BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Savage is on 5live pimping Sparky out for the West Ham job.

West Ham, Sulivan, Gold and Brady?

Hughes is better off at Stoke, similar sized club with more spending power than West Ham I'd imagine.

• Backroom

You'd expect the bigger teams to be looking at N'Zonzi in the summer. He was a raw talent whilst he was here, but is certainly fulfilling his potential at the moment.

Liverpool fans almost universally wanting Rodgers out after today's embarrassing defeat. FSG will probably give him another season to try and put things right, but it'd be a bold move to give him another chunk of money to spend after so many poor recent signings.

Last season Liverpool's issue was defending. They conceded more goals than all but one team in the top eight, but scoring 101 goals offset that somewhat. Their defensive weakness probably cost them the title last year.

This year they've conceded two less, so a slight improvement, but scored only 52 goals, just under 50% less goals than the previous season. Gerrard is their top league scorer with 9, and he's leaving. Sterling is second with 7 league goals - also likely to be leaving. That would essentially mean that in two seasons Liverpool will have lost their top 3 goal scorers and have not improved their defensive record to any noticeable degree.

Huge summer for the club, really. If they recruit badly next season could see a massive decline. They can't rely on Sturridge with his current injury problems, so they realistically need at least two players who can get 20-25 goals between them. They also likely need at least one top class central defender and a PL standard right back.

Worrying times if you're a Liverpool supporter.

It can be debated as to whether letting Allardyce go is a good decision obviously, if they are getting Bilic, that might well work out well, he's a fan favourite, they've wanted him for a long time. And Bilic did well managing Croatia, what he has done since, I don't know. Sounds interesting.

West Ham, Sulivan, Gold and Brady?

Hughes is better off at Stoke, similar sized club with more spending power than West Ham I'd imagine.

Normally I would agree but the move to the Olympic stadium in 2016 could turn them into a monster. Loads and loads of supporters in east London (more people live in the East than North, South or West) little competition for fans - just Leyton Orient and Dagenham. They'll be able to offer good prices on tickets as they have got the stadium cheap.

Hughes might feel he can build something big there without too much pressure.

The board is a big problem though. Might put Hughes off after City and QPR.

Sam Allardyce hasn't be choosing the players to sign over the past 12 months but the West Ham owner David Sullivan and his football advisor have been signing the players.

Can't see Hughes liking that tbh.

Bilic has been managing Bestikas in Turkey.

• Moderation Lead

Seems the likes of City and RM etc disagree with you K-Hod. But what do they know eh? ^_^

If Sterling goes to Real Madrid I'll find rocking horse dung...

I can see Newcastle going for Hughes or our friend Mr Dyche ?

Now that could be amusing !

If Sterling goes to Real Madrid I'll find rocking horse dung...

Very true , someone is destabilising Liverpool besides Rodgers my money is on Man City !

I can see Newcastle going for Hughes or our friend Mr Dyche ?

Now that could be amusing !

Doubt Hughes would go there. Got burned already by idiots at QPR and City.

Apart from West Ham I think Hughes would be tempted by Everton if it came up and they would fancy him with his connections. He is in an interesting phase of career.

Probably won't be touched by the massive clubs due to the City nightmare unless he does something remarkable like get into the CL. But then are you more likely to get in the CL with West Ham or Everton than Stoke? Probably not. Its all a mixed bag. Resource wise you can never compete with the top six (CL plus Spurs and Liverpool) wherever you are.

Its going to be tough. If I was him I'd stick with Stoke provided he's financially backed and see how far he can go.

Some Stoke views on Zonz:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/244362/steven-nzonzi

You'd imagine he'll make the step up sooner rather than later.

Bloody hell

"I'm not sure what to say about today.

I think in years to come we may well be saying that this was the greatest Stoke performance of all time, orchestrated by the single greatest midfield performance of all time from Steven N'Zonzi. It was that good.

"

Haven't seen the game, kind of want to now, but sadly for stoke if that quote is right there is no chance he will be at the Brit come September.

Interestingly I think Liverpool would be looking at him, especially after that game. They need desperately to replace Gerrard.

Its really annoying supporting clubs like Stoke or Rovers. You wait for years for a top class player to come along, watch them develop and you get 1 season if you are lucky of them at the top of their game and they are gone.

It can be debated as to whether letting Allardyce go is a good decision obviously, if they are getting Bilic, that might well work out well, he's a fan favourite, they've wanted him for a long time. And Bilic did well managing Croatia, what he has done since, I don't know. Sounds interesting.

imo Booting out Allardyce represents a huge risk for them in their current position.

Normally I would agree but the move to the Olympic stadium in 2016 could turn them into a monster. Loads and loads of supporters in east London (more people live in the East than North, South or West) little competition for fans - just Leyton Orient and Dagenham. They'll be able to offer good prices on tickets as they have got the stadium cheap.

Hughes might feel he can build something big there without too much pressure.

The board is a big problem though. Might put Hughes off after City and QPR.

But NUFC aren't a monster. Never have been. Similarly with the likes of Sunderland, Spurs and Villa etc.

Some Stoke views on Zonz:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/244362/steven-nzonzi

You'd imagine he'll make the step up sooner rather than later.

Impossible! They must be mistaken! Lots on here are firmly convinced that he wasn't good enough even for us when he played here!

:rolleyes: Dimwits!

Opinions were polarised here way back. Quite a lot of praise turning to criticism toward the end. http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/25830-nzonzi/

btw PB.... 'liability'?????

How about this 1st page... replace him with a traffic cone... Hemel Roverhttp://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/26869-nzonzi-off/

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/26869-nzonzi-off/

:wstu:

and to think someone made that goon a mod!

'Better than Yaya Toure'

He will be in two-three years.

• Moderation Lead

West Ham fans displaying massive levels of delusion in wanting to get rid of Allardyce because of the style of football, and replace him with Benitez......(known for his caution!!)

The Stoke fans are waxing lyrical about Nzonzi this season. Player of the season, played more minutes for them than anyone esle and up to two weeks ago a player who had covered more ground than anyone else in the PL. No suprise to me. Very good player who performed well for the Rovers. I dont even dislike the way he left. One of the few to show he cared and to have the balls to stand up to the classless moron when things were not going well.

Castigated simply for being tall when first signed by Allardyce. Sold him way, way too cheap.

Will never be as good as Ya Ya Toure. That is hardly a crticism however. Doesnt have the same pace, power, control, dexterity, dribbling, or shooting skills. Will never score as many goals, or influence games to the same extent at the very highest levels, nor win as many trophies. A lot better in the air however, harder working and more team / defensively minded. Surely a good bet for one of the bigger teams at Liverpool, Spurs, or even Arsenal.

Archived