BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom V Rovers Preview 7th April 2012

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just how can any of the PRO Kean supporters defend that ?

A team that huffed and puffed, a team with no heart, no spine and not a shred of pride and a manager who has not got a clue on how to win a football match against a team with as bad a home record as our own.

I am afraid that has sealed the lid on relegation, even if some results appear to have gone our way. This current set up does not deserve a premier league place and it definately does not deserve fans like ours.

KEAN OUT.

I think that's us done for. Can't see us getting 3 wins from our last 6 games. Today was pathetic, the defensive organisation was pathetic.

Not just today Kamy, we've been pathetic since november 2010.

If Venkys had brains (and they don't), they would sack Kean immediately and bring in Curbishley. First, he might (however unlikely) salvage something. Second, he'd be far better positioned to bring us back up next season.

We've been saying this for a year now. They patently don't care about results or the success of the club. Keeping Kean, nay, awarding him a new contract, was proof of that. I once, mistakenly, thought there was a chance we could attract a seasoned manager, but I can't see how anyone would work under these shysters. Steve Kean, however, fits the bill exactly.

funnily enough, i still cant see rovers going down, any other season we would be long gone but there some god awful teams in the premierleague this season, rovers, wolves, bolton, qpr and wigan, even if we do stay up, next season will be just the same!!!

I hope we go down. It's the only way to rid the club of these parasites. WBA have an awful home record. I'll doubt they've had an easier game all season. In fact i doubt they've even scored 3 at home. BRFC's team is now a reflection of the manager...uninspired, gutless and lacking in quality.

• Backroom

We're gone and we deserve it, maybe the fans don't but that could be said of any team

Venkys will be here next season, Kean will be here next season, I don't think I will be

From 20 minutes onwards we dominated the game really. Kean played another bizare formation in the 1st half but once he had put everyone back where they should have been at half time we dominated even more but missed 3 or 4 great chances. Particularly bad misses from Dann, Dunn and Orr really. The defence was awful though and we gifted them all 3 goals. Dann keeps giving the ball away, Yak gave it away for the 2nd goal and the marking is too loose. The third goal was a shocker as WBA only had 2 men in the box for a free kick and the ball was knocked in and their man beat ours to it to head it home. Real missed opportunity today and we are now the team (Wolves excepted) with the least momentum of all the teams at the bottom. Very frustrating and really under pressure now on Tuesday.

Must say that Hoilett was superb throughout today and when he was moved up front he looked really dangerous, best player on the pitch by a million miles.

I hope we go down. It's the only way to rid the club of these parasites. WBA have an awful home record. I'll doubt they've had an easier game all season. In fact i doubt they've even scored 3 at home. BRFC's team is now a reflection of the manager...uninspired, gutless and lacking in quality.

Sadly I cannot see them selling, even if we go down. Even if they decided to do so, who would pay what venkys would want for the club. Which would be a lot more than the 10mill some are suggesting.

Sadly I cannot see them selling, even if we go down. Even if they decided to do so, who would pay what venkys would want for the club. Which would be a lot more than the 10mill some are suggesting.

There's no prospects for Venky's in The Championship.

They'll take the money and run.

...Right? :rock:

i dont think we did dominate the game from 20 mins on, we had alot of possesion in our own half but we didnt do alot with it bar the double save from foster, we had alot of half chances, snap shots, at 2-0 west brom looked like everytime they went forward they could score, hoillet was the only player who did anything, everyone else was utter ######

We looked a side destined for the drop today.

The most worrying thing for me is that in the last three games against Bolton, United and West Brom there hasn't been the sort of fight, urgency or desire you would associate and need from a team battling against the drop.

We're playing like we're already safe on forty odd points and are just playing the rest of the season out with nothing to play for.

Other results today have given us a glimmer of hope but I can't see us getting another point unless we start showing far greater urgency and desire.

How are we going to approach the Liverpool game? Sit back on the edge of our own area for 90 mins like we did against United and hope they don't score? Or are we actually going to have a go?

:angry2:

i dont think we did dominate the game from 20 mins on, we had alot of possesion in our own half but we didnt do alot with it bar the double save from foster, we had alot of half chances, snap shots, at 2-0 west brom looked like everytime they went forward they could score, hoillet was the only player who did anything, everyone else was utter ######

Dunn and Dann missed really good chances in the 1st half. WBA are a poor side in poor form so we should be beating them. Classic case of us running out of luck at the worst time I think.

There's no prospects for Venky's in The Championship.

They'll take the money and run.

...Right? :rock:

There may not be any prospects for venkys with a championship club. But for them to take the money and run - they need somebody to come and give it them first. They have already said they will not sell to a local group. So who else is going to come in and buy the club. Sadly, I think we are stuck with them and they are stuck with the club.

Archived