[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do all our business late – fans moan

Do business early – fans moan

Sign an unknown/ young player – fans moan

Sign an experienced player who just played 48 games last season – fans moan

Club cant really win can they….Reality is Fulham fans are gutted he is moving on, that should tell you all you need to know about Danny Murphy, gives 110%, excellent on the ball and has quality set pieces in his locker. Very good signing in the championship.

Murphy has "cited the desire of Steve Kean and the club's Indian owners as the main reason behind his switch to Blackburn Rovers".

PASS THE SICK BAG MURPHY....WHO WROTE THIS #####? AGNEW OR SHAGGY?

Venkys/Kean et al are very good at blowing smoke up people's backsides.

I wonder what Murphy will think when he sees how the club is 'run'. He always struck me as a solid pro. His missus was once quoted as saying he was very competitive and was a nightmare when he'd lost at the weekend. They're probably set for a divorce next season, then.

Club cant really win can they….Reality is Fulham fans are gutted he is moving on, that should tell you all you need to know about Danny Murphy, gives 110%, excellent on the ball and has quality set pieces in his locker. Very good signing in the championship.

No surpise Fulham are gutted, he fits perfectly in their system. Can you say the same for Rovers? I have serious doubts.

+10

Twitter comment:

Philip Lingard@philiplingard

@CryerRovers According to Fulham fans his legs are totally gone and now needs a bath chair to get around the park. Probable injury headache

Just some WUM naffed that Danny has left, 47/48 games last season tells me his legs are most certainly there. :closedeyes:

ARE YOU FOR REAL?? After everything that has happened under venkys!! Also Danny Murphy is average at best and is also 35!!!! ...........Also playing under Kean as manager. How can we not moan with Kean & Venkys still here.

Kean = releation (again) Doesnt matter who we sign.

Club cant really win can they….

Can't win? I'll tell you how the club can win ... they can start by binning Kean off, Agnew can go, they can appoint a proper board structure and trust people to run the club properly by having a competent executive. They can stop selling off prized first team assets and make some sort of investment in the first team that might just result in us being promoted.

Then, after 18 months of mayhem, BS and incompetence, the club might start to "win".

Until then, yes, the fans will moan. And signing a fairly humdrum midfielder coming to teh end of his career isn't sufficient on its own to win hearts and minds.

Now that might now coincide with your perspective, I suggest you get over it because it isn't going to change any time soon.

It's like giving someone a life-jacket on the Titanic and asking them what they feel miserable for,

From Fulham Fans

DM SHOULD END HIS CAREER AT FULHAM IT IS ABSOLUTE NONSENSE THAT HE IS LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT AT BLACKBURN AND QPR HE IS FULHAM THROUGH AND THROUGH HE SCORED THE GOAL THAT KEPT US UP AT PORTSMOUTH AND HE HAS ARGUABLY BEEN OUR BEST PLAYER EVERY SEASON SINCE ALSO IT SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE TO OUR PRESENT PLAYERS THAT WE DO NOT REWARD EXCEPTIONAL LOYALTY. HE DOES FOR FULHAM WHAT SCHOLES DID FOR MU AND HE WAS REWARDED WITH A COACHING ROLE WHY NOT DM?

Repliesi thought he had signed a new one year deal

posted by Phil (Guest) - Thursday 21st June 2012, 7:30 PM

Totally agree FFC, player future coach role, losing someone like Danny Murphy for a club such as Fulham over presumably another years contract after next season is incomprehensible. Surely if Jol wants to play possesion football Murphy consistently shows and wants the ball, a great mentor for the young talent coming through.

posted by Denny (Guest) - Thursday 21st June 2012, 10:52 PM

Three points for all you folk moaning about his age and his possible lack of legs.

1. Murphy has never really had pace so hasn't relied on it

2. Gordon Cowans

3. Mark Hughes.

But teams have compensated for that by putting high energy/high work-rate players around him. As it stands Rovers simply don't have that and the likes of Dan Gosling who have they been linked with won't add that either. A midfield including Murphy, Dunn and Pedersen is going to get owned in a faster paced and more physical league.

Kamy, have you heard anything regarding a possible deadline for kean? From Shebby's interview it really seemed as if Kean is yes safe for the time being, however should things not start off well in the season he could be off?

• Backroom

Twitter comment:

Philip Lingard@philiplingard

@CryerRovers According to Fulham fans his legs are totally gone and now needs a bath chair to get around the park. Probable injury headache

Sorry Philip but thats just nonsense IMO, most fulham fans wanted him to stay from what I could see but maybe it depends on who you ask

My views on the manager and owners will remain the same but I'll judge every signing on their individual merits, this seems a good one for me.

Club cant really win can they….

You're right there Hughesy. That's why we got relegated because under Venky's and Kean we don't win very many. Murphy may or may not do a job depending on how long his legs last but one decent signing doesn't begin to make up for the past 18 months of dross served up by Desai and her clan.

In isolation, looks like a good signing. His quality should make a difference in the Championship, unfortunately with Kean managing him any of this quality will likely be wasted. Wonder what his wages will be, he must be quite expensive, even at 35??

People having different opinions on a web forum shocker!

As for the part I've highlighted. Are you trying to say that despite everything, because they've signed Danny Murphy that they suddenly get amnesty from any criticism?

Danny Murphy is a good signing, could be very effective in the Championship if used correctly.

However, while Steve Kean remains as manager then i'm afraid we will continue to struggle regardless of who we sign.

Exactly, the team has to be organised and set up correctly, to date, we are not organised nor do Keans selections set up a well balanced team, Murphy will need an energetic midfield around him and more importantly tactics which allow the team to react quickly when possession changes, that is Keans problem, he cant organise a team correctly!!

Archived