BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

Question still has to be asked (and Fulham fans are just as flummoxed) as to why Murphy would want to come to Rovers. The closed football world is well aware of the continuing Venky's/Kean-led shambles at Ewood and any decent players are giving the club a wide berth.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If another championship club ie Bolton made this signing we would all be pretty ###### off

Exactly. Everyone would be asking why arent we in the market for him. We have a good player coming to our club who should be here for the next two years which may be longer than the owners/ manager.

Question still has to be asked (and Fulham fans are just as flummoxed) as to why Murphy would want to come to Rovers. The closed football world is well aware of the continuing Venky's/Kean-led shambles at Ewood and any decent players are giving the club a wide berth.

Might be due to the fact he has a young family that lives in chester, but probably the fact we were prepared to pay him the most money and give him 2 years not one. End of the day to football players Money makes the world go round.

This is without a doubt a really really good signing. Miles better than what we´ve already got. I just think that many people, including myself, are having a hard time getting excited because the most hated man in Rovers history still has a job. So for me this is bittersweet. Really good signing but overshadowed by Keanocchio

On last season's performances, the signing of Danny Murphy is a quality signing. Just because Salgado's legs went last season does not necessarily mean thats Murphy's will go this. Also Selgado was up against generally quick players on the wings which showed his decline up all the more.

If played correctly then Murphy will be a great signing for Rovers but we need other players for midfield as well. We can't play both Dunn and Murphy.

Can Kean get the players or the tactics needed to get the best of Murphy? You have to suspect not at this moment but that does not make this a bad signing.

Although he played in all bar 3 games last season, a good % of them he didnt complete 90 minutes, regularly being replaced around the 60 minute mark (from fulhamweb).

So Hughsey, fitness still not an issue? I'd say it was in a longer season, and arguably a more physically demanding league. If he's managing 60 mins now, how's he going to be in 18 months?

His ability isn't in question, but I'd certainly be wary on his fitness.

Also, if NZonzi leaves, who's going to do the midfield running? Lowe who's totally unproven in CM, Pederson, Dunn? Frankly it's very lightweight.

• Backroom

I think it is the fact that it is constantly repeated is what Hughesy has a problem with. "It doesn't matter who we sign, Kean is a very bad manager". It only needs to be said once, if that as we all know it and doesn't offer any insight. After a while it becomes a bit tedious.

It can never be repeated enough, IMO.

KEAN OUT :)

I think that Lowe may benefit (experience wise) from playing alongside Murphy.

Interesting to hear Murphy's slant on Kean - for everything that has gone on at the club players haven't come out totally against him - amazing really.

Anyone who's had any kind of disagreement has been ostracised, Salgados glowing reference of Sam and 'mutual respect' for Kean says a lot to me.

As for a CM of Lowe and Murphy, i'd agree Murphy could help him, but it looks really lightweight to me.

Lets not make any bones about this, Murphy has come because the deal was good one, all this stuff about Keans enthusiasm is cr@p, he was probably ######.

If we’d signed Murphy to help us get promoted under another manger we’d be happy, but under Kean, not a chance, he’ll probably drop him after he voices concerns in pre-season, it won’t take long for a seasoned pro like Murphy to see through this idiot.

Lets not make any bones about this, Murphy has come because the deal was good one, all this stuff about Keans enthusiasm is cr@p, he was probably ######.

If we’d signed Murphy to help us get promoted under another manger we’d be happy, but under Kean, not a chance, he’ll probably drop him after he voices concerns in pre-season, it won’t take long for a seasoned pro like Murphy to see through this idiot.

With Kean's vision and thinking outside the box, Mr Murphy will probably end up playing in goal, just behind three of last season's U18s

Moan Moan Moan, Danny this Danny that, not fit, no legs, too old blah blah blah If you are all that p----d off with Blackburn Rovers then stop communication on this forum, I always thought that the forum was a place to talk about the comings, goings, transfers of players et al, it should be a forum to encourage and support Blackburn Rovers and not slag them off, we have what we have and until someone somewhere spills the beans, if there are any to spill we have to get on with it.. listen I really really dislike Kean as much as the next man and know he is not anywhere near good enough, but the next month with the comings and goings will shape the future of the club, maybe just maybe the venkys are going to go for it this season, I can see Shebby cutting Kean loose should we not be top or near the top come end September. I was one who said I would not renew my ticket, well with all the negatives I see on not just this board I am not being led like a sheep, Blackburn Rovers is and always will be my team why should I dessert them just because I don't like the regime, as many have said before Blackburn will still be here when the venky's /Kean have gone, I on the other hand will not. Rant over I thank you.

