BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he didn't like us, Wolves and Stoke?

Either way, would be surprised if we get him. He'd still do a job for a Premiership team imo, and other Championship teams would be able to offer more money (such as Leicester) and a promotion push. We can't.

Why he'd join is anyones guess, but it would be a massive coup if we signed him. Would control most games at Championship level.

He controlled most games at premier league level imo.....barring the ones against the top 6. Amazing, and extremely unlikely, if we could get him but I could definitely see a few prem teams come in for him....especially a promoted side.

If there is any truth in this story it contradicts a lot of what the imposter did last season when he got rid of most of our experienced players in favour of younger ones. And I guess Murphy would want a Kings ransom for his wages which again makes a mockery of all the cost cutting.

You put this story out to suggest you are doing something - just like the Beckham and Ronaldinho etc the past 2 seasons. they you wait till it's too late to sign a real player who might come to us. Then you say, but we did have bids in for A,B and C but they just didn't happen. They think we are fools.

Comparing Beckham and Ronaldinho with Danny Murphy is insulting as I don't rate Murphy much better than Pedersen. It shows the downward spiral in the last two seasons when we have problems getting an 35 year old veteran midfelder who may be past it.

Comparing Beckham and Ronaldinho with Danny Murphy is insulting as I don't rate Murphy much better than Pedersen. It shows the downward spiral in the last two seasons when we have problems getting an 35 year old veteran midfelder who may be past it.

I wasn't comparing them! Just saying that when they came in that was the line they spun to get fans excited. can't remember who last year's supposed signing was to be, this year it's danny Murphy. they don't intend bringing anyone in - they just let names be asssociated with us as a sop to fans - look, we're trying to do things - and then when it doesn't happen and we're sitting there with a far weaker team than the season before they say - but look, we did try! It's trying to show that they are owners who care when we all know they don't give a toss.

You put this story out to suggest you are doing something - just like the Beckham and Ronaldinho etc the past 2 seasons. they you wait till it's too late to sign a real player who might come to us. Then you say, but we did have bids in for A,B and C but they just didn't happen. They think we are fools.

Totally agree. Lock the thread.

Who's going to negotiate his contract? Kean? Who's going to draw the contract up? Agnew? It'll be littered with spelling mistakes for a kick off, By the time the "General Manager" has corrected them all the summer transfer window will have shut.

Only a complete and utter idiot or the utterly desperate would sign for this farce of a "football club" and therefore Kean at the moment. I don't think Danny Murphy is either.

• Moderation Lead

Wonder if Matt Lawton wrote that article. The same fella who wrote how poor Steve Kean was being bullied by those evil fans.

Ah yes, captain u-turn, who then went on to deny the very same thing.

But seriously- cannot see this happening in a month of Sundays.

Guest Rovers4Good

Nah you've got to think we'll be in the championship which is much quicker than the prem and as he's nearly over the hill i can't see him cutting it with 2 games a week :(

Nah you've got to think we'll be in the championship which is much quicker than the prem and as he's nearly over the hill i can't see him cutting it with 2 games a week :(

Not a huge fan of Danny Murphy off the pitch and some of his previous comments towards Rovers, but on the pitch he has quality. I don't think pace comes into it with a player like Murphy who has the ability to do very little running about and just simply pull the strings in midfield.

Him and Leon Best would be very good signings for a club that appears to be heading down the toilet right now.

I would be more than happy with Murphy - Even if he came in as captain would be brilliant in my opinion and dictate 80% of the games at this level:

Bunn/Kean

Orr Dann Hanley Henley

Simon/Ruben/Formica (RM) Murphy Lowe Pedderson

Goodwillie Best

Surely that stating eleven would finish in the top 8 (Even with Kean as manager) and thats assuming Yak, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Olsson, Other Olsson, Robbo, Givet all leave and we did get Best & Muprhy...

Look at Derry at QPR other than Taarabt he was stated as being their most important player and Im sure Murphy could be vital for us...

Guest Rovers4Good

Not a huge fan of Danny Murphy off the pitch and some of his previous comments towards Rovers, but on the pitch he has quality. I don't think pace comes into it with a player like Murphy who has the ability to do very little running about and just simply pull the strings in midfield.

Him and Leon Best would be very good signings for a club that appears to be heading down the toilet right now.

Yes i agree he can pull strings at times but when you've got the amount of games we'll be playing then i'm not sure his body could cope with it.

I don't see him as a championship player and to be fair a really don't see him wanting to come to us anyway. :(

This would be a decent signing but no player worth his salt would join rovers under the current situation. As long as kean is around he will only want guys who won't ever have an opinion on anything and who are happy to be in league one this time next year. Any money spent while kean is around is a waste of money in my opinion.

Archived