BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How can we survive

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This individual criticised the protests non stop last season?????

Don't think I did. I think I expressed concern at protesting during the game but not about the principle of protesting against the owners and Kean. Odd you don't protest about the owners these days.

Why bring brag up if you've no bee in your bonnet .. I was referring to the fans in the ground going mad about venkys . It's every opportunity on here these days to pop at brag . What was your opinion of the atmosphere inside the ground?

Stood there last night 5 minutes to kick off -- I had an overwhelming feeling of total despair ( I wanted to cry - it was that bad) - empty seats, no cheers for the players names being called out, it was awful!

The twenty year party is over!

We have played in Europe, we have won the "league cup" we have beaten Man Utd, We really did win the Premiership, it wasn't a dream!

It has been all the things I never thought could happen when we were floundering about in the third division with 5k on Ewood

The difference between then and now is expectations!

It dawned on me last night - I need to review my expectations - we are a small club again!

(Its a f*****ng shame because we didnt need to be - but we are)

Stood there last night 5 minutes to kick off -- I had an overwhelming feeling of total despair ( I wanted to cry - it was that bad) - empty seats, no cheers for the players names being called out, it was awful!

We have played in Europe, we have won the "league cup" we have beaten Man Utd, We really did win the Premiership, it wasn't a dream!

It has been all the things I never thought could happen when we were floundering about in the third division with 5k on Ewood

It dawned on me last night - I need to review my expectations - we are a small club again!

I think the saddest thing is that this could have been easily avoided.

We didn't even try to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Agreed. It really hit home last night just how far down Venky's have dragged us.

It's a shame the infighting between fans continues.

Be logical for a minute.

Who is responsible for the clubs demise? Who continue to make ludicrous decisions? What qualifies Shebby to have such influence on our clubs fate? What manager could change our fortunes with the hierarchy interfering?

When the protests resume - I'm sure they will. Pick out the real villains Venkys / Shebby / Shaw / Agnew. I'd include Hendry in that list too (some may disagree) he's just here for the dollar - no skill or results from his input, just like Kean.

Berg needs to start showing some balls to retain my support. Start to change things that are clearly not working - or admit he's being steered by other influences.

The Club comes first. ( or it should do)

Decisions like players / management should be left in the hands of the owners and they should be strong enough to do what they think is right.

Spot on and that is how it is at 99.9% of other clubs.

We are unfortunately a ferkin Circus.

From the heart that,

Rips my heart to pieces what these gobshytes have done to our club,so glad of JW and the good times he brought to this once proud footballing institution...happy days indeed.

The Loons from Pune will never be able to take away our memory's of what we once had.

No, the action group are. Theycurrently represent only themselves....it seems

They represent their members. If you want them to represent your views, then join and make yourself heard.

To constantly snipe at a group you are not a member of, when you could easily be, makes no sense.

Results are poor so we need someone to kick eh? Why does it always have to be our own fans?

Spot on and that is how it is at 99.9% of other clubs.

We are unfortunately a ferkin Circus.

From the heart that,

Rips my heart to pieces what these gobshytes have done to our club,so glad of JW and the good times he brought to this once proud footballing institution...happy days indeed.

The Loons from Pune will never be able to take away our memory's of what we once had.

the post of the day felt the exact same myself last night in a crowd which was no where near the 12,400 more like 10K...they can't take away the Prem title , many semi's the worthington cup win , Feyenord , Celtic , Sofia , Lyon , etc , etc

• Backroom

Sorry Ricky but that is totally wrong, when McKinlay was going to be appointed, it was us who mobilised within 2 hours and slamned the decision.............However knee jerk reactions is something we do not do.

Erm.... ;)

They represent their members. If you want them to represent your views, then join and make yourself heard.

To constantly snipe at a group you are not a member of, when you could easily be, makes no sense.

Results are poor so we need someone to kick eh? Why does it always have to be our own fans?

I'd rather vote Tory

Sorry Ricky but that is totally wrong, when McKinlay was going to be appointed, it was us who mobilised within 2 hours and slamned the decision which was covered by the media across the world. It was made quite clear that a number of supporters wanted experience. We got lambasted for doing so, even a thread was made to take more lumps out of us.

When we protested last season , we was slated for doing so, when we opened communication with the club we was slated for doing so.

It appears people are quick to knock BRFCAG, But when they aint happy expect us to come up with a reaction.

We are not in bed with anyone, we are pro-Blackburn Rovers and won't just chuck our toys out the pram at the first sign of more heartache. Communication has already been made with India and at Ewood following last nights defeat and as I stated last night the inquest has started.

I as a person will now digest my thoughts on the whole thing, and then tomorrow as a committee I will hear the thoughts of the other committee members. No doubt next week at the walk in centre we will hear even more thoughts. However knee jerk reactions is something we do not do

sorry but couldn't you're reaction to McKinlay(as stated at the start of your post) be considered knee jerk.

in hindsight who's to say whether Mckinlay could have done a better or worst job than Berg, no Mckinlay has no real managerial experience but he did have coaching experience and in in-depth insiders knowledge of current English football.

