BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

Not sure who is meddling with team selection, if there is any outside interference, but purely on a footballing basis without taking into account any contractual issues, then the inclusion of Givet in the team must be a no brainier given the position we are in.

The priorities seem all wrong. It appears that it's ok to get relegated as long as we don't play certain players regardless of their experience. Givet may well want to leave etc etc. but you can never say that he doesn't give his all for the team when he plays.

The likes of Murphy and some others do not fall into that category.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart, on 01 Apr 2013 - 18:25, said:

Because they had written off this match (I hasten to use the term 'forfeited') in favour of more important fixtures?

Now I'm not the most optimistic of people where our chances are concerned but it's possible Bowyer has his eye on Sheff Weds and needed a rested Dunn and fired-up Rhodes.

I'm not sure even our 'best' XI would have got a point today.

The problem we have is that others around us keep getting results. It is still in our hands - just - and we need our manager to remain calm - even if all of us fans are sweating.

Absolute nonsense Stuart.

We have a bunch of players that just don’t give a kean, and Bowyer is way out of his depth which showed today. We didn’t throw todays game at all, the manager and players are simply not good enough, and we’ll now be relegated sadly.

Smell the chapati. Revealing your true agenda there PB, may I suggest.

You may not suggest no, you're way off the mark, mark!

Forfeiting games for more winnable ones? Bowyer not picking the team?

Don't kid yourself guys. The teams not good enough - the evidence being that we've not outplayed the opposition on more than half a dozen occasions over the past two years. Sacking Kean, Berg, Appleton, bringing in Bowyer again, dropping Rhodes - whatever, it's all cosmetic. Until the owners can accept publically, or at least privately how they've made huge mistakes and come forward with a feasible plan for the future, the club can't recover.

Absolute nonsense Stuart.

We have a bunch of players that just dont give a kean, and Bowyer is way out of his depth which showed today. We didnt throw todays game at all, the manager and players are simply not good enough, and well now be relegated sadly.

You may not suggest no, you're way off the mark, mark!

Just trying to make sense of it GAV. I honestly don't think we'd have got a point today with Rhodes in the side, do you? And Dunn can't play 90 minutes every week - no matter what a new contract is worth.

If I'm Bowyer (and I've won 3 and drawn 2 of my last 5 games - earning me a bit if respect) then think objectively, I may rest my better players.

It does seem reasonable.

Forfeiting games for more winnable ones? Bowyer not picking the team?

Don't kid yourself guys. The teams not good enough - the evidence being that we've not outplayed the opposition on more than half a dozen occasions over the past two years. Sacking Kean, Berg, Appleton, bringing in Bowyer again, dropping Rhodes - whatever, it's all cosmetic. Until the owners can accept publically, or at least privately how they've made huge mistakes and come forward with a feasible plan for the future, the club can't recover.

Absolutely & totally agree. Buck stops at the owners door. Trouble is, they ain't that bothered.

For most of the season, we've played with one striker in Rhodes who is not the type to lead the line. The lad's been crying out for support. So, today we go 442 and leave him out !!!

You couldn't make it up.

Just trying to make sense of it GAV. I honestly don't think we'd have got a point today with Rhodes in the side, do you? And Dunn can't play 90 minutes every week - no matter what a new contract is worth.

If I'm Bowyer (and I've won 3 and drawn 2 of my last 5 games - earning me a bit if respect) then think objectively, I may rest my better players.

It does seem reasonable.

I've read only this last page and, before doing so, it was in my mind for some time tonight that this match was "forfeited", in order to preserve a fitter and stronger squad for more winnable games.

I think that is what happened and I think it was a good move by GB.

It does seem reasonable.

Bowyer wants to win games, he's not going to drop players in the hope of winning next week or the week after, but it's a good theory.

Bowyer is completely and utterly out of his depth, he steadied the ship last time around by getting the players onside, this time around the players aren't interested, so he fails in my opinion.

We should never have sacked Appleton, he was our last hope of staying up, but now the writings on the wall.

B We should never have sacked Appleton, he was our last hope of staying up, but now the writings on the wall.

Pining for Appleton ? :wacko:

In hindsight, we should have persuaded Kean to stay.

Sorry mate, but you're the sort of mug Venkys are depending on.

I was on BBE that day as well but I remember cheering for Joe Craig for some reason.

Different then, may have been sh1t but still our club.

We need to get the bugger back some how.

Surely the inclusion of 'pensioner' pedersen puts this rumour to bed?

Why? As its claimed that Dunny spoke to Shebby that he, was THE, senior player, and not Peds, from which he seems to have been isolated from the starting eleven until the injuries took its toll allegedly.

1979...we went down with dignity. Hird and Bailey. Cannot remember anyone else!

We went on the Ground and went away with hope.

But RB I am still renewing cos its OUR Club.

They must not defeat us.

Well said sir. Me too.

Surely the inclusion of 'pensioner' pedersen puts this rumour to bed?

And the fact that Shebby's star signing 8m Jordan Rhodes was benched.

Still as always, let's not let the facts get in the way of another good conspiracy theory!

Pining for Appleton ? :wacko:

In hindsight, we should have persuaded Kean to stay.

Appleton rather than Bowyer any day

As someone would say.........bunkem

When you actually go to games I'll start to take you seriously.

Its totally unacceptable that Dunn and Rhodes where dropped. Shebby and the agents along with the slumdogs should take a good beating from the Blackburn public.

Team GB if only he had a chance!

Archived