BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

I was at Bloomfield Road today.

Played well for 20 minutes, then got gradually worse after they scored. Was really pleased with the team changes Berg had made, but he wasn't rewarded with good performances from the players that came in. That said, I can't understand why he waited so long to make a sub, and his motivational skills appear to be negligible.

The chants were "Henning, sort it out", "Venky's out", "Shebby Singh is a w*****" and "You're not fit to wear the shirt", NOT "Berg out" as some stirrers have been suggesting. Radical changes needed in January.

Sadly, there were a lot of morons amongst our away support today, being louts whenever they got opportunity in pubs, the ground and the railway station. Made me ashamed to be a Rovers fan. One idiot behind me came out with a racist song late on in the game; fortunately no one else joined in. Think it'll be a while before I go away again though.

As for Gordon's tiresome trolling re: Allardyce, change the record! The situation the club is in is a disgrace, but the decline on the pitch was coming under your idol anyway, albeit it would have been more slow. No doubt you've many years following Rovers under your belt, but I find it hard to respect your opinions when they're now formed from the comfort of your armchair/golf course.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chants were "Henning, sort it out", "Venky's out", "Shebby Singh is a w*****" and "You're not fit to wear the shirt", NOT "Berg out" as some stirrers have been suggesting. Radical changes needed in January.

Sadly, there were a lot of morons amongst our away support today, being louts whenever they got opportunity in pubs, the ground and the railway station. Made me ashamed to be a Rovers fan. One idiot behind me came out with a racist song late on in the game; fortunately no one else joined in.

The one positive is that no-one joined in the racist song crap.

I dont find it hard to understand why the squad underperforms every game, they play with a total lack of passion and soul. Who at the club is there to install this passion or pride into the team? no-one at the club inspires me and Berg is not exactly brimming with charisma and passion.

The players have become like the club......no soul, no spirit, no passion, no fight, no character, owners dont come to games, no real chairman, idiot advisor who surely cant be taken seriously.

Two years of dissmantling the team and the people who cared for the club is now showing on the pitch, we must find a leader on and off the pitch fast.

He's right. Not exactly 5 great years, but his point is spot on. In a struggling team you need to keep your experienced keeper behind you. You need to back him and try to get the best from him. Throwing untried youngsters into the fray isn't the right move - IMO.

In what way was Robbo's absence culpable for our defeat? Kean came in and did well, imo, and was not at fault for the goals.

Robbo's played poorly all year, looks overweight, and for all his experience has done little to inspire those in front of him. Berg was well within his rights to drop him, IMO, as he should any underperformer.

This club is in a tailspin that it cannot break out of. Sorry but look forward to further relegation and the added frisson of bankruptcy thrown in.

Not too long ago we were a well run business, usually finishing mid table with a decent, unexpected cup run now and then. Giving a game to the Uniteds, Liverpools and Arsenals in the richest league in the world.

Now, thanks to a combination of inept business practice, head in the sand attitude to the league and the supporters, and staggering hubris from the board, Blackburn Rovers football club is in serious, serious trouble.

If you gave Shebby an enema you could bury him in a matchbox.

This is frighening the life out of me,this is much worse than we as fans could ever have envisaged.

Totally despondent right now.

He's right. Not exactly 5 great years, but his point is spot on. In a struggling team you need to keep your experienced keeper behind you. You need to back him and try to get the best from him. Throwing untried youngsters into the fray isn't the right move - IMO.

An experienced keeper that has been beaten 4 times in 5 shots on target in the last game and let's not forget the Millwall game were he was beaten with quite literally every attempt they had including 3 fully attempted saves for offside efforts. He claps the fans after every game so he must be a good character though.

As for Gordon's tiresome trolling re: Allardyce, change the record! The situation the club is in is a disgrace, but the decline on the pitch was coming under your idol anyway, albeit it would have been more slow.

Not true. Venky's did not have to do anything when they took over.....just let Allardyce and Williams continue to run the club in the same way it had been run for the previous decade with occasional player sales and forays into the transfer market.

Venky's are entirely to blame for this debacle, and it will serve them right if they lose shedload of money before we go bust and they finally sell up.

The real victims however are the supporters who are having to witness the heart-breaking decline of the club from which it may never recover.

Not true. Venky's did not have to do anything when they took over.....just let Allardyce and Williams continue to run the club in the same way it had been run for the previous decade with occasional player sales and forays into the transfer market.

Venky's are entirely to blame for this debacle, and it will serve them right if they lose shedload of money before we go bust and they finally sell up.

The real victims however are the supporters who are having to witness the heart-breaking decline of the club from which it may never recover.

Very true , I cannot help thinking the sooner we go into adminstration the better .....

One question we have to ask is this. Presuming we somehow make the play-offs and get through to Wembley which player on the pitch today would have the bottle to take control of the final?

Can I have some of what your on Paul please.....

Halfway through a bottle of red. Partly because of today and partly my wife is wAtching Strictly. Not sure which is worse?

Point was if we made It our lot would probably bottle it completely.

This is pure delusion :(

No just pointing out we don't have a Ayer who could perform under such pressure. Still we won't be going to Wembley

Agreed. Venky's could have made themselves immensely popular by changing very little apart from adding a bit of investment.

Heck, we'd happily have Venky's plastered all over the advertising boards and our shirt if they did that - now it makes me sick everytime I see that logo.

In what way was Robbo's absence culpable for our defeat? Kean came in and did well, imo, and was not at fault for the goals.

Who said he was? Dear me, that's nothing to do with my point. Nor has the fact that Berg has every right to drop him.

One question we have to ask is this. Presuming we somehow make the play-offs and get through to Wembley which player on the pitch today would have the bottle to take control of the final?

are you on drugs man?

Scott Dann Captain today, says it all.

are we at the bottom of the curve yet?

Another season where our season has ended before Xmas. Relegated at Xmas last year and now pretty much impossible to get promoted with the ways things are going. We won't be relegated either.

I thought Berg picked a strong team today and one that on paper could have won the game. However, I wouldn't back us to beat a pub team at the moment. I'd get rid of berg before January. Get a proven manager in, let him build his own team in January ready for the following season.

What happened to your avatar Toppers?

Someone complained and the mods told me to take it down or they'd kill my first-born son.

I told them I didn't have any kids, so they said they'd put dog poo through my letter box instead.

Archived