BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're so intent on getting back to the Prem and are prepared to spend the cash to get there why is Steve Kean still in employment?

Perhaps Mrs. D still has not come to terms with the concept that themselves manager is the most critical component of the squad?

Good signing and unexpected. We are going to lose a lot of experienced players and Danny will help the younger players like Lowe. I just can't understand why they didnt invest in players like Danny Murphy or Best in Jan. They aren't world beaters but might have helped us get 6 more points.

Only a complete and utter idiot or the utterly desperate would sign for this farce of a "football club" and therefore Kean at the moment. I don't think Danny Murphy is either.

Well there you go. What do I know?!

Good luck Danny. Welcome to the madhouse.

Ah, the bi-annual Venkys token gesture to easily pleased fans and a slightly suspicious FA. Sign someone on a free, then go on about his wages to try and convince everyone investment is being made. Meanwhile sell doube/triple the number of players for decent fees and end up with another £10m in the back pocket. Please guys, don't fall for this.

The only thing I can say is at least he's a decent player for this level. Not that he'll appear as one with Coco giving him the instructions.

He signed because we offered him 24 months, one can only wonder why his employers only deemed him worth 12. Decent player about 10 years ago. Good footballer, but is he fit enough...

couldnt give a stuff who we sign while coco is still in employment

Then dont comment

He is probably better than any of our central midfielders of last season, so very tidy signing, especially for the championship

. Decent player about 10 years ago. Good footballer, but is he fit enough...

Fit enough??? According to the stats he played in 46 of Fulhams games last season, including 33 of their premier league games, and scored 6 goals.

Shebby signing without a doubt.. watch for the next few though... 4-2-3-1.. will bet on the yak going and someone like best coming in, plus a defensive midfielder of some decent level and a lower than average left back with most of the current squad leaving, two or so young lads promoted and Kean refusing to play to many of serbgeths signings/promotions. Within 5 games of the season starting after a poor start, Kean is removed at the cost that would scare most and serbgeth stepping in as the apparent saviour (hell relegation form anyone stepping in then and at least saving the season would be worth it) but of course that plan is doomed to failure as the team implodes by christmas.

So it looks like Murphy has signed.

It's well worth reading through this thread as it says more about fan opinions and how a view of the owners and manager impact even on a player.

At the start it's full of posters saying Murphy is a great player but it's the usual spin and lies from Venkys and that he's going to QPR.

Then as the signing became more certain they then change to ones commenting about his age, that he's just a mercenary etc.

Interesting.

The reality is that all players are mercenaries, it's their job and future. Murphy is at the backend of his career but has bags of quality and experience. Can he be another golden oldie like Gordon Cowans? Time will tell but if he stays fit his ability should be a real plus in the Championship, particularly as pace was never part of his game.

So I am looking forward to seeing a genuine playmaker back in the team even if he's no Tugay. I'm also pleased that we can talk about a signing. Add Leon Best and we are strengthening the squad. Now we need to keep some of the others like Givet.

Lots off good prem players available on a free whether they would come is another matter likes of Craig Gordon Carlos cuellar James McFadden aurelio klasnic always seemed a goal scorer too. Money seems to be more important than ambition for players these days . A lot of the frees just need regular games although we don't want to be a home for biscuits. But with coco at the helm am sure he could take the current Spanish side in the champ and still miss out on the playoffs he is a door to door salesman utterly bereft of any tactical nous as a football manager

You can't blame fans for being sceptical as we have been fed so much rubbish before. I don't care if he's 35 if he is still fit. Nor do i care if he's coming for the money - that's what we all work for and if we're paying better than elsewhere then you can understand his looking at us and thinking it might be ok (although you do have to wonder what amount of cash makes it worth joining Venkys circus). I just find it hard to get excited about this before we see who goes out. It could be most of the current first team squad in which case it's a non-event. Murphy in, Givet, Olsson, Hoillet,Yakubu, N'zonzi, Hanley, formica, rochina,Dann and possibly a couple of others out and not many others in and it doesn't look that good.

So it looks like Murphy has signed.

It's well worth reading through this thread as it says more about fan opinions and how a view of the owners and manager impact even on a player.

At the start it's full of posters saying Murphy is a great player but it's the usual spin and lies from Venkys and that he's going to QPR.

Then as the signing became more certain they then change to ones commenting about his age, that he's just a mercenary etc.

Interesting.

The reality is that all players are mercenaries, it's their job and future. Murphy is at the backend of his career but has bags of quality and experience. Can he be another golden oldie like Gordon Cowans? Time will tell but if he stays fit his ability should be a real plus in the Championship, particularly as pace was never part of his game.

So I am looking forward to seeing a genuine playmaker back in the team even if he's no Tugay. I'm also pleased that we can talk about a signing. Add Leon Best and we are strengthening the squad. Now we need to keep some of the others like Givet.

At last someone with a half decent post, the negativity around here is depressing, I said this in another post, Shebby is here to get rid of Kean, Shebby has already said he is buying the players so woe betide Kean if he doesn't play them aka Simon, there will be a phone call to Pune, and the deluded one will be gone. I am also of the impression they are going to try to get straight back up, 3billion is in their eyes. So what happened to the takeovers!!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me why the (Please don't use that word again) we spent last season getting rid of experience and go down when we now try to get experience that is probably more experience?

3 billion TV money in the prem

At last someone with a half decent post, the negativity around here is depressing, I said this in another post, Shebby is here to get rid of Kean, Shebby has already said he is buying the players so woe betide Kean if he doesn't play them aka Simon, there will be a phone call to Pune, and the deluded one will be gone. I am also of the impression they are going to try to get straight back up, 3billion is in their eyes. So what happened to the takeovers!!!!!!!!

3 billion TV money in the prem

Sorry Nearly forgot, welcome to Blackburn Rovers Danny

Archived