BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Alan Wright commentating on Radio Lancs the players didn't look interested second half.

"Off it" "something wrong somehow" "not closing the ball down when they didn't have it" were just a few of his comments.

surely you didn't need Alan Wright to tell yiou that Simon? It's been plain for long enough that our back four have been unprotected and left exposed by the players in front of them not 'getting goal side' when the other team has possession.

Remember at this point that many of our supporters actually coined the term 'hoofball' under Big Sam and are under some illusion that we are too good to play football that way. To many on that Blackburn End have 'Champagne tastes on beer money'.

Stop dragging this up it's boring now. Not everyone had a go at Big Sam yet you constantly make out like 20k people hounded him. Change the ####### record.

surely you didn't need Alan Wright to tell yiou that Simon? It's been plain for long enough that our back four have been unprotected and left exposed by the players in front of them not 'getting goal side' when the other team has possession.

Obviously that was the main failing under Kean and we pressed a little bit better under Black and a lot better in two or three of Berg's early games.

However that honeymoon period of 2-3 games appears to be well and truly over and the players appear to have settled back into their bad old ways. If not worse than ever.

Stop dragging this up it's boring now. Not everyone had a go at Big Sam yet you constantly make out like 20k people hounded him. Change the ####### record.

Agreed. And the very small minority who occasionally moaned had no impact in him leaving, as it was rarely audible and nothing Venky's would notice (they didn't listen to the whole ground shouting 'Kean out' ffs).

They bloody well did.... and plenty still do! . When you are discussing the rovers in various company just slip in the sentence 'we desperately need Big Sam back' and see the reaction you get. ;) I do it frequently .... amazing how many thick keaners there are out there.

Agreed. And the very small minority who occasionally moaned had no impact in him leaving, as it was rarely audible and nothing Venky's won't nice (they didn't listen to the whole ground shouting 'Kean out' ffs.

If anyone thinks that the fans were in any way responsible for the sacking of Allardyce then they are pretty much denying any influence from Kean's people, and that's one of the big reasons that the club has fallen so hard and so fast in my opinion.

They bloody well did.... and plenty still do! .

Everyone did? Even you then?

Some did, some didn't. That's all there is to it.

They bloody well did.... and plenty still do! .

Did what? There was a small minority who occasionally booed the odd sub or chanted 4-4-2. The fanbase was pretty much united back then, and the supporters had nothing to do with Big Sam's nonsensical sacking and the idiocy that has followed by Venky's.

The people who are happy Sam left obviously need to wake the hell up, but 98% of Rovers fans would tell you that was the moment that pre-empted our severe decline. You act like the fans were hounding him - never heard any dissent in the Darwen End!

Very poor result. Worryingly a lack of changes when we were struggling, and a failure to read where things were going wrong in the second half are black marks against Berg. Shabby's influence or not those things must remain under his control - and it looks like he fluffed it.

Clearly the players aren't at all arsed. Black marks all round - even with shambolic management they should be able to put more of a shift in. However management also need to look at why an entire squad look like they can't be bothered.

Personally I think this squad DOES have talent. Unbalanced yes, but this is the championship and many players should be more than good enough for this level - especially if managed correctly:

Olsson (the good one) plays lb for Sweden. He's also played lb in the prem for a few years under hughes and allardyce. granted he's much better at left mid (and should be played there) but to think he can't cut it at left back in the championship is wrong.

Equally, poor game aside, we've seen Givet look imperious and has shown his quality before.

Pedersen plays for Norway - he's a capped play for an ok country, and was an integral - or at least regular part of allardyces team. Again the idea he can't cut it seems a bit weak.

I could go on and on. Even Robbo's problems seem to be simply fitness ones, and Lowe may just have energy but then so do a lot of other centre mids in this division. I bet most managers of this division would love our squad despite it's imbalance, if not our situation.

Which leaves us with the question of why we're not doing better. The answer obviously is there are things badly wrong behind the scenes. Not a revelation or shock to anyone. Just think when we consider the squad we have and our current position that it's a massive sign that the problems lie deeper than the squad and team selected.

