BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom V Rovers Preview 7th April 2012

Ozz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formica and Vukcevic MUST start against Liverpool, if only because they'll be fresher - drop Lowe as he looks knackered, and drop Peds as he's been a passenger since about, well, 2007 if we're being honest. Givet has to replace Dann also, who is just plain not good enough.

N'Zonzi and Dunn central, Formica, Hoilett and Simon as the attacking midfield. Sticking with same old deadweights is taking us down - it would be stupid to NOT try something different for me.

Sadly Vukcevic is long gone, he hasn't even been on the bench for about two months

Simple. You ask all those who claim to have had personal liberties infringed both at away grounds (Rovers' driven) and at home, in partic. Darwen End.

IMO, for starters, pettiness, no respect for supporters and therefore further supporter alienation as if we hadn't suffered enough.

Again, IMO, the guy is a clown not suited to the role he has. Hasn't a feckin clue when the 'big boys' visit Ewood and are allowed to run amok (remember City) and do what they want (seen a United supporter sat down @ Ewood).

Also, if you had have been in BBE for youth match against Burnley and seen elderly supporters assaulted (verbally and threateningly) by mindless morons with the stewards doing nothing about it, you might just change your mind about your 'valuable asset'.

Your comments are interesting to say the least. Have you asked to meet with John Newsham to put your view points forward.? I have always found him willing to discuss any matters regarding safety aspects.I am sure he would welcome a discussion with you on the points you have raised.

Your comments are interesting to say the least. Have you asked to meet with John Newsham to put your view points forward.? I have always found him willing to discuss any matters regarding safety aspects.I am sure he would welcome a discussion with you on the points you have raised.

I've better things to do with my time !

Don't believe in flogging a dead horse.

Since the change in ownership, IMO, the club has completely lost its affiliation with its supporters. The result will be seen, IMO, with disastous S.T. sales for next season, irrespective of what league Rovers are in.

My question was to ask exactly what John Newsham has done wrong? I guess you have no answer to that.

He had all the Darwen End supporters searched and patted down irrespective of sex and age by stewards.

Now answer our question. Who the hell asked you to stick your nose in over the banners.

Quiet down at Ewood tonight, John?

Something else you missed. The Fans Forum have discussed it with him and got nowhere.

Just got back, bloody awful.

Lack of movement in the first half was astonishing and West Brom looked like Barca at times lol.

3-0 and a sending off, first time this season we look like a side going down.

Givet needs to come in for Dann (who was awful) and Formica on for Dunn who looked like a killer whale meandering around the pitch.

Lack of movement in the first half was astonishing and West Brom looked like Barca at times lol.

Givet needs to come in for Dann (who was awful) and Formica on for Dunn who looked like a killer whale meandering around the pitch.

Until a couple of matches ago - I thought Dann had turned a corner, and started to show why the likes of Arsenal were rumoured to be after him at one time. But the last three matches he hasn't just been bad he has been awful and directly responsible for a number of goals being conceded. Givet has to come back - whats the money on Hanley being dropped and not Dann :wacko:

If today was the first time you've thought we might go down, then you've been watching with your eyes closed. Today was merely a confirmation imo.

First half was just woeful. Second half after he changed it a little we did alright. But really if Hoilett or Yakubu dont have the ball then nothing is happening. Nzonzi and Lowe in central midfield usually stops the flow attack.

Once again no subs until too late - whats the point in waiting 10 minutes after we've gone 2-0 down to make any changes, what were we doing otherwise? Defending a 2-0 loss? 3rd was just crap defending, didn't stick around to see anymore.

Honestly which of our remaining games can you see us getting a result from? The only one I can see is Norwich at home, and even that will be a struggle.

On the train home, well what do you say? Complete shambles.

Our 'tactics' seem to be give the ball to Hoilett and hope he can wriggle away from his marker.

Talking to fellow Blues today, resignation to our fate was the overriding emotion. So very sad.

Until a couple of matches ago - I thought Dann had turned a corner, and started to show why the likes of Arsenal were rumoured to be after him at one time. But the last three matches he hasn't just been bad he has been awful and directly responsible for a number of goals being conceded. Givet has to come back - whats the money on Hanley being dropped and not Dann :wacko:

It was scary to see the number of times a long ball went over his head and he failed to deal with it.

Hanley matched Peter O for pace a number of times, which I was impressed with.

Kean looked a sorry sight by himself when Modeste was sent off, why wait til the 76th minute to make a change? Surely a change 10-15 minutes before would have been more effective?

EDIT- to clarify, this is the first time we did not look like scoring even when we dominated for 15-20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half, we have shown fight in most games but today I did not see too much of that and with 7 games remaining this is the first time I feel like we are going down (I am generally optimistic). I think I'll feel better tomorrow once we climb out of the bottom 3 with Man Utd beating QPR 5-0 lol

Honestly which of our remaining games can you see us getting a result from? The only one I can see is Norwich at home, and even that will be a struggle.

Been thinking the same since the Bolton defeat at home Claire, yes we managed a couple of wins but certainly not good enough to stay up, sad times indeed.

Feel fans who went should be compensated, by Coco himself, he has nowhere left to hide, other behind his own incompetence

The 1000 that went to Cardiff should have been compensated, that was even more disgusting that today if thats possible, so I wouldn't hold your breath Proud.

A fully deserved win for West Brom, apart from 15 mins at the beginning of the second half we were clearly the second best team today. The defensive frailties have resurfaced in recent weeks and now the goals have dried up. It really is looking ominous going into the final stretch of games. :(

You didn't need to be Nostradamus to foresee that Rovers would be fighting a relegation battle again this season, anyone who witnessed last years efforts knew we were going to struggle once again. If Rovers survive their second relegation battle in two seasons then i'm expecting another one next season on the clubs present course.

I'm just back and thought we were dreadful. Our only hope IMO is that wigan & QPR do worse than us in the remaining 6 games, and looking at the run ins, i think they will, so i honestly think we'll be a premier league side next year.

What a farce. Not even the clear as day-incompetence of the teams around us seems to be a line of rescue due to our difficult run in.

I was (thankfully, it turns out) unable to see the game today, but I felt even more pessimistic than usual when I saw our lineup. That midfield didn't have an ounce of pace in it.

I criticized Marcus Olsson last week, but if the other option is playing a midfield quadruple completely bereft of speed I say he should play every week.

I can't see us stay in the PL this year.

Archived