BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the fact that Etuhu is so bad, the question is why did we sign such a poor player. Hell, he was bad when he was at Nobend. I have to wonder about that connection with our upstairs deadly duo of the ex programme editor, and his fellow nobender, the shelf man.

I just cannot believe that an ex player of Bergs standing would ever have such a no hoper as Etuhu in any team of his. I am absolutely convinced Berg is not picking this team.

All the changes to the team and the change in tactics going direct, Berg is looking desperate.

Shocking stats for a new manager and I don't know where he goes now, this team with a few hardworking midfielders should be challenging for top spot not struggling for a point.

Also I hate Etuhu.....one of the laziest players off the ball and clueless on it.

Dreadful second half performance. In the first 45 we were actually quite good and unlucky to be behind, but we were clueless after the break.

Obviously Blackpool changed tactics then eddie. What did they do different and did Berg not try to adapt to their changes?

Agree with basically all Eddie says but I would say we looked good until they scored but after that I can't remember us doing much.

A left footer (Vukcevic) on the left and King on the right meant that we were probably trying to provide crosses for Rhodes but I remember just two all game.....an over-hit one from Olsson and Kazim with a good one near the end.

We don't look like we have a game-plan.....it's just like under Kean where our only good play is someone picking up the ball, skipping through one or two challenges and looking to create something themselves.

Kazim can hold the ball up but it just goes back to the middle of midfield and we appear clueless again.

About time the players got some stick. How the Kean have they avoided that for 24 months I have no idea. Blame Venkys, Jerome and Kean all we want ( trust me i am too) but the players have performed abysmally during this period. People seem to think its alright for them to walk around scratching their asses whilst we're losing week in week out. They're rudderless - the lot of them.

Just out of interest did any of the goals come from crosses from Ollsson's side I've never know a full back allow so many crosses come into the box.

I'm not sure about anybody else but I'm petrified of us throwing money about in January as we are clearly spending cash we don't have. We would probably all agree that Kean didn't sign the majority of our players so there is a huge chance we will only buy the same standard of dross!!

The first one came from King not helping out Henley.

The 2nd one was from a corner that I can't remember how they got in the 1st place.

Olsson is never a left back in a million years but I suspect the only reason he is playing there is because he wants to play there for Sweden. He probably doubts he can get a game at left wing so is working on becoming a left back.

The thing is he is young and most defenders don't reach their peak until roughly 30 so he will get better but he's still a bit of a liability at the moment.

And what the f##k was Dann doing when he almost scored an own goal....and about 10 mins earlier when he hesitated before finally clearing it.

I remember watching Ipswich vs Reading years ago when Reading were vying for promotion (and achieved it in the end).....the commentator mentioned the fact that every time the ball was in their box, they would just get rid, no questions asked....and that was a key reason why they were good defensively......we pretty much do the opposite of them.

According to Alan Wright commentating on Radio Lancs the players didn't look interested second half.

"Off it" "something wrong somehow" "not closing the ball down when they didn't have it" were just a few of his comments.

Regardless of what you think of the owners it's Berg's and Black's job to get the players "at it". Black should have gone with Kean. Berg has to turn things round extremely quickly or he'll have to face the same fate. He needs to start by going back to having a preferred style of play and sticking with it

Even Kean managed 14 points from seven games with this squad. I know we were somewhat jammy early season but that still says it all about recent performances and results. ^There is no way this squad should be any lower than the play off places at worst imo.

According to Alan Wright commentating on Radio Lancs the players didn't look interested second half.

"Off it" "something wrong somehow" "not closing the ball down when they didn't have it" were just a few of his comments.

Regardless of what you think of the owners it's Berg's and Black's job to get the players "at it". Black should have gone with Kean. Berg has to turn things round extremely quickly or he'll have to face the same fate. He needs to start by going back to having a preferred style of play and sticking with it

Even Kean managed 14 points from seven games with this squad. I know we were somewhat jammy early season but that still says it all about recent performances and results. ^There is no way this squad should be any lower than the play off places at worst imo.

Don't think the dithering behind the scenes can help along with the coaching staff knowing changes are apparently imminent....