They bloody well did.... and plenty still do! . When you are discussing the rovers in various company just slip in the sentence 'we desperately need Big Sam back' and see the reaction you get.

There are a number of unfashionable Clubs in the Premiership performing creditably who do not play in the style of Allardyce or Pullis. There's no reason why we couldn't still have been one of them if the right appointment had been made when Allardyce was sacked.

Constantly harping back to Allardyce is completely pointless. It's two years since he went. You might as well bemoan the fact Hughes was driven out by lack of financial support or the fact that King Kenny is no longer at the helm.

You act like the fans were hounding him - never heard any dissent in the Darwen End!

Do they talk about football there? All they ever did when I had the misfortune to watch a match there was goad the opposition fans and cram into the bogs for a smoke or whatever.

Michel Salgado said on twitter that the players will never give their all for this club

Make of that what you will

That was the 2nd half of a sentence, the first half said something like, when you drop players like Robbo who have done the biz for years but are in a bad run, then players will....

Did what? There was a small minority who occasionally booed the odd sub or chanted 4-4-2. The fanbase was pretty much united back then, and the supporters had nothing to do with Big Sam's nonsensical sacking and the idiocy that has followed by Venky's.

The people who are happy Sam left obviously need to wake the hell up, but 98% of Rovers fans would tell you that was the moment that pre-empted our severe decline. You act like the fans were hounding him - never heard any dissent in the Darwen End!

The booing that rained down from the terraces during the last 5 mins of our 3-0 victory over Wolves was not a tiny minority and Allardyce was sacked the week after. Granted we'd been thumped by MU the week before but don't tell me that those numpties were not used by the dark forces operating behind the scenes to persuade the Slumdogs to sack him.

Do they talk about football there? All they ever did when I had the misfortune to watch a match there was goad the opposition fans and cram into the bogs for a smoke or whatever.

Some do... And I'd rather go somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and singing than sit in the JW, which is silent. Imagine the whole ground was that quiet?

(Not a dig on the Jack Walker stand, but Theno's snobby attitude towards stands (he has an obsession with criticising the BBE too) is just boring).

The booing that rained down from the terraces during the last 5 mins of our 3-0 victory over Wolves was not a tiny minority and Allardyce was sacked the week after. Don't tell me that those numpties were not used by the dark forces operating behind the scenes to persuade the Slumdogs to sack him.

I barely remember that booing. Heard a lot made of it on here but I certainly didn't join in.

That was the 2nd half of a sentence, the first half said something like, when you drop players like Robbo who have done the biz for years but are in a bad run, then players will....

Ah...........much the same point I've been making.

HB's treatment of Robinson has been shocking imo.

I hope Mark doesn't mind me speaking on his behalf but according to his twitter he said the chants were we want venkys out and not we want Henning out

Also chants of your not fit to wear the shirt

On reflection it was probably Henning sort it out. No doubt about the comments re Shebby and Venkys though.

We were OK for 15 minutes then once Blackpool scored it was game over. Not a decent chance created though we rolled one against the post. I couldn't see what happened for that due to a large upright blocking my view.

Nothing worth discussing on the football really, much bigger issues need addressing. Until the Global Advisor and Venkys leave we're stuffed. nothing else will fix this.

• Backroom

Ah ok makes a bit more sense though

Not quite sure why dropping Robinson is disrespectful or whatever though

But it is!

The Darwen End do sing. But even they have lost their appetite lately.

All as a result of gross mismanagement, which started with Sam's sacking and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. Sad.

Ah...........much the same point I've been making.

HB's treatment of Robinson has been shocking imo.

simon if you put the entire squad into a big bag, tied the top up, shook it up for 2 minutes and then twatted it with the biggest stick you could find...... whoever got hit would fully deserve it!

Michel Salgado said on twitter that the players will never give their all for this club

Make of that what you will

Not really true. He said "I can agree with all the fans believing that Robbo looks unfit but if you drop important players in a bad run of form after 5 great years you will never have the commitment from the team."

Archived