BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there not a "delete" button on the bottom right of your own posts (or possibly HIde) ? There used to be and there should still be. Let me know if not.

Neither 'delete' nor 'hide'. There are Report, Edit, MultiQuote and Quote. When going into 'Edit' there is also no Delete or Hide showing. I'm using Firefox.

Is there not a "delete" button on the bottom right of your own posts (or possibly HIde) ? There used to be and there should still be. Let me know if not.

When typing a post there is POST & MORE REPLY OPTIONS. Though when you press more reply options, you can cancel a post.

Edit etc comes up when the post is submitted - as it should.

Not convinced about this. He's not going to get the time on the ball he's enjoyed throughout his career in the premiership, and at 35 he's hardly going to be putting it in box to box.

Still, saying that, he's infinitely better than what we already have so it has to go down as a solid signing.

Given the dirt we have signed in the previous windows under this regime (Ribero, Modeste, Goodwillie, Anderson, Petrovic) this has to be seen as a great signing!! yes he might be past his best but is his FAR better than what we have at the minute?? YES!!

Welcome Danny and all the best!!

When you get excited about a 35 year old signing, you know your team is ######.

Let's hope we get him because without doubt he'd walk into our team.

EXACTLY, what the hell have we become, this will be an excuse also to release some good players, 35 year old who been an avaerage premeir player the last 6-7 years only.

Like Ferrit, not convinced.

At 35, a two year contract on biggish money doesn't feel right. Where are the legs and pace with Murphy, Dunn & Pedersen ?

I think this is a continuation of the pattern seen for some time now. Get all the anti Kean players out, sell the high value assets and replace with loans, cheap foreign players and the odd 'big name' mercenary.

IMO, have to question why Murphy would refuse another year in PL (with WHAM / QPR), when he could then step down a level, in order to join a club in turmoil. IMO, he's just another mercenary.

Like Ferrit, not convinced.

At 35, a two year contract on biggish money doesn't feel right. Where are the legs and pace with Murphy, Dunn & Pedersen ?

I think this is a continuation of the pattern seen for some time now. Get all the anti Kean players out, sell the high value assets and replace with loans, cheap foreign players and the odd 'big name' mercenary.

IMO, have to question why Murphy would refuse another year in PL (with WHAM / QPR), when he could then step down a level, in order to join a club in turmoil. IMO, he's just another mercenary.

MM,

I agree with many of your posts and in the norm would agree with you on this except, speaking to people in football, Murphys attitude and mindset tell them we have signed someone who will boss midfield in the Championship providing, other players workrate and movement off the ball give him the options, that would apply to any central midfielder, whether he be 20 or 35 years old!!!

Oh dear what people will say for money.

Still I think he's a good signing and better in his position than anyone we've currently got.

I see Kean is also quoted on the Club site re Murphy signing.

I wonder if all new signings will be Kean Old Boys?

Coleman and Kean left Fulham April 2007, Murphy signed for Fulham August 2007!!

Murphy never worked with Kean.

Good and clewer signing by Rovers. Look at Anders Svensson 35 years in the Swedish side and best player in Elfsborg. I think Murphy will be a very important player.

So far no one has left and one has joined.

That, and this is a Shebby Singh purchase I'll bet.

For me it's a good solid signing for the Championship but as someone else said it depends on if they players around him will be his legs. Under Kean he'll probably be playing him alongside Pedersen and Dunn.

Hmmm.... a signing that could really go either way. Good to have experience around the club but 35 is extremely old for an outfield player. Injuries are a concern as are the ability of players in that age range to be effective defensively. Will need to see how he slots into the team before it is possibleto say if it is a good sigining or not.

I think he is fantastic for a Championship side and he's a proper professional and a fighter, which we desperately needed in the team.

I remember reading an article that compared stats of the chosen English midfielders for the Euro squad with others not chosen and the only player to have better statistics was Danny Murphy.

IMO, he is exactly the sort of signing we've been crying out for for years.

Archived