Don't forget in the press release stating you didn't want McKinlay you also said you didn't want Sherwood. Not convinced either would have had a worse start than Berg at present. And yes, that was a pretty knee jerk reaction surely!

Any dreams about a quick return to the top , were scuppered for me , when our owners retained the services of kean !

Since their arrival 2 years ago , they have done one thing right , the signing of Rhodes (paid over the top but his goals should keep us up)

I do not believe for one minute VENKYS actions are in the best interests of BLACKBURN ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB ........

THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE ! UNTIL THEY HAVE LEFT BLACKBURN ROVERS WILL CONTINUE TO FLOUNDER .

Rhodes ,will be sold in Jan or July 2013 , if January a return to the 3rd tier beckons !

Singh spouts crap 'promotion is the minium ; well then Mr Singh why was Kean allowed to waste money on Murphy , Etuhu and all the rest in the summer ?

Why wasn't Kean sacked in the summer ?

Everyone and there dog knew , Kean was a manipulative chancer and should have been removed long since ..

You can kid some of the people some of the time Mr Singh ...

Get out of this football club and take your paymasters with you (who ever they maybe )

Don't forget in the press release stating you didn't want McKinlay you also said you didn't want Sherwood. Not convinced either would have had a worse start than Berg at present. And yes, that was a pretty knee jerk reaction surely!

Not on here to beat up BRAG, they did a decent job helping to put pressure on that lying swine.

But getting involved in managerial appointments was a step to far for me, I lost a lot of respect for them after that.

Now we hear about the cozy chats with Singh, Singh nipping into the Brown Cow handing out free tickets (not sure if that's true by the way, alledgedly) its all a bit to cozy for me and it certainly feels like Singh has you lot wrapped around his little finger, just where he wants you.

Gav I can assure you we are wrapped around nobody's little finger, we sought dialogue with the club, and we got it, not just with Shebby Singh but also Derek Shaw and pretty much every department within Ewood. One of the big concerns amongst fans that we had owners in India and the fans had nobody to voice their concerns to. Shebby Singh whether you like him or not was who the owners chose to send over to speak to fans.

BRFCAG will NEVER win an argument on here. I don't know why they bother posting.

The snipers should be able to go to an open meeting and make their points in person and not anonymously from behind a keyboard. But they won't.

BRFCAG are not some professional organisation (although appear to be attempting to be) they are a group of ordinary Rovers fans who care about the club, yet they are regularly rounded upon by people who wouldn't have the balls to do anything themselves - but would happily grumble about the very same problems under their breath.

People are more interested in personalities and their prejudices about a person than the cause they are fighting.

It makes me laugh though that people who criticised BRFCAG for being WRONG now criticise them for changing their position (now Kean has gone, btw). Yet if they hadn't they'd be called idiots or worse. Even worse than that people are now calling individuals character into question, suggesting the have been "seduced by power" or some such nonsense. Have those saying this ever spoken to Glen or Mark in person??

Talking more generally about our fanbase as a whole, the trouble is a lot of Rovers fans have been spoiled and have only ever known the club as a PL club and can't understand why we are where we are.

We can blame Venkys, Kean or even the Walker Trust as much as we want but when it comes down to it, we are a small town club who, post Jack's death, have been getting 25k average gates (before the last 2 years) due to the quality of the opposition, cheap prices, bloody hard work by a few key individuals and an ability to sell players for big bucks as a result.

This was never sustainable and as soon as we were relegated, that was that as far as a lot of supporters were concerned. I don't doubt that there are some good, long term fans disillusioned by the situation but they had a chance to return once Kean wad potted and instead many looked for other excuses. Whatever the individual reasons we have now lost HALF of the Ewood crowd. Half!

The only chance for this club to continue to be a success was for the Walker Trust to sell to competent owners who knew what they were getting into and had a sustainable cash position but it appears they didn't care enough, or were misled by middlemen giving assurances which patently weren't there to be assured. That moment has gone and we have been watching the slow motion train wreck ever since.

However, when Venkys do leave, we are up kean creek - make no mistake about it - and those fans saying that's the only way they'll come back will find another excuse. In any case there may not even be a club to come back to! Now we are out of the PL we are of NO interest to potential "investors" and it will be down to another Trust organisation to pick up the pieces.

Someone mentioned we are now a small club. No, we've always been a small club, we've just had an amazing ride. We are now left with players badged as "ex Premier League" when in reality they were either never up to that standard or are past it simply due to their age. This isn't the fans' fault either.

What is the fans' fault is those completely giving up on their team when the going got tough - whatever the reason - and the majority of those don't post on here anyway. It's means to be the fans that really own the club, with the custodians coming and going. Well it looks like at Rovers that 'ownership ' is down to about 5,000 hardy souls - and I don't even count myself as one of those.

But I salute you - every one of you - whether you are BRFCAG or not.

Archived