BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

Do all our business late – fans moan

Do business early – fans moan

Sign an unknown/ young player – fans moan

Sign an experienced player who just played 48 games last season – fans moan

Club cant really win can they….Reality is Fulham fans are gutted he is moving on, that should tell you all you need to know about Danny Murphy, gives 110%, excellent on the ball and has quality set pieces in his locker. Very good signing in the championship.

You really are a melon of the highest order.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will get to see your first championship game soon and re-evaluate that wildly incorrect opinion

I watched a fair few Bristol CIty games last season and still think that. Maybe they are similar but I wouldn't call it faster.

But teams have compensated for that by putting high energy/high work-rate players around him. As it stands Rovers simply don't have that and the likes of Dan Gosling who have they been linked with won't add that either. A midfield including Murphy, Dunn and Pedersen is going to get owned in a faster paced and more physical league.

As it stands, it is June and I don't think we'll be finished there. Especially after 8-10 players leave. If Formica stays there's one who Murphy would work well beside, same with Vukcevic. Our team is not ready yet but with everyone leaving and signing replacements, I think we should wait till August till evaluating how our team will do. Obviously we all know that having Kean will see us relegated.

Typical of this forum and the reason it is going downhill... This is a thread about Danny Murphy and whether or not he will be a good signing, not about owners/ managers/ past results.

Poor responses as expected.

MURPHY PERSUADED BY ``ENTHUSIASTIC'' KEAN

By Mark Walker, Press Association Sport

Blackburn's new signing Danny Murphy revealed manager Steve Kean's passion for success was one of the main reasons he chose to return to the north west.

Former England international Murphy, 35, who signed a two-year deal at Ewood Park earlier today, had several options following the expiry of his contract at Fulham but was persuaded by the resolute Kean, who remains determined to win over Rovers fans following relegation last month.

The club's Indian owners Venkys confirmed last week that Kean would still be in charge when Rovers embark on their first season outside the top flight in 11 years.

Murphy, who has spent the last eight years in London with Charlton, Tottenham and Fulham, said: ``I'm absolutely delighted to be signing for Blackburn Rovers.

``When meeting Steve Kean I soon realised the passion, enthusiasm and ambition he has for the club and how much he wants the team to bounce straight back up to the Premier League.

``His desire to get me to the club was a huge factor in my decision to join. The owners were also very passionate about their desire to move Rovers forward as a club and create a squad that is able to achieve promotion.

``I'm excited about my new challenge and can't wait to get started.

``I have enjoyed a fantastic five years at Fulham and I'd like to thank the club and the fans for all their support.

``Now my new challenge is to help Rovers get promoted and repay the manager's and the owners' faith in me.''

Kean said: ``Being able to bring Danny on board is a massive boost for everyone and I couldn't be more delighted.

``His record is there for all to see. He is a model professional, who has a real hunger to keep on playing football and we are thrilled he has decided to commit his future to us.

``This is a pivotal signing for us.''

Welcome to Rovers Danny.

Hes a great signing, certainly better than any midfielder we have had for a while. If he had been in rovers team all last season, we would have stayed up.

Lets just hope the team around him is good enough. What I would give to see him replace our manager.

Unless for some unfathomable reason Venky's have opened their chequebook and offered Murphy a considerable pay packet to come to Ewood, I cannot understand why Murphy would want to come to a failing club like Rovers.

However, I think he should be given a warm welcome because he is reasonably intelligent for a footballer and seems like a hard nut who would make a good manager. If / when Kean leaves Murphy might be a future boss at Ewood.

``When meeting Steve Kean I soon realised the passion, enthusiasm and ambition he has for the club and how much he wants the team to bounce straight back up to the Premier League.

``His desire to get me to the club was a huge factor in my decision to join. The owners were also very passionate about their desire to move Rovers forward as a club and create a squad that is able to achieve promotion.

Wow, he's already my new favourite player!

Typical of this forum and the reason it is going downhill... This is a thread about Danny Murphy and whether or not he will be a good signing, not about owners/ managers/ past results.

Poor responses as expected.

But Hughesy, you can't separate signings from the owners, manager or, indeed past results. Murphy looks a good signing but there is nothing to suggest that Kean will get the best out of him. Salgado had an excellent season the one before last. Suddenly, after a pre-season of Kean preparations his legs had gone. If Murphy can reproduce the form he showed at Fulham he should be a good signing. However, he will need players around him who can do his running and he will need a strike force that will profit from his passing ability. As yet there is nothing to suggest that the Rovers will have either in place by the start of the season. However, as a signing I think most would welcome him aboard.

.``When meeting Steve Kean I soon realised the passion, enthusiasm and ambition he has for the club and how much he wants the team to bounce straight back up to the Premier League.

Incredible. You can only shake your head and wonder if the world's gone mad. Either that or £40k a week can make you believe literally anything.

EXACTLY exiled - nail on head!

Let's just talk about the same thing every thread and all get the rope out!

EXACTLY exiled - nail on head!

Let's just talk about the same thing every thread and all get the rope out!

Or what?Just pretend the last 18 months didn't happen.....?

Under the circumstances we could have done a lot worse than Danny Murphy, but sorry to be a moaning minnie, this club is never going to be successful again with current owners and manager. Kean will never be accepted by a huge section of fans. Even our new International Guru Mr Singh admitted he was useless before his dramatic Damascene conversion. I wonder what brought that about?!..

Personally, I think Murphy's best days are well behind him and he will be too slow for the Championship, though he could be surrounded by young boys to do the running for him if the predicted exodus happens.

• Backroom

I'm happy with Murphy as a signing - I'm not happy with Kean staying as manager because his tactical ineptitude will stifle any impact Murphy could have on the team. Hardly being overly negative or doom-mongering, it's just a fact.

I'm happy with Murphy as a signing - I'm not happy with Kean staying as manager because his tactical ineptitude will stifle any impact Murphy could have on the team. Hardly being overly negative or doom-mongering, it's just a fact.

I think it is the fact that it is constantly repeated is what Hughesy has a problem with. "It doesn't matter who we sign, Kean is a very bad manager". It only needs to be said once, if that as we all know it and doesn't offer any insight. After a while it becomes a bit tedious.

Archived