BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs Rovers

cn174

Not recently. Berg has admitted he thought Hanley and Dann were playing too well to be dropped.

Would have to go back and check but iirc he has been on the subs bench a number of times this season. So not injured and fit enough to play.

Ahh okay, my bad.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formica - where is he?

From LT:Mauro Formica will also be assessed after undergoing a knee scan earlier this week as Rovers look for only their second win under Berg.

“Gato has played all our games and he has not been used to playing so many games,” revealed Berg.

“Those games have taken their toll on him and he’s got a knock, so we’ll see on Friday or Saturday how he is.

Formica - where is he?

He had a scan on a knee injury this week according to the LT.

Like you, dropping Robinson is not a move I would have made, he seems to be completely out of favour with Berg, I'd have preferred to see us try to coax him back to form rather than drop him or upset him by announcing we want a 41 year old in to replace him.

Givet and Vuckevic are two changes the fans have been calling for so we can't really complain if those particular changes don't work.

On the other hand I'm very disappointed to see Lowe starting and no starting place for Rochina.

Having said all that, Blackpool are no great shakes themselves this season, it's a match we should be winning if we were playing anything like ourselves

He had a scan on a knee injury this week according to the LT.

Like you, dropping Robinson is not a move I would have made, he seems to be completely out of favour with Berg, I'd have preferred to see us try to coax him back to form rather than drop him or upset him by announcing we want a 41 year old in to replace him.

Givet and Vuckevic are two changes the fans have been calling for so we can't really complain if those particular changes don't work.

On the other hand I'm very disappointed to see Lowe starting and no starting place for Rochina.

Having said all that, Blackpool are no great shakes themselves this season, it's a match we should be winning if we were playing anything like ourselves

I have my doubts that the manager was pushing for Friedel, especially when you consider who the global advisor is a football fan of and the backroom savings of bringing Friedel in as a player/coach.

Not sure who else could have started in place of Lowe, the central midfield options are so lacking at Rovers especially with injuries on top of that. I would rather play Lowe over Dunny and Pedersen, neither can play a central midfield role.

This is the exact time I have wanted for a few weeks now. Givet had to come back in and for Hanley probably, hopefully he can get Dann switched on for 90mins

I've said for a few weeks to mates that I would be tempted to play Kean instead of Robbo, he's barely looked like he is bothered the entire season.

Hopefully a good result to come

Not sure who else could have started in place of Lowe, the central midfield options are so lacking at Rovers especially with injuries on top of that. I would rather play Lowe over Dunny and Pedersen, neither can play a central midfield role.

Is Murphy injured?

As for the poster above who suggested Shebby was picking the team, what a load of nonsense. The world and his wife are campaigning for the introduction of Givet and Vukcevic, and Formica has a knee injury.

How does that equate to him picking the side?

Is Murphy injured?

As for the poster above who suggested Shebby was picking the team, what a load of nonsense. The world and his wife are campaigning for the introduction of Givet and Vukcevic, and Formica has a knee injury.

I gather that Murphy dropped his wallet on his toe.

Good changes made by Kean, I hope it comes off.

Is Murphy injured?

The timing of it, of course, Very few managers throw out 2/3 of their defensive backbone from one game to the next, especially not those who like Berg don't like to switch their preferred team around too much. You don't think it's odd that these changes happened right after Shebby called a "crisis meeting"? Also, while I of course have no proof of this, I'm fairly certain Vukcevic would have played even if Formica was fit.

The timing of it, of course, Very few managers throw out 2/3 of their defensive backbone from one game to the next, especially not those who like Berg don't like to switch their preferred team around too much. You don't think it's odd that these changes happened right after Shebby called a "crisis meeting"? Also, while I of course have no proof of this, I'm fairly certain Vukcevic would have played even if Formica was fit.

They do change their defence when it has been shocking recently and compounded by conceding 4 at home

I'm sure I've seen this happen before at other clubs ... the manager comes in, makes a few mistakes, starts off badly, losing games. He then changes it up and the team plays well, but the bad results continue because there's a sort of pallor about the place, a bad mojo, coupled with low morale.

If it was promotion or bust for Venky's this year, they are well and truly bust.

We've not been too bad to be fair and unlucky to be losing.

Rhodes and Simon both should have scored, but their 'keeper did well.

I like Jake in goal, but dropping Robbo is a big mistakes in my opinion.

Archived