BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom V Rovers Preview 7th April 2012

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again today we had the sight of a player (Robinson) giving a roasting to two players (Olsson and the inept N'Zonzi) after their collective failure to deal with a simple situation. Robinson is captain but I would love to see Kean showing some emotion and passion from the technical area. Therein though lies a big problem because we just don't have anything that resembles leadership on or off the field.

I felt that N'Zonzi was particularly poor today and I honestly can't remember any positive contribution he made to the game. He was closely followed by Desperate Dann, Lowe, Olsson, Yakubu and the hapless Pedersen. The look on Pedersens face when his number went up was quite funny. He just didn't expect to get the hook and was on the opposite touchline having a drink. The cheers from lots of Rovers fans told it's own story.

When the third goal went in I decided that I wouldn't be going to Swansea next week. The anger and frustration I am feeling whilst watching Rovers just isn't worth it. Too many of our players don't show any hurt or pride and they really don't deserve our support. The virus that is Kean was again shown up for what he is today.

It makes me wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Rovers. Surely if West Brom had been watched the report should have told then about all of their corners going to the far post where they loaded up with their bigger players. The report should have also detailed that Fortune likes to come from deeper positions but we didn't get anybody near him in the first half.

Poor, poor today and my resolve has been severely damaged. The sooner we are put out of our misery the better.

Once again today we had the sight of a player (Robinson) giving a roasting to two players (Olsson and the inept N'Zonzi) after their collective failure to deal with a simple situation. Robinson is captain but I would love to see Kean showing some emotion and passion from the technical area. Therein though lies a big problem because we just don't have anything that resembles leadership on or off the field.

I felt that N'Zonzi was particularly poor today and I honestly can't remember any positive contribution he made to the game. He was closely followed by Desperate Dann, Lowe, Olsson, Yakubu and the hapless Pedersen. The look on Pedersens face when his number went up was quite funny. He just didn't expect to get the hook and was on the opposite touchline having a drink. The cheers from lots of Rovers fans told it's own story.

When the third goal went in I decided that I wouldn't be going to Swansea next week. The anger and frustration I am feeling whilst watching Rovers just isn't worth it. Too many of our players don't show any hurt or pride and they really don't deserve our support. The virus that is Kean was again shown up for what he is today.

It makes me wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Rovers. Surely if West Brom had been watched the report should have told then about all of their corners going to the far post where they loaded up with their bigger players. The report should have also detailed that Fortune likes to come from deeper positions but we didn't get anybody near him in the first half.

Poor, poor today and my resolve has been severely damaged. The sooner we are put out of our misery the better.

We probably dont pay anyone to watch teams, its far to exspensive.

You look at what has kept teams up in the past and it is painful to see we can't offer any of the required substance. Do we have match changing players? Beyond Hoilett ... no! Do we have a guarenteed scorer Yak .. maybe he's looked rusty lately! For me though do we have the fight ... HELL NO!!! When you look through our squad without blue & white tinted specs its bad, really bad! Jason Lowe did a good job at "covering" at right back but can somebody please tell me what he has in his game to be a PREMIERSHIP midfielder. Today has spelt relegation for me, back to winning ways for Liverpool on Tuesday unfortunately! Which pains me as when we played them last year we were sensational, I thought "this Kean bloke is the answer to our prayers" .... I'm glad I'm not religious.

Relax-------it really isn't as bad as you think:

"It is a very fine line. I've looked at the stats and we had 11 goal attempts and seven or eight on target. The goalkeeper has had a good day."

Coco's take on it!!!

I think one of the most worrying things about Kean is his total inability to identify where we're going wrong and how to fix it.

Keeps coming out with his 'we'll take the positives' comments.

Well no, slaphead, you don't just take the positives, you have to also take the negatives and use them to form a game plan for the next match.

A Sunday League Under 8's manager knows that, never mind a Premiership coach.

"It is a very fine line. I've looked at the stats and we had 11 goal attempts and seven or eight on target. The goalkeeper has had a good day."

Coco's take on it!!!

That's their job !

Loved the bit where he thought that we would have gone on and won if we'd have scored rather than Foster making the double save !

Utter despair, IMO, Kean is such a fraud as his PL record suggests.

Coco's take on it!!!

