SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton vs. ROVERS Match Thread

Amo

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Considering the club was in freefall only a month or so ago, plummeting down the league, finishing top half will be a decent achievement for Appleton. He'll then have the summer to hopefully balance the squad as best is possible under the Punatics and make a push next season for promotion. I still don't think we'll make it this season.

I like Appleton and he has clearly got us playing as a team, but I fear the lack of substitutions will cost us in the near future, especially considering the busy period we're in

After his Goodwillie substitution went so well, I'd be amazed if he subbed anyone in last 10 mins unless forced to

Why? It's a reasonable midfield. Murphy has been ok recently, Lowe is an U21 international, Markus has pace to trouble defenders at this level and Richards has played right wing at international level and for Gala/Fenerbahce.

Wouldn't say Brighton's is particularly stronger than ours on paper.[/quot

Why? It's a reasonable midfield. Murphy has been ok recently, Lowe is an U21 international, Markus has pace to trouble defenders at this level and Richards has played right wing at international level and for Gala/Fenerbahce.

Wouldn't say Brighton's is particularly stronger than ours on paper.

It's the weak link in the side and has been for a long time. We could pick up players from a lower level who'd do " ok ". For the sort of money Murphy's on he should be able to dominate games, from what I understand that has never happened all season. Lowe's just a spear carrier as is Markus, he's got pace but that's it. There's very little end product or whisper it , goals, from any of them. Richards has got ability but only plays when he feels like it.

To sum up, there's no shape or balance to our midfield. You don't have to look any further for reasons why we'll still be playing Burnley next season.

On the way back now.

First half was an embarrassment. How we went in ahead is a mystery. Second half was improved. Brighton had some nice touches and played some decent stuff up until the box but then they had nothing. As the game went on it looked less and less likely that they would score.

I couldn't see the pen but the players looked incensed.

No subs??!

Murphy did very little. Kaz looked a constant threat but tired badly. He looks really unfit as well.

Overall, satisfied. We looked solid.

Sounds like a backs to the wall job. At least we can say the boys battled against 12 men and in the cold light of day it's a point away from home to a team above us in the table.

A few months ago this would never have been possible. Well done MA and the team.

a very good point against a good Brighton side. No goals conceded in open play for 5 games is very impressive considering how @#/? we've been defensively for over two years. Two wide men and a CM on loan and we can make a real push for the play-offs. If we beat Hull a top 2 finish is on :-)

a very good point against a good Brighton side. No goals conceded in open play for 5 games is very impressive considering how @#/? we've been defensively for over two years. Two wide men and a CM on loan and we can make a real push for the play-offs. If we beat Hull a top 2 finish is on :-)

Not the prettiest or best performance but would of taken a point before the game. Actually weirdly pleasing too see the team with 5 yellow cards, albeit the ref was a clown but the team definitely playing with a lot more fight. Play off push COYB.

Sounds like a backs to the wall job. At least we can say the boys battled against 12 men and in the cold light of day it's a point away from home to a team above us in the table.

A few months ago this would never have been possible. Well done MA and the team.

As somebody who didn't witness the game but listened, I share these sentiments.

Archived