BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

Allow them to 'exist'! Jesus Christ. What about if they can't find a job?

You mean 'jobs' like these, 'jobs' created by the Tory Party doner & Billionaire Mike Ashley?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/jul/28/sports-direct-staff-zero-hour-contracts

Welcome to Britain, low-paid serdom.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jul/30/buckingham-palace-zero-hours-contracts

Thankfully, The Queen got an 'benefits' increase of £5m this year so she should be ok, unlike her staff.

I'm willing to help fund their rent, food and clothing, provided that they are genuinely looking for work but I'm keened if I'm prepared to fund their fags and Special Brew. A job on minimum rate is better than nothing and one can still look for a better job whilst working.

The Queen works.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to help fund their rent, food and clothing, provided that they are genuinely looking for work but I'm keened if I'm prepared to fund their fags and Special Brew. A job on minimum rate is better than nothing and one can still look for a better job whilst working.

The Queen works.

Her family also generate about £500m per year according to the British Tourism Authority

Yes - perhaps we should follow the Spanish Economic Model too?

Are you unemployed Blueboy? I'm not - I'm fortunate enough to have a job and certainly feel for those that are unable to find one despite working hard and applying for every scrap of work that comes their way.

However I think it is safe to say that 60% or more of the unemployed population of Blackburn have no intention whatsoever of finding a job and are more than happy for the working population to fund their sky, cigarettes and Stella. - This country is a soft touch and until we toughen up a certain percentage of the population will continue to @#/? up the leg's of the ones willing to work.

Excuse me if I also don't want to see them getting a freebie to football matches that many people scrimp and save for

Hahhah, brilliant, 60%, have you done a survey. I think only 1.5% spend their money on fags? see i can make stuff up too.closedeyes.gif

Her family also generate about £500m per year according to the British Tourism Authority

And how much do they claim in 'benefits'?

The Queen works.

Where does she work?

Is this benefits debate actually going anywhere? The real crux is that Rovers ST sales seem to be slightly up and that can only be a good thing. If the club made as much effort on the squad improvements things may have looked even better.

Hahhah, brilliant, 60%, have you done a survey. I think only 1.5% spend their money on fags? see i can make stuff up too.closedeyes.gif

And how much do they claim in 'benefits'?

Where does she work?

it depends what you mean by a survey? Perhaps Observational research would be a more appropriate term seeing as I have lived in Blackburn my entire life - trust me I've spent plenty of time amongst the dollopers. i find it difficult to enter Blackburn Town Centre without feeling queasy.

Don't tell me you're an anarchist as well?

http://brandfinance.com/knowledge_centre/stories/introduction-understanding-the-value-of-the-british-monarchy-as-a-brand

Cost us about £40m per annum - less than a pint of milk per person -

Strange motive to question the benefits an 87 year old woman - especially as most of the Royal family do work, either carrying out exceptional service to the country through Military careers or through charity work.

At the end of the day it's up to the individual on what they spend their benefits on, if they can afford to buy a season ticket with it as well as cover their basic essential needs then fair enough. People in my view should be more mad with those that 'breed for benefits', the ones with 6 or 7 kids with a house paid for them, plasma TV and the various other luxuries paid for by the state. If any group deserved any anger directed towards them it's them.

Season ticket sales up? Not for me to judge or comment on.

We have the biggest world wide slump for 80 years, but the the richest in society got even richer, yet working class people argue amongst

themselves about unfortunate people living on benefits. Which is just what the Rich tax dodgers want to hear.

BTW I don't think its a good idea to be too critical of people on out of work benefits, after all none of us know whats around the corner, do we ?

There's a great old saying ' There but for the grace of God go I '

i'm not on the dole you patronising dullard. I look forward to you becoming destitute though. Now go and put your pads back in before you wet yourself.

No chance of that pal. I worked hard all my life and built up a really good inflation proofed pension plus a substantial investment. Enough to help keep you with my taxes.

Rovers have confirmed to the LT this morning that season ticket sales have gone past the 10,000 mark this week. Good to see some fans slowly returning.

For real? That is very good considering

Brand new applications or people returning after a year or two of abstaining?

I know you won't know but I suspect it's the latter.

No detailed analysis done but it is a mix of the the two, as you would expect. In the "good old days" when we were an established Premier League club there was usually a 10-15% turnover in ST holders.

Rovers have confirmed to the LT this morning that season ticket sales have gone past the 10,000 mark this week. Good to see some fans slowly returning.

Very good news that Kamy, must admit better than I imagined, a rare away win on Sunday might see that figure soar !

Pompey Chairman was on Radio 5 earlier. Seems Pompey have sold the same amount as us. Two divisions lower.

Is this benefits debate actually going anywhere? The real crux is that Rovers ST sales seem to be slightly up and that can only be a good thing. If the club made as much effort on the squad improvements things may have looked even better.

Actually it is an interesting topic - though maybe not for this thread.

and (i think) Hampshire has a similair population to Lancashire but only has three clubs. Pompey have a huge catchment area.

Yes, but there's shed loads more (aternative) things to do darn sarf, than while away a Saturday afternoon watching overpaid overhyped primadonnas pratt about...

and (i think) Hampshire has a similair population to Lancashire but only has three clubs. Pompey have a huge catchment area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_counties

Stuart are you asking if we would have as many season tickets as Pompey in league 2? Not a chance we would hit 10,000, I'd guess about 50% as that's a hell of a lot of heartache.

Archived