BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Sporting Intelligence Rovers will get £4.1m of the Phil Jones transfer July 1st.

Shouldn't this read "Venky's will get £4.1m of the Phil Jones transfer July 1st"

http://www.lancashir...overs_close_in/

Having medical if the LT is to be believed.

Good signing. Proper footballer. Sit in front of the back four and do the Tugay job we've missed for ages.

When was the last time a 35 year-old free transfer was considered a good signing for Rovers?

- Gordon Cowans? ......Duncan McKenzie?

Shouldn't this read "Venky's will get £4.1m of the Phil Jones transfer July 1st"

When was the last time a 35 year-old free transfer was considered a good signing for Rovers?

- Gordon Cowans? ......Duncan McKenzie?

Hughes was older...he was fantastic.

I think it's potentially a very good signing for us. I'm baffled at why Rovers have suddenly started to show some common sense.

Hughes was older...he was fantastic.

I think it's potentially a very good signing for us. I'm baffled at why Rovers have suddenly started to show some common sense.

Its a pitty they could not show some commen sence last season.

Relax guys. Believe nothing until you've seen it on the rovers website. Would be a good signing and could form a solid midfield with Zonz. I think they are making this signing so they can convince the Zonz to stay lol? Looks like we would have to pay him over the top wages for a championship outfit. QPR didnt want him because of his wage demands, so we must have offered him a solid package.Edit: LT has just run an update on the story Danny Murphy to sign for rovers this afternoon

• Backroom

Got to say I actually think it would be a great signing if it came off but we would need some real energy alongside him

He'll be 36 before the seasons out, a 46 game league........i just don't see him being a great signing as venkys will undoubtedly sign 10 bradley orr types on peanuts to balance the wages. Very jimmy Bullard to Hull.

Player/manager then a brilliant masterstroke. I can see someone with vision and range of passing getting very peeved playing alongside blackman/pedersen.

damned if you do, damned if you don't

Do/Dont wha?

Any signing is completely irrelevant whilst the horrid useless BS merchant steve Kean is manager, he couldnt get the best out of any player or team(Largely because that isnt his priority at the club) And how have his previous signings done(most of which looked great on paper when initially signed).

First of all I think he will be a fantastic signing. Turns like a bus, is slow but makes up for it with his range of passing, his sheer class and committment. When things aren't going well for him, expect petulant trips and a red raging bald head.

His integrity will be questioned given what he has said about Rovers in the past, but I honestly think that Steve Kean may have inadvertently signed someone who will eventually take his job.

Devastated to see him go, end of an era at Fulham but best of luck to Rovers and Dan; hope ye get promoted and hope Dan excells.

I agree if he is up for it he is a top player, my reservations are, is this a final meal ticket ala Alan Birchanall!!

I'm not sure he's that sort tbh. He demands a lot of his team mates. You can see it when he plays.

I appreciate he's over the hill. But in his pomp he was superb and his game has never relied on pace, energy or physicality. He finds space, keeps the ball turning over and can pick a pass. Lets not forget, there were even whispers of Hodgson giving him a call up to the Euros. I'm not saying that we're signing a world beater, but he can do a job for us and even at 35 he is far superior (barring N'Zonzi) to anything else we have got in that midfield.

Stick Lowe alongside him and let him run himself daft and let Murphy pull the strings.

I'm not sure he's that sort tbh. He demands a lot of his team mates. You can see it when he plays.

I appreciate he's over the hill. But in his pomp he was superb and his game has never relied on pace, energy or physicality. He finds space, keeps the ball turning over and can pick a pass. Lets not forget, there were even whispers of Hodgson giving him a call up to the Euros. I'm not saying that we're signing a world beater, but he can do a job for us and even at 35 he is far superior (barring N'Zonzi) to anything else we have got in that midfield.

Stick Lowe alongside him and let him run himself daft and let Murphy pull the strings.

Yes, he needs young legs around him, he is a quality player if he really wants to be, as FFan has mentioned, would be one hell of a player manager!!

See below from Teamtalk

Danny Murphy

He says: “In an ideal world, of course I'd love to go into the coaching side of it, but I think I've got a few more years left to play. I've started the ball rolling on my badges, and I'm moving forward with that.”

Prospects: Murphy allegedly threw his hat into the ring for the Fulham job after Mark Hughes quit, but the club opted for the experience of Martin Jol. Having come through under Dario Gradi at Crewe, Murphy may be wise to learn his trade lower down the league, as he did a player, but he's proved a class act on the field and we wouldn't bet against him translating that into management.

Murphy , as been a good footballer , from that point of view , he should be a decent signing if he can stay fit ..

What puzzles me is , Murphy is on good wages and worth zilch sell on fee , why did we get rid of our Prem quality players last season and replace them with complete dross ? ?

It doesn't make sense , but nothing does at Ewood park these days ...

I can see brfc doing what Doncaster did last season, signed a load of mercenaries looking for a final pay day, how did their season end?

I can't. Our core will consist of players coming through our own youth ranks, but my guess is Steve Kean has convinced the owners that we can't go all young if we want results and wants to blend in some much needed experience into our squad. Danny Murphy would be an excellent addition to our squad. Who cares what their wages are anyway, Venky's are paying. :P

His integrity will be questioned given what he has said about Rovers in the past, but I honestly think that Steve Kean may have inadvertently signed someone who will eventually take his job.

Integrity ceased to exist at BRFC quite a while back mate so I doubt anyone will raise an eyebrow. It's good to see that you guys still rate him but I can't get excited about anything under the current regime.

Welcome Danny Murphy! I hope you can produce displays like Tugay when he was 35 then this can be a really good signing. Moving clubs can be good and now there's competetion for places in the middle. At the moment Petrovic, Dunn, Nzonzi, Lowe and Pedersen is what Murphy has to compete with in midfeld.

Good player in the championship

Although we won't get anywhere with kean as manager

Why pay decent wages now to murphy yet we refused to pay nelson, roberts or salgado last season who couldve helped in the relegation battle.

Welcome Danny Murphy! I hope you can produce displays like Tugay when he was 35 then this can be a really good signing. Moving clubs can be good and now there's competetion for places in the middle. At the moment Petrovic, Dunn, Nzonzi, Lowe and Pedersen is what Murphy has to compete with in midfeld.

honestly forgotten we had petrovic, things just get worse.

Good player in the championship

Although we won't get anywhere with kean as manager

Why pay decent wages now to murphy yet we refused to pay nelson, roberts or salgado last season who couldve helped in the relegation battle.

Exactly ....

As I said yesterday, Danny Murphy more or less signed now. Make no mistake, this is a MASSIVE coup. Yes, we are paying him big wages but if we want to attract premier league players we have to pay premier league money.

I am also told Leon Best will sign next week. He would prefer to stay in the premier league but the wages rovers have offered are beyond what a premier league club will pay. He therefore has the choice of taking less money and going to a premier league club or move to rovers and earn a bigger wage. I think we all know the answer to that.

Archived