BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton vs. ROVERS Match Thread

Amo

Good point all in all. Sounds like we where under the cosh for a lot of the game. Shame on the decisions, but it sounded like the crowd were making the decisions.

We'll save our dodgy penalty for Palace in the play off final.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like we've grown a collective set of balls as a team first for the first time since the Allardyce era.

We can't always play well, especially whilst we still have obvious issues on the playing side which Appleton is trying to address as we speak, so being able to grind out these results is important.

As many have stated, in the past that would have definitely been a defeat tonight. I would have taken 1-1 before the game for sure.

Under the circumstances a great turn-out.. Although home attendances have been poor all season for certain reasons (VENKYS) our away following has been consistently good in my opinion, not many times have you thought "we should be taking more there"

Kazim Richards being accused of making homophobic gestures to the Brighton crowd on one of their fans forum. They are talking about if they should report him or not? 'HOW GAY?'

"Loads of Albion followers on twitter saying he was seen doing homophobic gestures towards the west stand. Didn't see it myself, can anyone confirm?"

"Yep, without a doubt and on 3 occasions. Should be reported for it?"

"If a member of the public reports him for it he will be. I didn't see it myself, but heard someone saying it on the way home"

"i was sitting in the west stand lower and yeh he did make homophobic gestures to us"

Yes they have reported him

"I've reported it and have no desire, or need, to have 'a long hard look' at myself. I actually could not believe what I was witnessing from him tonight. It wasn't even as if he lost his rag and did it once, it was repeated at least five times.

I can't personally see how anyone thinks gestures like that are acceptable but now it's up to the authorities to look into it and see what they think."

"I found it incredibly offensive. I shall be reporting him tomorrow as well. I don't expect a visiting footballer to express homophobic gestures to the crowd. Prick."

Murphy was a class above for us tonight. Kaz's hold up play was good.

Quite honestly, Brighton were a class above but just don't have any cutting edge.

Good point. Need to stay in touch over the next couple of games before the more winnable matches.

I am fascinated by the polar opposite views on Murphy tonight and all season. What are some people seeing that others are not.

Just got back... we were absolutely played off the park. Sloppy passing... no movement off the ball.No... well we didnt look great or a side which deserved to be in the Prem. Solid defensively however and the time wasting from us from the off frustrated the hell ot of them.

Not really suprising is it? Brighton play possession football and pass and move triangles all over the park. They had more possession at ewood and looked the better team but lacked a cutting edge then. Just suprised that MA sent out such a fragile midfield. Given his strange team selection I'd say a point was a bonus..... in fact a massive one!

Not the prettiest or best performance but would of taken a point before the game. Actually weirdly pleasing too see the team with 5 yellow cards, albeit the ref was a clown but the team definitely playing with a lot more fight. Play off push COYB.

24000 predominatly home fans and a team playing pretty passing football would pretty much guarantee a number of bookings for the opposition I'd reckon.

What is a homophobic gesture?

I'm a little teapot short and stout.... here's my handle and here's my spout Is about the only one I know.

A w@nking gesture while pointing to his bum hole apparently

I realise that Brighton is widely regarded as the queer capital of England but surely the derrieres of the likes of Kylie, Beyonce and Jess Ennis disprove that particular action has anything to do with homophobia? ^_^

well done rovers last night a well earned point and a penalty that wasnt given for us but they are given a pen with the linesman, from what i heard on the radio there crowd were on the refs back from the kick off it was only a matter of time be for they got something every time tackles were goin in there fans were putting pressure on the ref anyway a tuff place to go and come away with something another point and unbeaten in 4, midfield needs addressing

I realise that Brighton is widely regarded as the queer capital of England but surely the derrieres of the likes of Kylie, Beyonce and Jess Ennis disprove that particular action has anything to do with homophobia? ^_^

Thought Blackpool was the queer capital of England? (seriously)

As for Kaz, i can see the witness statements. Well m'lud, we were chanting "kazim you are a goat shagging turkish @#/? " "Kazim whilst we respect your heritage and feel that you are a wonderful human being we would much prefer it if you did not score a goal tonight but will respect you if you do" and then that jumped up foreign @#/? Mr Richards shocked us all by making a hand gesture, my teenage (19 with "@#/? off" tattooed on his face) son fainted from the shock and it was all a bit of a palava...

:wacko: Seriously what the @#/? is wrong with football fans these days. Call the player a @#/? and expect to be called one back - just like in the pub.

Not really suprising is it? Brighton play possession football and pass and move triangles all over the park. They had more possession at ewood and looked the better team but lacked a cutting edge then. Just suprised that MA sent out such a fragile midfield. Given his strange team selection I'd say a point was a bonus..... in fact a massive one!

I'm a little teapot short and stout.... here's my handle and here's my spout Is about the only one I know.

What was strange about the team selection?

Oh my god i think i made homophobic gestures in nursery school, hope nobody sues me :lol:

Sounds like we've grown a collective set of balls as a team first for the first time since the Allardyce era.

We can't always play well, especially whilst we still have obvious issues on the playing side which Appleton is trying to address as we speak, so being able to grind out these results is important.

As many have stated, in the past that would have definitely been a defeat tonight. I would have taken 1-1 before the game for sure.

Good post, my thoughts exactly.

Murphy was the only creative player today, Lowe seems lost Im afraid. Sorry to say but Lowe is a top championship player at right back but in midfeld he is quite average......

We need a central midfelder asap who could play with Murphy.

Agree with this. I always thought his best position was right back too. Brings very little to the midfield IMO. I'm OK with Williamson as back up, but that is the area we have been lacking in for seasons and it has never been addressed. Where is the energy coming from? Be a lot different if we had a genuine outlet on the right tho. And things will look a hell of a lot healthier when King, Best and Henley come back into contention. Will take pressure off our terribly soft middle.

Just out of interest, what made that team selection a strange one? With what we have available, that was our strongest 11. We all know we have a fragile midfield, pray tell, who else could we have put in there on current form?

Murphy was the only creative player today, Lowe seems lost Im afraid. Sorry to say but Lowe is a top championship player at right back but in midfeld he is quite average......

We need a central midfelder asap who could play with Murphy.

Only listened on the radio - but most blocks, tackles and winning back the ball in the midfield seemed to be Lowe. IMO - he may not be the best midfield player in the world - but he does an effective job for us (can't say too much about last night as didn't actually see it, as I presume you did).

This was a good point considering the fact that we were played off the park for 90 minutes. I think this performance showed why talk of a play-off place is premature. Brighton were far more inventive and but for Kean would have been in front by half-time. Appleton is slowly restoring the basics in terms of setting us up defensively and then trying to hit teams on the break. Sadly, apart from Kazim-Richards our attack all but disappeared last night as both Rhodes and Campbell were unable to make any impression in and around the penalty area. Once again Kazim-Richards showed that pace combined with physical power can be effective at this level.

I would have happily taken a point before the game and even more so after having witnessed the game. I have no doubts that Appleton, with sufficient financial support, will get the club in a better position than we have been for some time. However, sadly, we have lost too much ground in the promotion race for this season and are now entirely reliant on Middlesbrough blowing up and allowing ourselves or Brighton to nip in and take the sixth spot. With Middlesbrough picking up three points last night the task simply becames harder and the Rovers really need to start winning these sort of games. We are now looking at a Howard Kendall type run of results if we are to clinch sixth place.

Archived