BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Bowyer is not helping the situation if the rumours about Shebby picking the team are true. He needs to pull Shebby aside and tell him that he is the manager right now, and Shebby should just eff off back to Malaysia.

Bowyer is not helping the situation if the rumours about Shebby picking the team are true. He needs to pull Shebby aside and tell him that he is the manager right now, and Shebby should just eff off back to Malaysia.

Bowyer has no choice ?

Ask your girlfriend numb nuts

Ha Ha. Brilliant. Wrong as ever Shrimpy. I was telling the poster that small was in reference lack of inches in stature and not what he was inferring. People seem to always take the smut angle ;)

Anyhow in discussing how wrong you are we are digressing a little.

-------------------------------

I'm not to sure on any Shebby interference. I get the feeling Bowyer was writing off this match and saving players for what he thinks are more winnable games. Which in itself is worrying that he does not yet realise that this team could not beat an egg

Ha Ha. Brilliant. Wrong as ever Shrimpy. I was telling the poster that small was in reference lack of inches in stature and not what he was inferring.

Thick as pig sh1t, but I'll let you have the last word to engage your fellow members of the site with your usual pearls of wisdom.

Agree. If they keep this up we'll have 2 fewer posters to mourn with. We can expect a lot more of this grief/ anger as the truth sinks in of where we are and where we are going.

Already there 47er. We are going down.

We were heading that way under Appleton. Some saw that decision for what it was at the time. An unmitigated disaster. Others let him blow smoke up their arse.

The club is bleeding out slowly.

Agree. If they keep this up we'll have 2 fewer posters to mourn with. We can expect a lot more of this grief/ anger as the truth sinks in of where we are and where we are going.

Agreed 47er, I never recall ever being as angry and I ain't calming down. Just trying to refocus.

Ain't it great!!! FFS, how's it come to this?

Gross mismanagement of the highest order, from making the wrong choice on every single major decision, while employing and supporting wholely unqualified people who only had their own bank accounts in mind, while breaking every single promise made to the fans and not listening to the people who had made the club the success that it was and indeed showing utter contempt to these vastly more experienced people and burying your head in the sand when it all starts to go wrong. That more or less sums up how it's got to this!

Just in from an arduous train journey back and to say I am hacked off with all things BRFC is an understatement. Singh has been lording it up with his Malaysian cronies and there was a request that him and the other two pricks be put on separate tables in the Cardiff boardroom.

As for the game deary me. What a gutless, spineless collection of individuals we have at our club. Once again the opening goal against us comes from a set piece cross which we don't deal with. Kean flapped at everything above head height and the marking was none existent. Murphy once again got caught in possession/gave the ball away too much, Jones was the proverbial headless chicken and Bentley and Pedersen would have been better off Sat with me for what good they did. Best looked disinterested and the only aggression he showed was towards Dunn after he told him a few home truths. Far too many players for us make the wrong decision time and time again. Probably the worst for this is Kazim-Richards who will try a Hollywood pass when an easier pass is on.

The way I feel right now I would take relegation, administration, points deduction or whatever it takes to disinfect the club and get rid of the Indians, Speccy Singh and Shagnew and the majority of disinterested, over rated, egotistical bunch of players I have ever come across.

Just in from an arduous train journey back and to say I am hacked off with all things BRFC is an understatement. Singh has been lording it up with his Malaysian cronies and there was a request that him and the other two pricks be put on separate tables in the Cardiff boardroom.

As for the game deary me. What a gutless, spineless collection of individuals we have at our club. Once again the opening goal against us comes from a set piece cross which we don't deal with. Kean flapped at everything above head height and the marking was none existent. Murphy once again got caught in possession/gave the ball away too much, Jones was the proverbial headless chicken and Bentley and Pedersen would have been better off Sat with me for what good they did. Best looked disinterested and the only aggression he showed was towards Dunn after he told him a few home truths. Far too many players for us make the wrong decision time and time again. Probably the worst for this is Kazim-Richards who will try a Hollywood pass when an easier pass is on.

The way I feel right now I would take relegation, administration, points deduction or whatever it takes to disinfect the club and get rid of the Indians, Speccy Singh and Shagnew and the majority of disinterested, over rated, egotistical bunch of players I have ever come across.

Absolutely heartbreaking but deep down we all know this is bang on the money. Anyone who is umming and aah ing and has their heads in the sand needs to spend 30 seconds to read the above excellent post and realise the mire we are in. Relegation beckons, the owners carry on making terrible decisions, the players continue to show nothing, fans with no idea what to do for the best by showing support that is never rewarded with any type of committed performance from our shameful millionaire players who let's face it are completely gutless and disgracefully represent the clubs status of league position. I don't even know what I'm on about now after waffling loads of dross but frankly I don't give a toss.

