BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

Squad is average - debatable how good Ethuhu has ever been, Murphy looks past it - then you have others like Pedersen who have been poor for years now.

Should be doing better but some kid themselves over the quality we have because of the high wage bill

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you think he will be the solution.

The lack of subs today, when even the most rudimentary tactician could see the issues with our play, was utterly criminal. I mean it was clear Dunn should make an appearence from the 30th minute. We needed someone who can pass the ball.

I agree.....once again, surprise surprise, Lowe and Etuhu didn't work.

It's not like we're up against Silva and Yaya Toure or Lampard and Ramires......one defensive midfielder is enough.....unless one can drive forward with the ball or pick a pass.

Rochina is wasteful but actually wants the ball and looks to make things happen in the centre of the pitch.

Either him or Nuno Gomes need to play if Formica or Vukcevic aren't playing in the centre.

Givet should have done much better for the goals but he's still comfortably our best defender, one bad game isn't gonna change that.

Depressing stuff.

Half wish Berg would go. Obviously not up to it.

But the scary thing is: 'Who would Shebby want to replace him'?

We're in big, big trouble, and from Paul's post it sounds like the fans have turned.

Berg's starting to make dodgy selections. But.. Main problem, as it has been all season, is the players arent good enough. particularly our defence and midfield (from a pressing and defensive point of view).

I don't think its true to be honest. Front to back the players are better than most in the Championship. I am sure Blackpool would love to take Rhodes, King, Kazim, Olsson, Givet, Vukcevic off our hands if we didn't want them and they could afford their wages.

Our key problems are three fold:-

1) We have no acceptable central midfielder

2) We have no leaders in our team, in management, in ownership

3) We have no idea about how to tactically set up the team (today I think the idea was to use the pace out wide to generate crosses. We utterly failed to do that. There was no plan B.)

I don't think its true to be honest. Front to back the players are better than most in the Championship. I am sure Blackpool would love to take Rhodes, King, Kazim, Olsson, Givet, Vukcevic off our hands if we didn't want them and they could afford their wages.

Our key problems are three fold:-

1) We have no acceptable central midfielder

2) We have no leaders in our team, in management, in ownership

3) We have no idea about how to tactically set up the team (today I think the idea was to use the pace out wide to generate crosses. We utterly failed to do that. There was no plan B.)

So youve quoted my post. do you believe our defence and midfield are good enough defensively.. ? If so on what basis ?

No matter the system, the vast majority of our players would still look poor, because they are poor players.

Half wish Berg would go. Obviously not up to it.

But the scary thing is: 'Who would Shebby want to replace him'?

We're in big, big trouble, and from Paul's post it sounds like the fans have turned.

Very good question, I suspect they wouldn't have a clue what to do. I guess they'd get Black in again and then fart-arse about and employ Robbie Slater or Lee Makel.

Don't think there's any point in Berg going, another no-hoper would come in. What's the point? I can only see things getting worse from hereon in. And no, I take no pleasure in saying that, but I think the only time I'll cheer up about Rovers is when Venky's go.

So Kean actually did OK this season, then. On a serious note, at least we were getting results even when performing poorly.

We got some lucky results when playing poorly. I think in early season, opposition teams feared us. They played our name, but now they dont fear us cos they see we are overated and there for the taking.

So youve quoted my post. do you believe our defence and midfield are good enough defensively.. ? If so on what basis ?

No matter the system, the vast majority of our players would still look poor, because they are poor players.

i would say that Dann, Givet, Henley, Olsson, Vukcevic, King, Kazim, Murphy, are all good players at this level, who you would expect to see in a team going for promotion.

Yes we have a problem in central midfield - I acknowledged that - but I would say all the other positions are actually pretty good.

• Backroom

I hope Mark doesn't mind me speaking on his behalf but according to his twitter he said the chants were we want venkys out and not we want Henning out

Also chants of your not fit to wear the shirt

Had a corporate freebie for this but could not be ar$ed going.....even turned down a free steak!

I do so hope we win, but the arm chair is far more enticing than a wet Blackpool in December full of drunks and Xmas shoppers.

I fel asleep in the armchair at half time and just awoke to find out the score.

Thank Kean I did not go and watch this shower of Kean.

Yep, I was thinking the same.

Bound to be a bit rusty but expect a hell of a lot more from him.

I've been right behind Berg and convinced he will turn things around but this game is a turning point for me. We are absolute dog kean and finishing outside the bottom three will be an achievement this season.

We have a raft of players that think they're Prem standard but they're nothing of the sort. They're average – even at Championship level.

Etuhu needs to go. very poor today.

the players arent interesting in playing very well as long as they get paid then they aint bother.

CKR tried his best today and about the only one that did.

Kean did well today. not at fault for either goal.

Etuhu and Lowe wasnt right partnership in centre midfield. but without Murphy today we couldnt pass the ball out wide.

Vukcevic did well first half. secong half never got the ball.

Rhodes should have scored today and if he had maybe would have been a different game.

Would they? Well today - and every other day these so called best players in the league are losing out their personal battles with our opponents. Every week, the opponents players are better than ours. This isn't down to tactics. If they can't get the better of their immediate opponent, then tactics aren't going to make any difference. Individually this squad is second best week in, week out.

i would say that Dann, Givet, Henley, Olsson, Vukcevic, King, Kazim, Murphy, are all good players at this level, who you would expect to see in a team going for promotion.

Fair enough if you believe that. But I disagree.

Givet is a better player than this level.

I remain to be convinced about the others you mention. Olsson cant defend to save his life.. neither can Dann. Murphy is passed it, King hasnt shown anything. Henley and Vuckevic may turn out to be stars for us, but it isnt a given.

Would they? Well today - and every other day these so called best players in the league are losing out their personal battles with our opponents. Every week, the opponents players are better than ours. This isn't down to tactics. If they can't get the better of their immediate opponent, then tactics aren't going to make any difference. Individually this squad is second best week in, week out.

Correct Den.

I hope Mark doesn't mind me speaking on his behalf but according to his twitter he said the chants were we want venkys out and not we want Henning out

Venkys out chants were clear. Didnt hear any Berg out chants from the feed I watched.

Dreadful second half performance. In the first 45 we were actually quite good and unlucky to be behind, but we were clueless after the break.

Etuhu was dreadful, Dann and Givet could have done better for both goals and we look largely toothless up front. Our midfield is simply not good enough and it means that we can't control games.

Vukcevic did well for a player who has barely played this year and Kazim-Richards did some good things, but overall it was forgettable. Things could have been different if Rhodes had put us ahead or if we had gone level before the break, but things look desperately bad right now.

Henning Berg has to improve. His record is now terrible and doesn't look like improving anytime soon. You can say what you want about this squad, but there is no way that it is the 15th worst in this league.

He needs to stick with a side for a run of games.

IMO, all supporters should boycott the Brighton match.

IMO, there are no longer any other options open to the supporters other than to continue to watch, and in a way endorse, this ongoing destruction of our once great club.

This club is in a tailspin that it cannot break out of. Sorry but look forward to further relegation and the added frisson of bankruptcy thrown in.

Not too long ago we were a well run business, usually finishing mid table with a decent, unexpected cup run now and then. Giving a game to the Uniteds, Liverpools and Arsenals in the richest league in the world.

Now, thanks to a combination of inept business practice, head in the sand attitude to the league and the supporters, and staggering hubris from the board, Blackburn Rovers football club is in serious, serious trouble.

If you gave Shebby an enema you could bury him in a matchbox.

Archived