BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

I am also told Leon Best will sign next week. He would prefer to stay in the premier league but the wages rovers have offered are beyond what a premier league club will pay. He therefore has the choice of taking less money and going to a premier league club or move to rovers and earn a bigger wage. I think we all know the answer to that.

So doesnt that only prove that the player has zero ambition if he is prepared to drop to a much poorer league than either move to another prem club(and get paid similar to what he is on a Newcastle) Or stick it out and fight for his place at newcastle( a team that finished just 4 points of a champions league place).

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid that's modern day footballers for you. They follow the money. The Yak is off to china for exactly that reason.

I would much prefer us to go down this route than offer low wages and end up with the same tat we signed last. I have to admit, I am very surprised by this u-turn in policy from Venky's.

I'm afraid that's modern day footballers for you. They follow the money. The Yak is off to china for exactly that reason.

I would much prefer us to go down this route than offer low wages and end up with the same tat we signed last. I have to admit, I am very surprised by this u-turn in policy from Venky's.

New banking arrangements. Guess the new bank are happy to lend the cash. Which worries me. If we are throwing money at this and we don't get promoted we'll be fooked. Mssrs Murphy and Best will find themselves sidelined, unable to play due to financial reasons. I'd sooner have spent the cash on severance pay for Kean tbh.

Edit,

That said, i think Murphy is a class act. I just worry that these reports of us spending over and above some PL sides might be misguided in the hands of Kean, Agnew and Singh.

So doesnt that only prove that the player has zero ambition if he is prepared to drop to a much poorer league than either move to another prem club(and get paid similar to what he is on a Newcastle) Or stick it out and fight for his place at newcastle( a team that finished just 4 points of a champions league place).

Or he thinks he can fire Rovers back to the Premier League and is prepared to spend a year in the Championship doing so. If Rovers don't go up and Best has a decent season, there will be PL suitors lined up this time next year.

Murphy , as been a good footballer , from that point of view , he should be a decent signing if he can stay fit ..

What puzzles me is , Murphy is on good wages and worth zilch sell on fee , why did we get rid of our Prem quality players last season and replace them with complete dross ? ?

It doesn't make sense , but nothing does at Ewood park these days ...

Well for me last season Kean picked the team, it is now well known he had no choice in the players bought so he wouldn't play them, I am hoping Shebby will now run the team in the background (he can't be any worse) until Kean spits the dummy out has a right ding dong with Shebby and lets see who comes out on top.

Or he thinks he can fire Rovers back to the Premier League and is prepared to spend a year in the Championship doing so. If Rovers don't go up and Best has a decent season, there will be PL suitors lined up this time next year.

his goalscoring record in the championship is pretty poor, seems like a bit of a confidence player(has good little runs from time to time, but generally offers little).

Spending big money is a risk. However, I fully expected more cost cutting and more cheap foreign players coming in. This is a MAJOR improvement on that. Would people prefer Venky's cut even more costs and have a healthier bank balance but an extremely poor team. Or spend a bit, take a gamble and try and get back up yet have a less healthy bank balance. We saw option one last season and looked what happened.

what odds on murphy being on the bench so coco's favourite son plays, dunn!!

I may be quite wrong here but dont think I am, these two signings (if they happen) coincide very much with Shebby Singhs appointment, I have a very sneaky feeling that Singh is now calling all the shots, interestingly, I have heard that Murphy very much wants to move into coaching/management, maybe Ffan has hit the nail on the head here and its not simply money attracting him to Rovers!!

• Backroom

Spending big money is a risk. However, I fully expected more cost cutting and more cheap foreign players coming in. This is a MAJOR improvement on that. Would people prefer Venky's cut even more costs and have a healthier bank balance but an extremely poor team. Or spend a bit, take a gamble and try and get back up yet have a less healthy bank balance. We saw option one last season and looked what happened.

If they're so intent on getting back to the Prem and are prepared to spend the cash to get there why is Steve Kean still in employment?

If they're so intent on getting back to the Prem and are prepared to spend the cash to get there why is Steve Kean still in employment?

Danny Murphy would normally be a good signing for Rovers. However in a team that will be mismanaged by Kean with players playing out of position and formations during games stinking of tactical ineptitude he will struggle badly at his age. Remember Salgado looked decent until Kean took over and left him exposed. Pity cos as I said he could do a good job for Rovers.

• Backroom

Danny Murphy would normally be a good signing for Rovers. However in a team that will be mismanaged by Kean with players playing out of position and formations during games stinking of tactical ineptitude he will struggle badly at his age. Remember Salgado looked decent until Kean took over and left him exposed. Pity cos as I said he could do a good job for Rovers.

Couldn't agree more. As long as Kean is here it doesn't matter what they spend, we will fail.

According to Mrs. Murphy, Danny Murphy has bee impressed with the ambition of Rovers

"you'd probably have to ask Danny that. From speaking with them and knowing their plans and who they are signing he saw ambition".

Déjà vu anyone!?

William Kirby@WilliamKirby94

@joannataylormum has Danny changed his opinion about Blackburns style of football? Was under Allardyce then thoughDetails Expand Collapse

57m IMG_2228_normal.jpg Joanna Murphy@joannataylormum

@WilliamKirby94 yes. Steve Kean has been very important to the deal.

Mark Manson@markmanson1982

@joannataylormum so do I! Going to have a great squad. Im pals wit sk, he is a top bloke!

Details Expand Collapse

17m IMG_2228_normal.jpg Joanna Murphy@joannataylormum

@markmanson1982 he was why Danny signed in the end.

Steve Kean influence.

• Backroom

William Kirby@WilliamKirby94

@joannataylormum has Danny changed his opinion about Blackburns style of football? Was under Allardyce then thoughDetails Expand Collapse

57m IMG_2228_normal.jpg Joanna Murphy@joannataylormum

@WilliamKirby94 yes. Steve Kean has been very important to the deal.

Mark Manson@markmanson1982

@joannataylormum so do I! Going to have a great squad. Im pals wit sk, he is a top bloke!

Details Expand Collapse

17m IMG_2228_normal.jpg Joanna Murphy@joannataylormum

@markmanson1982 he was why Danny signed in the end.

Steve Kean influence.

:lol: yeah, the the massive pay packet probably helped too.

This seems a very sensible signing for the Championship. Must have been a very good offer.

Something must be wrong. Venkys got interested? Or are we spending overdraft money from our new Indian back?

Archived