I'm not sure about anybody else but I'm petrified of us throwing money about in January as we are clearly spending cash we don't have. We would probably all agree that Kean didn't sign the majority of our players so there is a huge chance we will only buy the same standard of dross!!

If there is any money available in January, it's getting to the stage where you wonder whether you would allow Berg to spend it, or is another change needed before the transfer window?

Fair enough if you believe that. But I disagree.

Givet is a better player than this level.

I remain to be convinced about the others you mention. Olsson cant defend to save his life.. neither can Dann. Murphy is passed it, King hasnt shown anything. Henley and Vuckevic may turn out to be stars for us, but it isnt a given.

Correct Den.

Venkys out chants were clear. Didnt hear any Berg out chants from the feed I watched.

Shebby Singh is a w****r was also chanted, along with we want our Rovers back and There's Only One Jack Walker.

The car crash that is blackburn rovers IMO berg needs help from some one with experianced in championship football. a director of football maybe or assistant manager.(sven).but for god sake do something or we will be relegated.

No, no, no... Directors of football never work, nor assistant managers. What we need is a manager and Shebby to keep his beak out.

Sat with Blackpool fans - god that was miserable. Feel a little sorry for Berg - yet again we miss chances while on top and the opposition take their few chances. Goals change matches - and we just take a high enough percentage of chances.

Bergs biggest problem is how he can turn this around. Confidence is obviously draining from the players - and Bergs substitutions (or lack of them today) seems to infer he is struggling.

Considering the fact that Etuhu is so bad, the question is why did we sign such a poor player. Hell, he was bad when he was at Nobend. I have to wonder about that connection with our upstairs deadly duo of the ex programme editor, and his fellow nobender, the shelf man.

I just cannot believe that an ex player of Bergs standing would ever have such a no hoper as Etuhu in any team of his. I am absolutely convinced Berg is not picking this team.

Indeed he was bad at PNE, although he had the attributes to make a good tough midfielder, but his susceptibility to giving away free kicks made him a burden.

Regards Del, I think you have a good man there if he had control. He's a football man, he knows his stuff. Yes he backed the wrong managers while at PNE, squandering lots of cash on high wages for poor players, that coming after the Davies period when little or no backing was offered, cash backing then would've likely have seen us go up (according to popular belief).

Sat with Blackpool fans - god that was miserable. Feel a little sorry for Berg - yet again we miss chances while on top and the opposition take their few chances. Goals change matches - and we just take a high enough percentage of chances.

Bergs biggest problem is how he can turn this around. Confidence is obviously draining from the players - and Bergs substitutions (or lack of them today) seems to infer he is struggling.

I wonder if it's coincidence we get a rookie keeper thrown in then a reluctance to use subs. Is it the famous December budget cut backs time again !

. Feel a little sorry for Berg - yet again we miss chances while on top and the opposition take their few chances. Goals change matches - and we just take a high enough percentage of chances.

This sounds just the opposite of what was apparently happening at the beginning of the season.

Then we scored and they missed.

I remember watching Ipswich vs Reading years ago when Reading were vying for promotion (and achieved it in the end).....the commentator mentioned the fact that every time the ball was in their box, they would just get rid, no questions asked....and that was a key reason why they were good defensively......we pretty much do the opposite of them.

Remember at this point that many of our supporters actually coined the term 'hoofball' under Big Sam and are under some illusion that we are too good to play football that way. To many on that Blackburn End have 'Champagne tastes on beer money'.

Indeed he was bad at PNE, although he had the attributes to make a good tough midfielder, but his susceptibility to giving away free kicks made him a burden.

Regards Del, I think you have a good man there if he had control. He's a football man, he knows his stuff. Yes he backed the wrong managers while at PNE, squandering lots of cash on high wages for poor players, that coming after the Davies period when little or no backing was offered, cash backing then would've likely have seen us go up (according to popular belief).

Someone who knows about running a club should be in charge that's for sure. Word is Shaw wanted experienced manager so that would add weight to your comments. Etuhu looked ok for first few games because he put some effort in but that's gone and without decent players around him as he had at Fulham he's shown up for what he is, a big clumsy very poor football player. People like him have to play with consistant effort because they have nowt else to offer .

Archived