BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

Not true. Venky's did not have to do anything when they took over.....just let Allardyce and Williams continue to run the club in the same way it had been run for the previous decade with occasional player sales and forays into the transfer market.

Venky's are entirely to blame for this debacle, and it will serve them right if they lose shedload of money before we go bust and they finally sell up.

The real victims however are the supporters who are having to witness the heart-breaking decline of the club from which it may never recover.

+1

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself & my freind rather worryingly decided to wait for the 'players' after the game..The players slowly skulked out, one by one, head down sulking, reflecting their passionless plight on the pitch. It also struck me how poor the squad actually is when they individually skulked out.

I thought Marcus was going to belt me, asked what I thought was wrong with the team. Told him no passion, fight, desire. Snap into tackles.. Told him to watch a YouTube of vinnie jones to which he smiled- I was deadly serious though.

The most over rated dispirited bunch of pre-madonnas ive ever seen. People worshipping Rhodes, he ain't no Benni, Roque even Yakubu. Nobody could turn the around. Toll on January!

Myself & my freind rather worryingly decided to wait for the 'players' after the game..The players slowly skulked out, one by one, head down sulking, reflecting their passionless plight on the pitch. It also struck me how poor the squad actually is when they individually skulked out.

I thought Marcus was going to belt me, asked what I thought was wrong with the team. Told him no passion, fight, desire. Snap into tackles.. Told him to watch a YouTube of vinnie jones to which he smiled- I was deadly serious though.

The most over rated dispirited bunch of pre-madonnas ive ever seen. People worshipping Rhodes, he ain't no Benni, Roque even Yakubu. Nobody could turn the around. Toll on January!

You've nothing to worry about, none of them would give you a slap. They havnt got a fight in them.

Big sam would seem like the messiagh now ,

Big Sam was the messiah.

And the club shat on him.

We're clearly in some trouble, but on watching the entire match today, the performance wasn't as bad as some are making out.

We were the better team for most of the game and had the best chances, just let down by two awful pieces of defending.

Dropping Robbo was an absolute clanger and it will come back to bite Berg on the backside.

As for anyone comparing this to Kean's reign...talk about short memories.

We were atrocious under Kean, even worse than this and I have no doubts at all that we would have even fewer points than we do now, had the bald twonk stayed.

Just watching the highlights and that was a great chance for Rhodes in the first half but his lack of pace really let him down

Saw the highlights just then too. My dear God the defending. We must have conceded the highest number of goals from headers this season, surely? A dominant centre half is just as important as a central midfielder in Jan.

The thing is we don't need to spend silly money to get the right people in, we just need a decent scouting network again. One of boro's best players this season has been George Friend who they picked up for £100k. Look at the players playing in the top teams in our league and they are not world beaters.

I think Rhodes is a great finisher but I can't help but think that £8m could have been spent far better by strengthening throughout the team.

I think Rhodes is a great finisher but I can't help but think that £8m could have been spent far better by strengthening throughout the team.

It is interesting - though not directly his fault - given our current poor form, I would be tempted to drop him to the bench and play King and CKR. Jordan's lack of pace and physical presence - means he becomes a bit of a passenger at times - given our poor form can we afford the luxury ? Earlier in the season he created goals from poor service - recently even they have dried up.

Spoke with a couple of friends who are Blackpool fans and asked them for their 'unbiased assessment'.

Bottom line is, they just couldn't believe how shambolic we were, especially in 2nd half and what an open goal we missed by not taking Holloway who, in their opinion, was desperate to join Rovers.

Spoke with a couple of friends who are Blackpool fans and asked them for their 'unbiased assessment'.

Bottom line is, they just couldn't believe how shambolic we were, especially in 2nd half and what an open goal we missed by not taking Holloway who, in their opinion, was desperate to join Rovers.

Reflects poorly on their team then - IF we had taken our chances we would have won the game.

Reflects poorly on their team then - IF we had taken our chances we would have won the game.

IF is a very big word !

IF Blackpool had started better, they might have won 5-0.

It's all totally irrelevant.

All that matters are the scores on the doors.

Facts don't lie.

We are 15th, Berg has taken 6 points out of 27 and we are in a tailspin !

IF is a very big word !

IF Blackpool had started better, they might have won 5-0.

It's all totally irrelevant.

All that matters are the scores on the doors.

Facts don't lie.

We are 15th, Berg has taken 6 points out of 27 and we are in a tailspin !

I agree that at the end of the day it is the points that matter. However I don't think we played as bad as some are making out - on a different day it could have easily been a different result. Unfortunately the lack of confidence is really starting to show at times - we missed Murphy at times - which is it was strange not to see dunny replace Ettuhu

sorry andy, thats codswollop, we were slightly better in the first half, second half we were non existent, no one wanted to put a tackle in, no one could pass a ball, the only route to any attacks from us was from pumping the ball long which gave blackpool easy possession back, in short we were kean!!

As much I blame Berg, some people are right in that our squad is not as strong as so,me make out and also unbalenced

Not so long ago Givet was our 4th choice defender (more likely to go left back than centre half)

We have too many second stikers as best posistion - Dunn, formica, Simon, Rochina, nuno G, Kazim, We have no natural wide-men.

It was embaessing watching Blackpool outplay us technically at evey turn/

Just watched the highlights, put simply you can't hide away from it we are in an awful mess. We had good chances and didn't take any, so that removes any positives whatsoever and like every game looked like conceding on every attack. I've never known a team concede so many free headers in my life and equally as worrying is nobody is seems too worried by it in the team. Any centre half worth his salt should be disgusted at conceding the goals we concede but they just walk away without a care in the world.

I thought Steve Claridge got it about right on football league show. Not only are we crying out for a dominant centre half, but he noted our fullbacks don't stay tight enough to opposition widemen and just seem to let them luck out their cross. Claridge, who usually is charitable, insusted whole performance was poor. He thought on paper we had some quite good players. Clearly he thought Berg was doing poorly. I was very pro Berg when we appointed him. But now have lots of doubts whether he is the right man to take us into January window.

I thought Berg showed some pretty basic managerial shortcomings today. Putting aside tactics and formations why on earth did we only have one substitution? And even more frustrating was that at EVERY corner we pulled all eleven players back into our own penalty area even when we were one and then two down. On one occasion Jake Kean caught the ball and ran to edge of his penalty area looking to release the ball early but there was nobody there. When he did throw it out it was to King who was probably 30 yards from our goal line.

Most embarrassing moment though was the short corner between Olssen and King. For Heavens sake these are two full internationals. That incident summed up the current state of Blackburn Rovers - shambolic.

Archived