BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

RAWK is hilarious after a defeat. The levels of delusion amongst Liverpool fans is quality.

There's a twitter account 'RAWK Meltdown' which publishes tweets from there- it's a delight for anyone on Twitter.

I only use twitter to "follow" things, I never post or anything, but that one is probably my favourite.

You start to question whether it's just Man Utd fans on there on the wind-up until you actually meet Liverpool fans in real life.

Never encountered such a delusional set of supporters.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nzonzi named Stoke Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year.

No suprise to me. Very disappointed to see him go, but hardly a shock at that time. If he adds a bit more creativity and a few more goals he will get a gig higher up the league.

Probably a Hughes tactic to keep him sweet, he's high maintenance that one, but he apparently thumped **** so he's alright by me.

Despite having a gawky build it was obvious to me that he was a player when he was here. All manner of opinions were given on here and it seemed he was a marmite player, liked by many and disliked by just as many. Personally I was dismayed when he left and the performances from his successors and his value to Stoke have backed my judgement. He would have been amazing in this Divison although tbh he'd prob have been long gone by now.

Thousands missing at Arsenal tonight, if that would have been us, Wigan or Bolton in the Prem they'd not have stopped talking about it in commentary.

Didn't here 1 word said....

Despite having a gawky build it was obvious to me that he was a player when he was here. All manner of opinions were given on here and it seemed he was a marmite player, liked by many and disliked by just as many. Personally I was dismayed when he left and the performances from his successors and his value to Stoke have backed my judgement. He would have been amazing in this Divison although tbh he'd prob have been long gone by now.

A great Sam signing. Always liked him, defended him many times on here. Clearly Premier League quality from the off. Should have been energising our Premier League midfield for years but sold for way less than his value in a frantic race to dumb us down.

Its times like this that really bring home the damage Raos have done to us.

I got N'Zonzi on my shirt after his debut (I was still fairly young at the time) - it was obvious after just one game he was going to be a cracking player. Never understood people who criticized him, solid top half PL centre midfielder.

Looking back, the N'Zonzi--Jermaine Jones--Phil Jones centre midfield trio we had at the back end of 10/11 was superb. We still almost went down, but that's because we had he who shall not be named as 'manager'.

• Moderation Lead

A great Sam signing. Always liked him, defended him many times on here. Clearly Premier League quality from the off. Should have been energising our Premier League midfield for years but sold for way less than his value in a frantic race to dumb us down.

Its times like this that really bring home the damage Raos have done to us.

The only thing that was frantic was N'Zonzi's desire to get put of here once we went down. I don't blame him one bit either, anyone with any value that could engineer a move, did.

Why on earth would anyone want working with Steve Kean on their CV for longer than they had to?

Great to see Advocat showing just what keeping Sunderland up meant to him last night.

On a day when Sterling was seen throwing his gear into his car like a petulant little child, it's good to know someone still cares about the game and not about himself.

Great to see Advocat showing just what keeping Sunderland up meant to him last night.

On a day when Sterling was seen throwing his gear into his car like a petulant little child, it's good to know someone still cares about the game and not about himself.

Credit to Advocate who has done well. Three clean sheets last three games got them home. They still constantly underachieve however. Seemingly the North East disease that will also see either Hull or the bar codes relegated.

Arsenal failed to score last three games at home. They still need three, possibly four top players to truly compete.

I got N'Zonzi on my shirt after his debut (I was still fairly young at the time) - it was obvious after just one game he was going to be a cracking player. Never understood people who criticized him, solid top half PL centre midfielder.

Looking back, the N'Zonzi--Jermaine Jones--Phil Jones centre midfield trio we had at the back end of 10/11 was superb. We still almost went down, but that's because we had he who shall not be named as 'manager'.

when have we not criticized a player? its in our blood to find any sort of criticism no matter how good the player is. :lol:

• Moderation Lead

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/12962616.Bar_pays_out___6_000_after_illegally_screening_Premier_League_football_matches/

There'll be no doubt loads of bars around here sitting nervously after this. It's no wonder that some are tempted to go for 'dodgy foreign Sky', given how much pubs are charged each month to show footy when they do so 'legitimately'.....

He properly thinks he's something Sterling. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I don't know. In terms of raw ability he looks excellent to me. Very quick, can pick a pass, use both feet, scores goals from distance or short range. Of all the English attacking players out there at the moment he is the most talented IMO. I would say the most promising since Rooney as an all round attacker.

Issue is he seems to be a bit of a bell end advised by an even bigger bell end. He's 20 for christsake. Take the 100k a week and then move on in a couple of years if he doesn't like it. Now is the time to focus on his game. If he does that the way Rooney did then he will get to the top. Clearly part of the reason hes had a poor season is he is focussing on contractual issues...

I reckon it all could end up with him going to man city, not settling down and finding himself wasting on the bench in a couple of years which would be a shame for him and England. Crucial time in his career now.

• Backroom

Ashley saying he's going nowhere until Newcastle win something. So, essentially, he thinks he's going to be there forever.

Going to be an interesting final afternoon for Hull and Newcastle. Two very weak teams with a poor and abysmal manager respectively. Both have squads which on paper should have enough to stay in the division, but collectively haven't got the mental strength to be consistent for a sustained period.

Hull the most likely to go down, I think. United have put out a fairly strong team and Hull haven't responded well to pressure throughout the season. Newcastle are poor, but West Ham away from home are just as bad and with Allardyce leaving have their own internal problems which seem to be affecting them on the pitch.

I see a draw at St James, and Hull beaten by United to send them down.

Hull: Harper, Dawson, Chester, McShane, Elmohamady, Brady, Huddlestone, Meyler, Quinn, N'Doye, Jelavic

For a team in it's third straight season in the PL, that is a desperately poor first eleven. I know they're struggling with injuries, but still!

Ashley saying he's going nowhere until Newcastle win something. So, essentially, he thinks he's going to be there forever.

Going to be an interesting final afternoon for Hull and Newcastle. Two very weak teams with a poor and abysmal manager respectively. Both have squads which on paper should have enough to stay in the division, but collectively haven't got the mental strength to be consistent for a sustained period.

Hull the most likely to go down, I think. United have put out a fairly strong team and Hull haven't responded well to pressure throughout the season. Newcastle are poor, but West Ham away from home are just as bad and with Allardyce leaving have their own internal problems which seem to be affecting them on the pitch.

I see a draw at St James, and Hull beaten by United to send them down.

UTD may be kind to Hull because of the connection,

SA has a score to settle with Newcastle, could be interesting !

Archived