn have picked up just one win and six points from the 20 matches in which they conceded the opening goal this season. It is the joint worst record in the division"

What happened to that stat Kean used to trot out about our success in coming from behind?

Archived