We should never have sacked Appleton, he was our last hope of staying up, but now the writings on the wall.

Appleton was awful and his record proves it. I am at a loss why you continually champion a loser like Appleton given the short shrift that you allowed Allardyce and the criticism which you directed at him. Should Appleton even dream that he could ever rival Allardyce as a football manager he'd better wake up and apologise. If I rem correctly you were very welcoming to the Slumdogs too.

Is it too much to ask the powers that be make a rational decision and draw up a short list of MON,Sparky,Schuster make a sensible choice and give them power to sign their own players. Without Shebby & others interfering?. Then again there is more chance of a pig flying past here's hoping they make a good decision but am not holding my breath.

I have posted on here before about how I was there when we last got relegated in 1979 to the third tier. There were about a thousand of us on the Blackburn End after the game as far as I remember. I think the attendance that day was about four thousand. They couldn't shift us out of the ground, chanting for the caretaker manager, John Pickering, (ever hear of him again?), singing our hearts out.

I'm still there at Ewood now with my own kids, telling them to stay behind and clap the team off no matter what. And we're proud to be Rovers however they have played. And in twenty years time, they'll be telling their kids about the former owners called Venkys, who used to run the club so badly but we didn't care. How we always cheered the lads off at the end and how we once got relegated way back in the last century. And how they couldn't shift the old fella out of the Ewood because with the rest he wanted to stay loyal to the end. Loyal to the team and the generations of fans who have got behind them.

I will be there at Birmingham, come what may. And I won't be on my own either.

Excellent (not a glory hunter)

I have posted on here before about how I was there when we last got relegated in 1979 to the third tier. There were about a thousand of us on the Blackburn End after the game as far as I remember. I think the attendance that day was about four thousand. They couldn't shift us out of the ground, chanting for the caretaker manager, John Pickering, (ever hear of him again?), singing our hearts out.

I'm still there at Ewood now with my own kids, telling them to stay behind and clap the team off no matter what. And we're proud to be Rovers however they have played. And in twenty years time, they'll be telling their kids about the former owners called Venkys, who used to run the club so badly but we didn't care. How we always cheered the lads off at the end and how we once got relegated way back in the last century. And how they couldn't shift the old fella out of the Ewood because with the rest he wanted to stay loyal to the end. Loyal to the team and the generations of fans who have got behind them.

I will be there at Birmingham, come what may. And I won't be on my own either.

I was there but I thought it was more vintage than 79

I've watched us being relegated to the Third Division twice before and I can't believe that it's about to happen again. Personally, I feel very sorry for Gary after this debacle for he should never have been put into this position. The blame rests in Pune with a spolit, arrogant family who seem to think that Blackburn Rovers is some sort of personal toy. They have never recognised the historical importance of the club to the town or the community and the fact that someone like Shebby has been put in charge merely underlines the contempt they have for the community of Blackburn.

Until the owners, Shebby, Shaw and Agnew are removed this club will continue to sink like a stone. Whoever the fall guy in the dugout is won't matter because, ultimately, he will be powerless to change things.

As for this latest debacle what can one say? There were 399 travelling fans who saw their team give a gutless, spineless performance. Dunny, when he eventually came on, tried to drive the team forward but, sadly, so many of the other players are not interested. But then again, why should they be interested because if we are relegated they know that they will be moved on to reduce the wage bill. The likes of Best, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes, Murphy, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson and the rest know that other clubs will pick them up in the summer when the Rovers are forced to reduce their wage bill.

What the owners and those who are supposedly running the club for them seem to have failed to realise is that the fans who are now walking away from the club are the 'hardcore' supporters. The prospect of gates of around 6,000 and 7,000 next season is a very real one and the last time we were in the Third Division we didn't have to fund the running to two training grounds at Brockhall or a seven day a week operation at a modern stadium at Ewood Park.

Cardiff are about to return to top flight football after over half-a-century. Sadly, I'm old enough to have seen their last season in the First Division in 1961-62. I wonder how long it will be before the Rovers are back in the top flight for on the evidence of this display we are now light years away from being a prospective top flight club.

Forfeiting games for more winnable ones? Bowyer not picking the team?

Don't kid yourself guys. The teams not good enough - the evidence being that we've not outplayed the opposition on more than half a dozen occasions over the past two years. Sacking Kean, Berg, Appleton, bringing in Bowyer again, dropping Rhodes - whatever, it's all cosmetic. Until the owners can accept publically, or at least privately how they've made huge mistakes and come forward with a feasible plan for the future, the club can't recover.

Never happen. Arrogant and smug that lot. No way in hell they would do any of that.

Archived