BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

I'll see what happens at rovers over the next couple of weeks before deciding, as you say(though im guessing you where being a little sarcastic :P ) Its good to spend money on things you enjoy, but buying a season tkt would mean spending pretty much all my spare(leisure)money on it and not leave much for other enjoyable things, So id like a bit more of an inkling from the club that there is going to be a bit more enjoyment this season before I put all my eggs in that basket.

Sarcastic? Over spending hard earned money on things you enjoy? Never

That comment to me is screaming "half season ticket"

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Season Ticket card arrived this morning inspite of the advice from Club that last Season's would be re-activated.

Try them both when you go to the first game...if your old one still works, cancel your new one...free season ticket :P

Got mine today and the lady serving said I could have a new one if I wanted but the old one will work just fine.

I assume that the Darwen End £225 ticket is for all home games and not as in previous seasons, not valid for the three fixtures that we will have to move stands for?

Without being rude I can't see that price can be used as an excuse for anyone not purchasing a season ticket whatever their circumstances. How much is a ticket in the cheaper areas?

Roughly £30 per month on direct debit or a pound a day over 8 months? If you're working, surely you can fiddle around with your budget to find that without too many problems. If you're not working then you shouldn't be contemplating the purchase of a season ticket, there are more important priorities to fund such as food and electricity.

Will you be able to go to every game? If yes then go for it. Unless you will also spend ££££'s on pre and post match booze.

Also look at whether you are using SKY TV to it's fullest. If you are an infrequent viewer of live football then why keep it on?

I'm always a believer in spending money on things you enjoy. You are only here once

no season ticket for me then

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Without being rude I can't see that price can be used as an excuse for anyone not purchasing a season ticket whatever their circumstances. How much is a ticket in the cheaper areas?

Roughly £30 per month on direct debit or a pound a day over 8 months? If you're working, surely you can fiddle around with your budget to find that without too many problems. If you're not working then you shouldn't be contemplating the purchase of a season ticket, there are more important priorities to fund such as food and electricity.

I work full time and have done my entire adult life so far thanks! But I only get paid minimum wage and i'm living alone(so have to pay all rent, household bills, car running costs, ect.. out of my pathetic wage)

As much of a rovers fan as I am, its not my only interest/pastime and buying a season ticket would mean having to sacrifice on other things I enjoy doing, normally id just go to a handful of games a season, but as I said I am seriously looking at ways I can safe money to be able to buy an st without it swallowing all of my spare cash)

TJ you said you wanted to see if the club was beginning to find it's find it's feet. A half season ticket allows you just that.

And ignore the 75% off promotion gimmick. It is just that a gimmick, with no real chance of redemption. The hollowest of all hollow offers.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself to buy a ticket.

Look into my eyes......not around my eyes.........now fill in the season ticket form :D

T J have you considered sharing an ST with someone in a similar position? I know several people who share Utd STs.

Start of each season they agree on the plum games - City, Liverpool etc. -and then go to alternate matches for the rest.

Good point here. There surely can't be anyone on benefits paying for their own OR anyone else's season tickets can there ( or match day tickets for that matter ). That would just plain wrong.

Football grounds are for the working man relaxation and well earned enjoyment, not for people on benefits. PRIORITIES

Does anyone seriously know anyone on benefits that would contemplate getting a season ticket.

Good point here. There surely can't be anyone on benefits paying for their own OR anyone else's season tickets can there ( or match day tickets for that matter ). That would just plain wrong.

Football grounds are for the working man relaxation and well earned enjoyment, not for people on benefits. PRIORITIES

Does anyone seriously know anyone on benefits that would contemplate getting a season ticket.

You for real?

That is 100% real. Having experienced single and family life on a low wage as well as being unemployed, I know what its like. A season ticket should not be on the agenda to be discussed. PRIORITIES

That is 100% real. Having experienced single and family life on a low wage as well as being unemployed, I know what its like. A season ticket should not be on the agenda to be discussed. PRIORITIES

I have a son on benefits. He is and will remain an ST holder. Rovers is a key part of his life. The ST is paid out of his income.

I should add he has disabilities. Are you suggesting the disabled should not be allowed to watch Rovers?

Are you for real?

T J have you considered sharing an ST with someone in a similar position? I know several people who share Utd STs. Start of each season they agree on the plum games - City, Liverpool etc. -and then go to alternate matches for the rest.

I wonder what the plum games are now?

Is there anything else disabled people shouldn't do, or is it just football?

Just a quick one. My ST arrived on Sat however my daughter's (which was ordered & paid for at the same time) hasn't arrived yet. Is it normal for them to be sent out separately? I've only ever ordered 1 before and it's been a few years since I last had one.

Just wondering how long to give it before I ring up and play @#/? with them.

Ta

Just a quick one. My ST arrived on Sat however my daughter's (which was ordered & paid for at the same time) hasn't arrived yet. Is it normal for them to be sent out separately? I've only ever ordered 1 before and it's been a few years since I last had one.

Just wondering how long to give it before I ring up and play @#/? with them.

Ta

I would give it a few days. There have been times when my brother and I (same address at the time, different age category) had stuff sent a few days apart.

I have a son on benefits. He is and will remain an ST holder. Rovers is a key part of his life. The ST is paid out of his income.

I should add he has disabilities. Are you suggesting the disabled should not be allowed to watch Rovers?

Are you for real?

Hi Paul, to be fair I didn't read 3rd Pillar's post as you and Den seem to have done and didn't see that much wrong with what he said.

For the avoidance of doubt I certainly didn't intend my post to read as though Disabled Supporters shouldn 't buy season tickets. I was thinking in terms of the able bodied fan currently out of work who has to find food, utilities, clothing etc. On what I presume is about 60 p.w. If extra benefits mean anyone disabled can afford to purchase a season ticket, best of luck to them.

Apologies if my post caused any offence.

Archived