Moan Moan Moan, Danny this Danny that, not fit, no legs, too old blah blah blah If you are all that p----d off with Blackburn Rovers then stop communication on this forum, I always thought that the forum was a place to talk about the comings, goings, transfers of players et al, it should be a forum to encourage and support Blackburn Rovers and not slag them off, we have what we have and until someone somewhere spills the beans, if there are any to spill we have to get on with it.. listen I really really dislike Kean as much as the next man and know he is not anywhere near good enough, but the next month with the comings and goings will shape the future of the club, maybe just maybe the venkys are going to go for it this season, I can see Shebby cutting Kean loose should we not be top or near the top come end September. I was one who said I would not renew my ticket, well with all the negatives I see on not just this board I am not being led like a sheep, Blackburn Rovers is and always will be my team why should I dessert them just because I don't like the regime, as many have said before Blackburn will still be here when the venky's /Kean have gone, I on the other hand will not. Rant over I thank you.

Moaning about people who moan?

It's a forum for discussion.

MURPHY PERSUADED BY ``ENTHUSIASTIC'' KEAN

By Mark Walker, Press Association Sport

Blackburn's new signing Danny Murphy revealed manager Steve Kean's passion for success was one of the main reasons he chose to return to the north west.

Former England international Murphy, 35, who signed a two-year deal at Ewood Park earlier today, had several options following the expiry of his contract at Fulham but was persuaded by the resolute Kean, who remains determined to win over Rovers fans following relegation last month.

The club's Indian owners Venkys confirmed last week that Kean would still be in charge when Rovers embark on their first season outside the top flight in 11 years.

Murphy, who has spent the last eight years in London with Charlton, Tottenham and Fulham, said: ``I'm absolutely delighted to be signing for Blackburn Rovers.

``When meeting Steve Kean I soon realised the passion, enthusiasm and ambition he has for the club and how much he wants the team to bounce straight back up to the Premier League.

``His desire to get me to the club was a huge factor in my decision to join. The owners were also very passionate about their desire to move Rovers forward as a club and create a squad that is able to achieve promotion.

``I'm excited about my new challenge and can't wait to get started.

``I have enjoyed a fantastic five years at Fulham and I'd like to thank the club and the fans for all their support.

``Now my new challenge is to help Rovers get promoted and repay the manager's and the owners' faith in me.''

Kean said: ``Being able to bring Danny on board is a massive boost for everyone and I couldn't be more delighted.

``His record is there for all to see. He is a model professional, who has a real hunger to keep on playing football and we are thrilled he has decided to commit his future to us.

``This is a pivotal signing for us.''

sounds like agnew wrote danny murphys quote

I was one who said I would not renew my ticket, well with all the negatives I see on not just this board I am not being led like a sheep, Blackburn Rovers is and always will be my team why should I dessert them just because I don't like the regime, as many have said before Blackburn will still be here when the venky's /Kean have gone, I on the other hand will not. Rant over I thank you.

I'm amazed by the belief of some fans that Blackburn Rovers will somehow remain no matter what Venky's do with the club! What needs to happen before some people see we're on our arse?

Moaning about people who moan?

It's a forum for discussion.

no mine was a rant :rover:

I'm amazed by the belief of some fans that Blackburn Rovers will somehow remain no matter what Venky's do with the club! What needs to happen before some people see we're on our arse?

maybe on our arse but still, we are supporters are we not,

good player BUT has a hell of a massive shift to be putting in for us fans. Lets not forget this big timer slagged our club off once before. Now hes giving us rubbish about how Keans passion and venkys helped him sign (who we all hate). Needs to win me over from the start. how about 2.5million in his back pocket for a season which swung his decision. BRING YOUR A GAME MURPHY

Archived