BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

I have renewed my season ticket with 4 others also... Genuinely looking forward to this season, less expectation, better manager, and hopefully get the feel good factor back down to Ewood - most of the time last year I wasn't even enjoying going or looking forward to it...

I just hope we can slowly get the main core back and back the boys win lose or draw and leave the off field politics to others.... COYB

These are my sentiments exactly . Didn't renew last season but I feel things are looking up and in spite of all that's happened over the last three years it's hard to fault the management's actions over the close season . Looking forward to Saturday .

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm moving back to the UK/Liverpool (yeah, I know) towards the end of the year.

Few of quick questions; how late in the year can you purchase season tickets? Is it right up until half STs are available or are there a few weeks between?

Finally, anyone regularly make the trip up to Ewood from Merseyside? Looks a nightmare on public transport and I don't drive (might have to look into that if not).

make the trip up regular from St Helens...

perhaps something could be sorted....

I think the key to understanding the number of season tickets Rovers have is to bear in mind that any club might 'create' a big number of complimentary season tickets to use at their discretion on a match by match basis (in reality, the majority will be rarely used).

If this is correct then you might have 7,000 season tickets purchased by the fans and 3,000 'complimentary' season tickets and therefore each declared home gate immediately includes 10,000 season tickets and how many times did members on here think that last season the gate had been overstated by 3,000ish !

Last season I was often staggered to see vast areas of empty seats around where we sat yet each match those same seats were classed as 'unavailable' on the online booking system !

Exactly- this was certainly the case last season with Agnew's 'ghost' season tickets meaning the ST sales (to bolster Kean's position with the owners if I remember correctly) were much higher than actual.

Exactly- this was certainly the case last season with Agnew's 'ghost' season tickets meaning the ST sales (to bolster Kean's position with the owners if I remember correctly) were much higher than actual.

The free season ticket offer is only available in the BBE Upper. So if they were to fudge the numbers, then we'd be able to tell by having a quick glance.

• Backroom

The free season ticket offer is only available in the BBE Upper. So if they were to fudge the numbers, then we'd be able to tell by having a quick glance.

Think it's more a reference to the 'charity' STs that go to schools and various charitable causes. These can also be seen in the JW Lower towards the Darwen End (as well as the BBE Upper).

I think the key to understanding the number of season tickets Rovers have is to bear in mind that any club might 'create' a big number of complimentary season tickets to use at their discretion on a match by match basis (in reality, the majority will be rarely used).

If this is correct then you might have 7,000 season tickets purchased by the fans and 3,000 'complimentary' season tickets and therefore each declared home gate immediately includes 10,000 season tickets and how many times did members on here think that last season the gate had been overstated by 3,000ish !

Last season I was often staggered to see vast areas of empty seats around where we sat yet each match those same seats were classed as 'unavailable' on the online booking system !

This conspiracy theory is as dodgy as your betting bullsh!t.

Why would they invent 3000 free season tickets? Even if they invented them in the cheaper £225 quid areas, it would land Rovers with a VAT bill of over £130,000!

Just to artificially boost crowd figures on a match day? I don't think so.

By the way - while you are reading - what happened to new owners by the new season????

I don't really go for conspiracy theories and though I can see where MM is going with his view to "invent" 30% of the crowd is too far-fetched. I hate to think what the accounting implications would be.

I do though very much agree with GAV and I'm gobsmacked to read of 10,000 sold. For me the explanation is value for money. At £225 per ST or £25 for a match ticket in the BBE buying an ST is a no-brainer if you go to ten matches a season. I think it's nothing more than this, an ST is so cheap not buying one would be the surprise.

On Saturday I expect to feel as though I'm marooned on a desert island sat in the JW Upper surrounded by an ocean of empty seats.

I cant see the club lying about the season tickets sales. not interest in last season tickets numbers.

but i do know of a couple of people who have bought season tickets but they know that they cant make to every game but get to around 15 home games a season.

Why would they invent 3000 free season tickets? Even if they invented them in the cheaper £225 quid areas, it would land Rovers with a VAT bill of over £130,000!

Just to artificially boost crowd figures on a match day? I don't think so.

I think there are a number of fairly obvious reasons as to why the club might want the gates to seem better than what they actually are.

As far VAT implications, I have done a bit of creative accounting in my time and generally speaking, dependent upon on how it is set-up, 'free product' does not attract a VAT liability.

Why would they invent 3000 free season tickets?

