BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

Do you think we would have that many in League 2?

Pompeys gates did drop quite a bit after relegation from the prem and with all the shenanigans going on. They then held up well in league 1 and it's seems they may be rallying a bit now as belief in the club returns. Fair play to em but let's not pretend they've had big gates all the way from the Prem to league two.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have renewed my season ticket with 4 others also... Genuinely looking forward to this season, less expectation, better manager, and hopefully get the feel good factor back down to Ewood - most of the time last year I wasn't even enjoying going or looking forward to it...

I just hope we can slowly get the main core back and back the boys win lose or draw and leave the off field politics to others.... COYB

Yes, but there's shed loads more (aternative) things to do darn sarf, than while away a Saturday afternoon watching overpaid overhyped primadonnas pratt about...

Isn't that the truth ... and I doesn't keaning rain all the time either!

Panic over, when I got home from work last night I was greeted with a little girl bouncing all over the living room waving her ST in the air!

I'm sure she thought I'd been winding her up & just got one for myself!

Strangely looking forward to this season after all the crap preceding the last 2. I think being a Rovers fan you have to be a bit sadistic, it comes with the territory!

Rovers have confirmed to the LT this morning that season ticket sales have gone past the 10,000 mark this week. Good to see some fans slowly returning.

Question to ask is how many of these tickets has the club bought please.

Many thanks Rev but in all honesty I had not found your post in anyway offensive. However 3rd pillar said this: "Football grounds are for the working man relaxation and well earned enjoyment, not for people on benefits" Which for me is all encompassing though I can give him the benefit of the doubt in saying he probably meant the unemployed - not that it really improves the view. It was the stance that football is only for working people which got my goat. Thanks again though, much appreciated.

The post is specific to my experience regarding benefits, and the post clearly directs you to low income/(unemployment benefits). Who brought disabled into this?

I really don't believe we've sold 10,000 season tickets, it just doesn't add up.

3 years of mismanagement, lies and deceit, gates nowhere near the figures given out last season, free transfers galore and season ticket sales have gone up?

Do me a favour....

I really don't believe we've sold 10,000 season tickets, it just doesn't add up.

3 years of mismanagement, lies and deceit, gates nowhere near the figures given out last season, free transfers galore and season ticket sales have gone up?

Do me a favour....

Out of curiosity, do we know this as fact?

Not having a go, but I never really thought that our official attendences seemed inflated at all. I watch Wigan rugby league quite a lot, whose crowds are very similar to ours as reported by the club were last season. From my point of view at least, I couldn't really sense that there few fewer fans in Ewood every week than were in the DW.

I know we included all ST holders in the overall attendence, but isn't this standard practice across the league?

• Backroom

Do me a favour....

You have to remember that juniors U-8s (i think) are free this year, I bet we've shifted a good thousand of them.

No I don't know it as fact Gally, but common sense tells me we have never sold 10k.

Like Matty, I know more people that have renewed this season that didn't last, but that's not saying much really.

It doesn't really matter in any event, what matters is the team does well and we get back into the mix sooner rather than later.

We should have a better idea on Saturday if 10k is accurate I guess.

The promotion offer was superb to be honest, although I seriously doubt we will go up. Just over £200 is hardly a massive cash gamble though and probably one quite a few people are willing to take.

Out of curiosity, do we know this as fact?

Not having a go, but I never really thought that our official attendences seemed inflated at all. I watch Wigan rugby league quite a lot, whose crowds are very similar to ours as reported by the club were last season. From my point of view at least, I couldn't really sense that there few fewer fans in Ewood every week than were in the DW.

I know we included all ST holders in the overall attendence, but isn't this standard practice across the league?

The attendance figure quoted is the actual number of tickets sold... if somebody with a ticket doesn't attend they are still counted in the official attendance.

I'm moving back to the UK/Liverpool (yeah, I know) towards the end of the year.

Few of quick questions; how late in the year can you purchase season tickets? Is it right up until half STs are available or are there a few weeks between?

Finally, anyone regularly make the trip up to Ewood from Merseyside? Looks a nightmare on public transport and I don't drive (might have to look into that if not).

I'm not sure about when STs go off sale but it might work out worthwhile to buy one anyway even if you don't attend all matches

The train journey isn't too bad; Lime Street to Preston, Preston to Blackburn takes about 1 hour 40 minutes. By car is probably just in the hour.

I'm not sure about when STs go off sale but it might work out worthwhile to buy one anyway even if you don't attend all matches

The train journey isn't too bad; Lime Street to Preston, Preston to Blackburn takes about 1 hour 40 minutes. By car is probably just in the hour.

Thanks Paul. I did see the train journey and at nearly two hours, it looked a bit arduous. Maybe find a car club or something and finally get my licence!

The attendance figure quoted is the actual number of tickets sold... if somebody with a ticket doesn't attend they are still counted in the official attendance.

I think the key to understanding the number of season tickets Rovers have is to bear in mind that any club might 'create' a big number of complimentary season tickets to use at their discretion on a match by match basis (in reality, the majority will be rarely used).

If this is correct then you might have 7,000 season tickets purchased by the fans and 3,000 'complimentary' season tickets and therefore each declared home gate immediately includes 10,000 season tickets and how many times did members on here think that last season the gate had been overstated by 3,000ish !

Last season I was often staggered to see vast areas of empty seats around where we sat yet each match those same seats were classed as 'unavailable' on the online booking system !

Archived