BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

S

I work full time and have done my entire adult life so far thanks! But I only get paid minimum wage and i'm living alone(so have to pay all rent, household bills, car running costs, ect.. out of my pathetic wage)

As much of a rovers fan as I am, its not my only interest/pastime and buying a season ticket would mean having to sacrifice on other things I enjoy doing, normally id just go to a handful of games a season, but as I said I am seriously looking at ways I can safe money to be able to buy an st without it swallowing all of my spare cash)

You don't have to justify how you spend your money to me or anyone else TJ. If you really want to go I hope you are able to juggle your budget to accomodate that.

Can you honestly say though you don't waste or spend at least an unnecessary pound or two a day when you're out and about on things like drinks, prepacked sandwiches, chocolate bars, newspapers etc.

I know I certainly do and I'd look there first before deciding if it was solely a stark choice between Rovers or something else I enjoy like Sky etc.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S

You don't have to justify how you spend your money to me or anyone else TJ. If you really want to go I hope you are able to juggle your budget to accomodate that.

Can you honestly say though you don't waste or spend at least an unnecessary pound or two a day when you're out and about on things like drinks, prepacked sandwiches, chocolate bars, newspapers etc.

I know I certainly do and I'd look there first before deciding if it was solely a stark choice between Rovers or something else I enjoy like Sky etc.

I can honestly say that I'm tight as a budgies #'% and waste as little as possible these days, I especially avoid buying overpriced crap from vending machines ect.. and don't buy(or read) so-called 'news'papers when I can get the very latest news on my mobile(which was free and on a very cheap contract before anybody points out the obvious :P ).

Hi Paul, to be fair I didn't read 3rd Pillar's post as you and Den seem to have done and didn't see that much wrong with what he said.

For the avoidance of doubt I certainly didn't intend my post to read as though Disabled Supporters shouldn 't buy season tickets. I was thinking in terms of the able bodied fan currently out of work who has to find food, utilities, clothing etc. On what I presume is about 60 p.w. If extra benefits mean anyone disabled can afford to purchase a season ticket, best of luck to them.

Apologies if my post caused any offence.

Many thanks Rev but in all honesty I had not found your post in anyway offensive. However 3rd pillar said this:

"Football grounds are for the working man relaxation and well earned enjoyment, not for people on benefits"

Which for me is all encompassing though I can give him the benefit of the doubt in saying he probably meant the unemployed - not that it really improves the view. It was the stance that football is only for working people which got my goat.

Thanks again though, much appreciated.

Is it not really a case of sign of the times?

I don't think anyone could argue that Rovers over the past 10 years have not done their utmost to make a season ticket affordable and the best value for money amongst the plethora of local clubs.

Where I think they all miss a trick based on my own personal circumstances with my 2 sons, is what they do to retain the support of young adults. Invariably we all pay for season tickets for our youngsters but there comes a point at a certain age where you have to say, right you now have to pay for your own season ticket. Shock, horror is the general reaction!

The reality is they generally don't have a job or if they do, they have more pressing things to spend their brass on. Invariably they dont buy a ticket, get out of the habit and loose interest.

Future supporter base gone. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but our crowds (and latterly I use the word loosely!) are generally made up of 45 years plus males, some with spouses, young families with kids and some couples of 45 years plus. How many 19 to 25 year olds attend regularly and pay for themselves?

An option for consideration by the club perhaps; a kid who has had a season ticket for 5 consecutive seasons before the age of 18 gets a free season ticket for 5 years until the age of 23. They pay a nominal sum of £20 per season for that period which is then deductible from the purchase of a full season ticket in year 6.

Just thinking about the future and outside the box.......

I would give it a few days. There have been times when my brother and I (same address at the time, different age category) had stuff sent a few days apart.

Thanks Gally. Still not arrived when I got in from work. I'll give em til Friday. Just wished they'd sent the little-un's first - I'm getting pestered!! :lol:

Is it not really a case of sign of the times?

I don't think anyone could argue that Rovers over the past 10 years have not done their utmost to make a season ticket affordable and the best value for money amongst the plethora of local clubs.

Where I think they all miss a trick based on my own personal circumstances with my 2 sons, is what they do to retain the support of young adults. Invariably we all pay for season tickets for our youngsters but there comes a point at a certain age where you have to say, right you now have to pay for your own season ticket. Shock, horror is the general reaction!

The reality is they generally don't have a job or if they do, they have more pressing things to spend their brass on. Invariably they dont buy a ticket, get out of the habit and loose interest.

Future supporter base gone. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but our crowds (and latterly I use the word loosely!) are generally made up of 45 years plus males, some with spouses, young families with kids and some couples of 45 years plus. How many 19 to 25 year olds attend regularly and pay for themselves?

An option for consideration by the club perhaps; a kid who has had a season ticket for 5 consecutive seasons before the age of 18 gets a free season ticket for 5 years until the age of 23. They pay a nominal sum of £20 per season for that period which is then deductible from the purchase of a full season ticket in year 6.

Just thinking about the future and outside the box.......

There appears to be a lot of young lads in the Darwen End where I sit

I got my issue with Zebra sorted quickly. If you have changed address or there are ANY spelling mistakes on the form it was pretty much automatically refused I was told when I spoke with them. If anyone needs a contact email address let me know

Good point here. There surely can't be anyone on benefits paying for their own OR anyone else's season tickets can there ( or match day tickets for that matter ). That would just plain wrong.

