BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though disappointing - today was always going to be a struggle with the players out rested or ill. As soon as I saw Murphy in centre midfield I feared the worst against an energetic Cardiff midfield. This game won't make or break our season - though Kean getting injured could be significant. Yet again the game was lost in midfield - but it sounded like Murphy and Bentley didn't turn up.

Irrespective of your feelings towards our owners - I would ask all fans with Rovers at heart to get behind the team - as relegation is unthinkable.

I'm thinking about it right now. Line up stunk of meddling by you know who.

I'm thinking about it right now. Line up stunk of meddling by you know who.

If that were true, why would he pick "The pensioner?"

Inexplicable starting line up from Bowyer. Will be interesting to hear the official reasons behind it. Can only think the intention was to shuffle the pack and try and keep people fresh. Seemed like it backfired horribly. On Friday I thought we looked solid and compact. No need for wholesale changes at all.

Three basic ground rules it seems we will have to follow if we want to have a chance of staying up.

1) Pedersen should never start another game for the Club.

2) Bentley should never start another game for the Club.

3) Murphy should never start another game for the Club.

Edit: Make that four,

4) If he has a pulse, Rhodes must start.

• Moderation Lead

Could someone tell me , who the agent of the Portugese players that we signed earlier in the season?

A work associate of that tantric-dancing w@nker that started this whole mess no doubt.

Very much doubt it was his choice Tom. He's not permanent manager and wants to keep his job in the ressies, so if Shebby says jump G-Bow says "how high?"

And I'm guessing either Shebby or one of the Venky's made the decision to play Murphy today.

Yep - to continue to think SPECCY's interference stops at team selection is naive. Come on BRAG - ditch the pally act with this prick.

I have posted on here before about how I was there when we last got relegated in 1979 to the third tier. There were about a thousand of us on the Blackburn End after the game as far as I remember. I think the attendance that day was about four thousand. They couldn't shift us out of the ground, chanting for the caretaker manager, John Pickering, (ever hear of him again?), singing our hearts out.

I'm still there at Ewood now with my own kids, telling them to stay behind and clap the team off no matter what. And we're proud to be Rovers however they have played. And in twenty years time, they'll be telling their kids about the former owners called Venkys, who used to run the club so badly but we didn't care. How we always cheered the lads off at the end and how we once got relegated way back in the last century. And how they couldn't shift the old fella out of the Ewood because with the rest he wanted to stay loyal to the end. Loyal to the team and the generations of fans who have got behind them.

I will be there at Birmingham, come what may. And I won't be on my own either.

Whilst no excuse for a toothless display, could it not be a step back to the Sam tactics of pinpointing winnable games, lets face it this would have fallen in the can't win category ? Resting key players ?

A risky approach but maybe its the best chance we have got

I just had time to have a quick look at the line up on this site before I had to go out. I seriously and honestly thought it was an April fool joke. How could anybody pick those four ( three of them lightweights ) in a game of this importance ?

Because they had written off this match (I hasten to use the term 'forfeited') in favour of more important fixtures?

Now I'm not the most optimistic of people where our chances are concerned but it's possible Bowyer has his eye on Sheff Weds and needed a rested Dunn and fired-up Rhodes.

I'm not sure even our 'best' XI would have got a point today.

The problem we have is that others around us keep getting results. It is still in our hands - just - and we need our manager to remain calm - even if all of us fans are sweating.

Guest Norbert

Well no rumours have got started, so Mercerman's bookie mate isn't cashing in on people following his tips yet.

I have posted on here before about how I was there when we last got relegated in 1979 to the third tier. There were about a thousand of us on the Blackburn End after the game as far as I remember. I think the attendance that day was about four thousand. They couldn't shift us out of the ground, chanting for the caretaker manager, John Pickering, (ever hear of him again?), singing our hearts out.

I'm still there at Ewood now with my own kids, telling them to stay behind and clap the team off no matter what. And we're proud to be Rovers however they have played. And in twenty years time, they'll be telling their kids about the former owners called Venkys, who used to run the club so badly but we didn't care. How we always cheered the lads off at the end and how we once got relegated way back in the last century. And how they couldn't shift the old fella out of the Ewood because with the rest he wanted to stay loyal to the end. Loyal to the team and the generations of fans who have got behind them.

I was there as well

If that were true, why would he pick "The pensioner?"

Inexplicable starting line up from Bowyer. Will be interesting to hear the official reasons behind it. Can only think the intention was to shuffle the pack and try and keep people fresh. Seemed like it backfired horribly. On Friday I thought we looked solid and compact. No need for wholesale changes at all.

Three basic ground rules it seems we will have to follow if we want to have a chance of staying up.

1) Pedersen should never start another game for the Club.

2) Bentley should never start another game for the Club.

3) Murphy should never start another game for the Club.

Edit: Make that four,

4) If he has a pulse, Rhodes must start.

Fair point, but I agree it was inexplicable. We seemed to do well with CKR Best AND Rhodes on against Blackpool. Why has he dropped Rhodes, rest him maybe? We have our backs to the wall now and we know how this lot do in that situation, I don't know if I can bear another drop. I am however bracing myself for it. What worries me is how well the other bottom teams seem to be doing, I expect Posh to get something at Boro.

Sorry mate, but you're the sort of mug Venkys are depending on.

I am sitting here crying.

This is so bad.

Don't be so daft you big baby. It's disappointing sure and the worst bit is that it's all just been suicidal and unecessary but sitting around crying is neither adult nor manly.

Whilst no excuse for a toothless display, could it not be a step back to the Sam tactics of pinpointing winnable games, lets face it this would have fallen in the can't win category ? Resting key players ?

A risky approach but maybe its the best chance we have got

Cardiff have been on a bit of a blip, this being their first home win in 4 so it may have been a winnable one. Or Bowyer just decided two games with two days rest was too much.

Archived