SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton vs. ROVERS Match Thread

Amo

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they have reported him

"I've reported it and have no desire, or need, to have 'a long hard look' at myself. I actually could not believe what I was witnessing from him tonight. It wasn't even as if he lost his rag and did it once, it was repeated at least five times.

I can't personally see how anyone thinks gestures like that are acceptable but now it's up to the authorities to look into it and see what they think."

"I found it incredibly offensive. I shall be reporting him tomorrow as well. I don't expect a visiting footballer to express homophobic gestures to the crowd. Prick."

To be fair it is out of order. If I were this guy I'd stay in and watch Glee.

Only listened on the radio - but most blocks, tackles and winning back the ball in the midfield seemed to be Lowe. IMO - he may not be the best midfield player in the world - but he does an effective job for us (can't say too much about last night as didn't actually see it, as I presume you did).

Well if you listened to the radio, you would have heard Garner saying that Lowe didn't know what he was doing out there. He suggested that Murphy should be talking to him and telling him what to do. Not that we need telling that because Jason Lowe, IMO, brings nothing to the team.

Views from Brighton supporters last night. Was Rovers should have had a penalty.

Although Jake Kean pulled off some good saves. He needs to learn to catch the ball.

Sadly Rovers were played off the park - especially the first half. Thankfully, Brighton don't really have a decent forward - .

But it was a battling performance. Should be happy with the point.

We were outplayed last night and have in several other games so far during Appleton's reign. A combination of a 'bend but don't break' defense and Rhodes' quality has seen us pick up the points, but is this sustainable? I'm not so sure, but as long as Rovers continue to pick up points then you can't really complain.

A wobble from a few teams has opened the door in terms of the playoffs, it's possible we can make that push and get in but it wouldn't surprise me if we come up short.

It was refreshing to see Rovers look so solid in my opinion. Brighton had far more of the ball but were mainly reduced to 25 yard shots and crosses that we're easily defended, especially in the second half. If it hasn't been for the penalty I couldn't really see them scoring, despite the possession.

I think it was a fair result in the end. You can't win many games with the amount of possession we had and too often we ran out of ideas when going forwards.

I'd much rather be solid and unspectacular than trying to revert to Keans plan of trying to outplay the opposition each week.

I think it's good that we are playing to our strengths.

Thought Dann and Orr were decent as well.

Not the prettiest or best performance but would of taken a point before the game. Actually weirdly pleasing too see the team with 5 yellow cards, albeit the ref was a clown but the team definitely playing with a lot more fight. Play off push COYB.

According to BBC we committed 8 fouls for those 5 yellows! That does seem extraordinary.

13 fouls from Brighton for no yellows by the way.

What was strange about the team selection?

Considering Brightons excellent pass and move game I would have suggested that we needed more than one solitary player who can tackle and protect the defence in midfield. The possession stats back this up. Olsson, Murphy, CKR, Rhodes and DJC don't have a tackle between them. I think Lowe not being 'eye candy' on the ball to so many on here seriously undervalues his worth to the team. He and the defence must have put in quite a shift. What Poyet would give for Rhodes is anybodys guess.

Serves em right for not putting a man on both posts. Good header from a nothing corner all the same.

I'd have given the pen too.

It was refreshing to see Rovers look so solid in my opinion. Brighton had far more of the ball but were mainly reduced to 25 yard shots and crosses that we're easily defended, especially in the second half. If it hasn't been for the penalty I couldn't really see them scoring, despite the possession.

I think it was a fair result in the end. You can't win many games with the amount of possession we had and too often we ran out of ideas when going forwards.

I'd much rather be solid and unspectacular than trying to revert to Keans plan of trying to outplay the opposition each week.

I think it's good that we are playing to our strengths.

Thought Dann and Orr were decent as well.

Orr, Dann and Hanley were very good and solid.

good defensive display. we would have lost this game under Kean or Berg.

Appleton has sorted out the defence and got them enjoy defending.

Now Appleton has got to work on the attacking side now. this is something Appleton has said on Rovers player last week

According to BBC we committed 8 fouls for those 5 yellows! That does seem extraordinary.

the ref was shocking and lost control of the game.

Another shocking ref performance from Championship refs.

Considering Brightons excellent pass and move game I would have suggested that we needed more than one solitary player who can tackle and protect the defence in midfield. The possession stats back this up. Olsson, Murphy, CKR, Rhodes and DJC don't have a tackle between them. I think Lowe not being 'eye candy' on the ball to so many on here seriously undervalues his worth to the team. He and the defence must have put in quite a shift. What Poyet would give for Rhodes is anybodys guess.

Serves em right for not putting a man on both posts. Good header from a nothing corner all the same.

