BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

:lol:

T4E it is not a laughing matter at all I just hope the powers that be send Bentley back never to be seen again. Worst performance in a rovers shirt. I think critcising Best is a bit harsh as I don't think he is match fit. MGP had a shocker did hardly anything of note and I think someone has to swallow their pride and re-introduce Givet back in at central defence. For their penalty Dann is far too rash and we now have to look at keeping clean sheets we are conceding far too many goals. Givet will give us that experience.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if he is picking the team, why did he pick Murphy?

Obviously picked him for an away match in the hope that an inspired performance would allow him to be selected for an Ewood fixture. Bad decision by Bowyer or Singh cos Danny Murphy has never put in an inspired performance in his life and now he closely resembles an arthritic Albert Steptoe he never will.

Tom i know we are all depressed but I think you may be misreading the stats. Cardiff had 22 shots with 15 of them on target! Admittedly our shot ratio was pathetic!

I so hope Lowe, Williamson and Rhodes were rested for the run-in.

Saturday is a massive game now but i still against all the odds believe we will limp to the finish. Surely the players' pride will rouse them for the last 7 games?

Has it yet this season?

I watched the game via the Internet and listened to the five live commentary. We looked awful and due to the delay between the two mediums you were always aware it was going to get worse. i don't believe in the conspiracy theories that Shebby is picking the team. Peds in and no Rhodes or Portuguese players would not be his choice's I feel.

Guest Norbert

He can carry on playing for a contract though-beggers can't be choosers and all that.

I just hope there are no Hull KR fans here as well.

I have posted on here before about how I was there when we last got relegated in 1979 to the third tier. There were about a thousand of us on the Blackburn End after the game as far as I remember. I think the attendance that day was about four thousand. They couldn't shift us out of the ground, chanting for the caretaker manager, John Pickering, (ever hear of him again?), singing our hearts out.

I'm still there at Ewood now with my own kids, telling them to stay behind and clap the team off no matter what. And we're proud to be Rovers however they have played. And in twenty years time, they'll be telling their kids about the former owners called Venkys, who used to run the club so badly but we didn't care. How we always cheered the lads off at the end and how we once got relegated way back in the last century. And how they couldn't shift the old fella out of the Ewood because with the rest he wanted to stay loyal to the end. Loyal to the team and the generations of fans who have got behind them.

I will be there at Birmingham, come what may. And I won't be on my own either.

Now you Sir are one big optimist!

Bowyer quotes on PA

Gary Bowyer said: ``The club were relegated from the Premier League last season so we know what it feels like. We don't want it to happen again this time.

``My overriding emotion is one of disappointment. We withstood an enormous amount of pressure in the first half, but I thought the first goal was a foul on the goalkeeper.

``We are not getting those decisions at the moment.''

Whilst no excuse for a toothless display, could it not be a step back to the Sam tactics of pinpointing winnable games,

Wash your mouth out perthblue. It's been sooooo much better since Allardyce was booted out of the Ewood door don't you know.

Whilst no excuse for a toothless display, could it not be a step back to the Sam tactics of pinpointing winnable games, lets face it this would have fallen in the can't win category ? Resting key players ?

A risky approach but maybe its the best chance we have got

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Away to the run-away leaders in poor form or not is the hardest game of the season. Consider our up-coming fixtures, the lack of fitness, our poor form and the frequency some of our players have been playing? And well maybe it's one step back for two forward.

I bloody hope so. We can't afford any more of these spineless performances.

We'll find out on Saturday but at least we'll have Rhodes, King fresh with a few more days rest than the Wednesday squad.

Wednesday is a far better chance of 3 points, with our away form than Cardiff. We couldn't even beat them when we were a premier league team.

Shocking and utterly predictable given that team line up. Was going to post some thoughts on the fact that despite some restrictions today (illness in the camp, Rhodes being rested) we could have still put out a better team and shape. But why bother with micro issues when the macro picture at the club is so rotten?

All that remains is for the numpties (or mischief makers) to trot out that we shouldn’t have got rid of SK.

Looks to me Iike Bowyer played the %s with this team selection. Do a BFS for games you are unlikely to win in order to rest key players for those you have more of a chance in. Performance also proves that the dummy spitting waster, Murphy, isn't interested in BRFC.

I have posted on here before about how I was there when we last got relegated in 1979 to the third tier. There were about a thousand of us on the Blackburn End after the game as far as I remember. I think the attendance that day was about four thousand. They couldn't shift us out of the ground, chanting for the caretaker manager, John Pickering, (ever hear of him again?), singing our hearts out.

I'm still there at Ewood now with my own kids, telling them to stay behind and clap the team off no matter what. And we're proud to be Rovers however they have played. And in twenty years time, they'll be telling their kids about the former owners called Venkys, who used to run the club so badly but we didn't care. How we always cheered the lads off at the end and how we once got relegated way back in the last century. And how they couldn't shift the old fella out of the Ewood because with the rest he wanted to stay loyal to the end. Loyal to the team and the generations of fans who have got behind them.

Yes, I remember it well. However I no longer give blind support to BRFC. May I sincerely suggest you wake up and smell the coffee/chapati.

Let's not pretend that their nationality (and by extension, race) has nothing to do with this.

They're isolated from the real goings-on at Rovers, and they do not have a clue about how English football culture works. They are trying to run us like one of their chicken factories. Let's not have any unhelpful and snide accusations of racism, please.

Before this thread gets dragged too far off topic I must say I thought this was an excellent post. I remember the fans cheering for John Pickering as well.

Everyone's free to make their own decisions but I'm surprised at how many fans, more so the longstanding ones have turned their back on the Club and aren't determined to outlast these buggers through hell and high water. Down to 13k this season and no doubt less again next.

You can dress it up however you like about how you aren't prepared to give them another penny etc, but turning your back on the Club it undoubtedly is imo.

Archived