To keep certain managers/directors in a job after they have convinced the owners that the fans will still back the choice of manager even after relegation.

I think there are a number of fairly obvious reasons as to why the club might want the gates to seem better than what they actually are.

As far VAT implications, I have done a bit of creative accounting in my time and generally speaking, dependent upon on how it is set-up, 'free product' does not attract a VAT liability.

There are also some fairly good reasons why season ticket sales could be higher this season than last: -

• An outbreak of overdue stability at the club
  • Some sensible player recruitment over the Summer
  • A heartening performance on Sunday
  • Rock-bottom prices
  • An outside chance of an unprecedented deal should we get promotion

Hence the club are now hopeful of ending up with between 11,000 and 12,000 come September.

Time will tell at 3.05pm on Saturday afternoon. For what its worth I don't believe the conspiracy theory and I don't accept MM's alternative views on the matter. Is part of the gat revenue not payable to the Football League ? If it is and I believe it is then there is no reason why Rovers should ever lie !

Anyone going to a few games on an ad hoc walk on basis last season will probably hsve noticed it's bloody expensive pro rata compared to the cost of a 225 quid season ticket for 23 games.

That's the most obvious explanation that springs to my mind

also, purely from a health and safety point of view how can Rovers get away with lying about the exact number of people in a public place ? imagine if there was some kind of disaster , a fire or a stand collapse how would they know exactly how many people to account for?

also, purely from a health and safety point of view how can Rovers get away with lying about the exact number of people in a public place ? imagine if there was some kind of disaster , a fire or a stand collapse how would they know exactly how many people to account for?

A number of folk alleged on here last season that the 'police numbers' were often 3,000ish less than the declared gate. It is a mandatory requirement that the police are told the exact number in stadia.

Anyone going to a few games on an ad hoc walk on basis last season will probably hsve noticed it's bloody expensive pro rata compared to the cost of a 225 quid season ticket for 23 games.

That's the most obvious explanation that springs to my mind

And that is the reason I got mine. I'll never make all the games but I'm sure I'll make at least 15.

There are also some fairly good reasons why season ticket sales could be higher this season than last: -

• An outbreak of overdue stability at the club
  • Some sensible player recruitment over the Summer
  • A heartening performance on Sunday
  • Rock-bottom prices
  • An outside chance of an unprecedented deal should we get promotion

Hence the club are now hopeful of ending up with between 11,000 and 12,000 come September.

Personally consider our player recruitment this summer to be poor at best. Agree with all the rest although I think one you've missed off is some of the stay-aways from last season have just missed it too much. That's certainly the case for me.

I would have thought there must also be quite a lot of people much happier with the prospect of Gary Bowyer managing the team than Steve Kean.

That's a very good point. Last season some people (including myself) refused to get a ticket whilst the low life Kean was being kept in situ by the Loons from Pune.

A number of folk alleged on here last season that the 'police numbers' were often 3,000ish less than the declared gate. It is a mandatory requirement that the police are told the exact number in stadia.

The discrepancy between the clubs official attendance and Police numbers could be down to that the club use every season ticket that has been sold whether its been used for that game or not (every club does this), Police numbers is probably actual heads through the door - not sure that this would account for -3000 though.

Well finally got round to renewing this morning, so that's the sales up buy +2.

A word of real praise for the TO. A lovely young woman went through several options for changing our seats and then took me across to the JW to check the view from several different areas - she was very helpful and friendly.

Got two cracking seats in the JW Lower, WO4 (we have been in Upper for years), almost on the halfway line and nicely high up but still much closer to the pitch than previously. WE used to sit in a similar position above the tunnel in the old Nuttall Street stand, the best view I've ever had at Ewood. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Pitch looks good but they'll need to cut the grass and getsome lines on it soon!

Well finally got round to renewing this morning, so that's the sales up buy +2.

A word of real praise for the TO. A lovely young woman went through several options for changing our seats and then took me across to the JW to check the view from several different areas - she was very helpful and friendly.

Got two cracking seats in the JW Lower, WO4 (we have been in Upper for years), almost on the halfway line and nicely high up but still much closer to the pitch than previously. WE used to sit in a similar position above the tunnel in the old Nuttall Street stand, the best view I've ever had at Ewood. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Pitch looks good but they'll need to cut the grass and getsome lines on it soon!

This has happened to me before too Paul. It's brilliant and at the price I pay it's worth it just to have a pretty girl to chat to for 45mins.

Archived