I'd have given the pen too.

I thought at the time it was a penalty. But as that was given, Rovers should have been also.

Would've taken a point at the start of play but it still feels like a sucker punch (AGAIN). Had the referee been doing job, Rhodes most likely would've put us out of sight. We didn't sound like conceding within open play and even had they clawed one back I'd have felt confident of us holding on. Haven't said that for awhile!

Would've taken a point at the start of play but it still feels like a sucker punch (AGAIN). Had the referee been doing job, Rhodes most likely would've put us out of sight. We didn't sound like conceding within open play and even had they clawed one back I'd have felt confident of us holding on. Haven't said that for awhile!

Didn't look like conceding in open play. Hate to say it, but brighton were all over Rovers n the first 30 minutes. It was a case of how the ball didn't go in the net. Keans made some very good saves. but his handling at times was bad.

I think they picked up at least 2 yellows. I think at least one Rovers yellow was for time wasting, not fouling.

I thought at the time it was a penalty. But as that was given, Rovers should have been also.

Did you really think that Markus Olssen delibertaely handled the ball? Why on earth would he vae done that? It was a rank bad decision made by the assistant. The ball bounced up and no way on earth was it intentional.

If anybody had been stuck in a time warp and witnesed the last few games they would think Allardyce was still in charge. I think Appleton is the nearest thing to Sam that I have seen for a while. We are resolute, hard working and fast becoming street-wise. Add to that ome luck that we are due and I think we should all sleep a lot easier in the knowlwdge that we are (at last) moving in the right direction.

Well if you listened to the radio, you would have heard Garner saying that Lowe didn't know what he was doing out there. He suggested that Murphy should be talking to him and telling him what to do. Not that we need telling that because Jason Lowe, IMO, brings nothing to the team.

Yes - but this is what I found strange - Garner commenting that Lowe needed some help - then virtually in the next breath the commentator saying brilliant block by Lowe, good tackle by Lowe. He does the closing down role that Savage used to do for us - except he didn't cost £3m and came through the ranks so obviously can't be any good.

Arbitro, whether he deliberately handled the ball is irrelevant. If, by the fact that the ball struck his hand and he gained an advantage, then he handled it in the laws of the game.

100% not correct. The law specifically mentions the hand-ball being deliberate for it to be an offence. There is no mention in law of gaining an advantage. So then the linesman should ask himself why a player would delberately handle the ball in his own penalty area under no pressure. As I said Olssen took a bad touch and the ball bounced up and hit his hand. Not a deliberate act and thereore not a penalty.

Arbitro, whether he deliberately handled the ball is irrelevant. If, by the fact that the ball struck his hand and he gained an advantage, then he handled it in the laws of the game.

I don't think this is correct, it is not the gaining an advantage that makes it a handball, it is whether it can be construed as being deliberate. If someone smashes the ball at you from a yard away when you are on the goal line and it hits your arm and prevents a certain goal it is NOT a penalty. Incidentally, Arbitro has a fair grasp of the laws of the game, he booked me often enough :)

I don't think this is correct, it is not the gaining an advantage that makes it a handball, it is whether it can be construed as being deliberate. If someone smashes the ball at you from a yard away when you are on the goal line and it hits your arm and prevents a certain goal it is NOT a penalty. Incidentally, Arbitro has a fair grasp of the laws of the game, he booked me often enough :)

Firm but fair Andy :D

ROFLMAO Can't head scores.

Anyway Ref's are poor the whole league over and their getting worse. I've seen a goal given this season after both the ref and lino have said their not sure if it crossed the line and apparently slapping a players face is only a yellow as he didn't want to ruin the game. They're a joke and you'll never get consistency from them. Olsson pen is bit harsh but he has his arm raised in the area and these days that's a fairly nailed on pen even if it is harsh.

Anyway point was good, defending compact as we have been is better, now need to better with the ball and to start games strong as the last two have been poor 1st halfs and we need performances for 90 not 45.

Hopefully we can put in a decent performance against Arsenal and not get battered. Really hope we can do well and keep it respectable and not have the good work to date confidence and faith wise dented.

Didn't look like conceding in open play. Hate to say it, but brighton were all over Rovers n the first 30 minutes. It was a case of how the ball didn't go in the net. Keans made some very good saves. but his handling at times was bad.

But that's what he's paid to do!

Good point that, Brighton are a good side at home and few teams leave with any points.

Appleton deserves allot of credit for the upturn in form after the shambles created under Kean. He's seen right away that you need to sort the defence out first and then work on other aspects of the team, tried and tested formula that, adopted by both Hughes and Allardyce when taking over at the helm.

Keep up the good work, all bodes well for next seasons promotion push

Archived