Just watched, well actually listened to the full 4 minute interview on the BBC website

(I say listen as I cant bear to look at Keano the Clown without wanting to smack his ugly face)

Anyway, I cannot believe what I am hearing....the guy has completed lost the plot. We could have had 100 shots on target but if you don't score goals then you don't win matches. No mention of how **** the defence were today....

.....where are the positives ? There just aren't any !

Then he starts asking Man Ure to do us a favour and pot 6 past QPR to get us back out the bottom 3 like Fergie owes him a favour...completely deluded. Then there is the sending off...how on earth can he ask the Ref to look at Modeste's sending off when he says he showed intent then changed his mind...the guy is on another planet !

Just more bull**** which reinforces my decsion not to renew my ST

RIP Blackburn Rovers

I listened to Kean's 4min post-match interview 'cos I'm a masochist like that.

Nothing but an endless stream of horse-dung. And what the hell was he on about with Modeste's sending off?

Its like his Villa interview when we lost earlier in the season:

'we got into the Villa box 36 times and they got into our box 36 times'

BUT WE LOST THE GAME YOU DELUDED IDIOT

• Backroom

I actually yelled a profanity at the television when his interview came on earlier. First time I've ever done that during a manager's interview :blush: but goodness me I hate that man. When he started babbling on about United putting 5 or 6 past QPR so that we escape the relegation zone I just could not believe what I was hearing.

The man is an absolute scoundrel.

Its like his Villa interview when we lost earlier in the season:

'we got into the Villa box 36 times and they got into our box 36 times'

BUT WE LOST THE GAME YOU DELUDED IDIOT

It annoys the life out of me when he constantly talks about stats in post-match interviews.

Why don't you mention your managerial career stats for a change?

angry.gif

I think one of the most worrying things about Kean is his total inability to identify where we're going wrong and how to fix it.

To be fair he made the right call to change to 4-4-2 at half time which gave us the edge after the restart with Hoilett and Yakubu linking up well.

He probably needed to sub some players earlier as well, but our bench doesn't really have anyone that can be brought on to impact a game.

If he had any balls he'd drop Daand next game, and if he had ant sense he'd bring Rochina and Vukcevic back into the side, or to at least come off the bench as impact subs.

I said in the first half that if we didn't equalize after all our enterprising play in the latter stages then it would be worthless and we'd lose momentum. You have to make your superiority count. Just like West Brom did in the first 10 minutes.

Dann was an utter disgrace today and Hanley didn't have a great game either, but he is not getting a great role model to learn from in Dann. I can deal with us selling or letting other players go, but allowing Nelsen to leave on a free is just lunacy.

Shows how bad we are tactically when good old Andrews was bossing us in midfield, he might not be the most skillful player ever but he has a workrate far superior to most of our muppets and an eye for the odd goal..

Nzonzi, Pederson, Dann, Dunn to name but a few are very odd players, they are without a doubt some of the most inconsistent players in the league, god knows why but these lads have ended up the core to our side.. even the Yak who has been one of the buys of the season has his level of inconsitency.. without a leader on the pitch we are suffering as there is no outfield player pushing them.

Can't explain why Simon, Rochina and Formica have suddenly become sidelined like they have, they are supposed to be Keans lads.. and three decent enough signings (well Rochina for the future anyway but at least he has a little flair) why on earth have we dropped Formica when he has one of the highest workrates in our side (def more than 8 or possibly even 9 of our starting lineup today).

For such a heavily youth orientated side we are crying out for a Nelsen, Samba, J Jones, P Jones, Salgado or someone with a commanding presence.

If we are to survive which I still think is doubtful we really have to get Givet, Formica and Simon into the side and drop Peders, Dunn and Dann.

Good to hear a relevant stat from MOTD:

'Kean's 60th game in charge, 15 wins.'

But doesn't that includes some Carling Cup matches against the likes of Leyton Orient? Take them out of the equation and it gives a greater indication to his complete inadequacies.

Dann was an utter disgrace today and Hanley didn't have a great game either, but he is not getting a great role model to learn from in Dann. I can deal with us selling or letting other players go, but allowing Nelsen to leave on a free is just lunacy.

I totally agree , put Samba in the mix too...

It is the selling of Samba and Nelsen that will ultimately relegate us ....

Archived