Football grounds are for the working man relaxation and well earned enjoyment, not for people on benefits. PRIORITIES

Does anyone seriously know anyone on benefits that would contemplate getting a season ticket.

What about the disabled who are on benefits? Would you prefer it if they stayed at home out of site, out of mind. I would give the disabled a match day / season tickets, not charge them.

Those on Job seekers etc - possible point.

What about the disabled who are on benefits? Would you prefer it if they stayed at home out of site, out of mind. I would give the disabled a match day / season tickets, not charge them.

Those on Job seekers etc - possible point.

I think you would rile a lot of the paying fans with that one. There are a lot of folk on job seekers that 'won't work' rather than 'can't find work'. Any way of differentiating the honest job seekers from the layabouts with no intention of working?

Rovers have confirmed to the LT this morning that season ticket sales have gone past the 10,000 mark this week. Good to see some fans slowly returning.

That fits with what we were told at the Fans Forum on Monday. They also mentioned that there were 1,500 new applications in the 10,000.

On problems with Zebra Finance the club said that the situation as reported in the LET was blown up out of all proportion to the actual size of the problem - a small number had their applications declined and many were like Dan and have been sorted already.

That fits with what we were told at the Fans Forum on Monday. They also mentioned that there were 1,500 new applications in the 10,000.

Brand new applications or people returning after a year or two of abstaining?

I know you won't know but I suspect it's the latter.

I think you would rile a lot of the paying fans with that one. There are a lot of folk on job seekers that 'won't work' rather than 'can't find work'. Any way of differentiating the honest job seekers from the layabouts with no intention of working?

Think you miss understood my post. I don't think those on job seekers should be allowed to buy their season tickets with their benefits. These days benefits are means tested, including job seekers. So not likely to be able to afford season tickets. But I think the disabled - especially the seriously disabled - should be given them, as well as their carer who goes with them, for free.

Think you miss understood my post. I don't think those on job seekers should be allowed to buy their season tickets with their benefits. These days benefits are means tested, including job seekers. So not likely to be able to afford season tickets. But I think the disabled - especially the seriously disabled - should be given them, as well as their carer who goes with them, for free.

so people who don't have a job, but desperately want one and spend each and everyday looking for one, shouldn't be allowed any kind of entertainment? So benefits should be so low that the unemployed enjoy absolutely no quality of life? What a delighfully compassionate individual you are.

The 10000+ figure is a great relief to me.

This club needs a decent core of season ticket holders, so to have 10000+ signed up already, depsite another farcical season last term and no real hope for this campaign bodes really well that we can get through this dark period.

Sorry Pafell my mistake - Understood

so people who don't have a job, but desperately want one and spend each and everyday looking for one, shouldn't be allowed any kind of entertainment? So benefits should be so low that the unemployed enjoy absolutely no quality of life? What a delighfully compassionate individual you are.

Benefits for the unemployed should allow them to exist until they find the job they are seeking. Those who are unfit to work are a different matter but they should be examined periodically.

Interesting Topic isn't it. I would hope there is some kind of system in place whereby those actively searching for a job and showing a willingness would be given the right to spend a certain amount of their money on entertainment/free time.

I also feel that those that sit watching Sky Sports all day should not be given any benefits whatsoever unless they prove their worth to society. This country is breeding and (in many ways) helping to conserve lazy b*stards

Of the average weekly allowance of someone on benefits, it would be very interesting to see how much of that gets spent on booze+cigs+SkyTV+iphone compared actually how much gets spent on food etc and the travel costs invovled in looking for a job.

Interesting article. Nice to see a club that recognises that culture and sport should be available to all, regardless of their economic plight. I doubt the lifestyle fascists on here would agree with the following:-

Unemployed season ticket holders are able to renew for 2013-14 at no cost, continuing a scheme developed four years ago, whilst season ticket holders who were out of work a year ago only have to pay 33 per cent of ticket’s value, and those who were unemployed two years ago only pay 66 per cent of the price.

Blloody scroungers, watching Sky all day, drinking and smoking AND getting cheap S/T's. It's a bloody digrace, where's the Daily Mail's phone number.

Benefits for the unemployed should allow them to exist until they find the job they are seeking. Those who are unfit to work are a different matter but they should be examined periodically.

Allow them to 'exist'! Jesus Christ. What about if they can't find a job?

You mean 'jobs' like these, 'jobs' created by the Tory Party doner & Billionaire Mike Ashley?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/jul/28/sports-direct-staff-zero-hour-contracts

Welcome to Britain, low-paid serdom.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jul/30/buckingham-palace-zero-hours-contracts

Thankfully, The Queen got an 'benefits' increase of £5m this year so she should be ok, unlike her staff.

Interesting article. Nice to see a club that recognises that culture and sport should be available to all, regardless of their economic plight. I doubt the lifestyle fascists on here would agree with the following:-

Unemployed season ticket holders are able to renew for 2013-14 at no cost, continuing a scheme developed four years ago, whilst season ticket holders who were out of work a year ago only have to pay 33 per cent of ticket’s value, and those who were unemployed two years ago only pay 66 per cent of the price.

Blloody scroungers, watching Sky all day, drinking and smoking AND getting cheap S/T's. It's a bloody digrace, where's the Daily Mail's phone number.

Yes - perhaps we should follow the Spanish Economic Model too?

Are you unemployed Blueboy? I'm not - I'm fortunate enough to have a job and certainly feel for those that are unable to find one despite working hard and applying for every scrap of work that comes their way.

However I think it is safe to say that 60% or more of the unemployed population of Blackburn have no intention whatsoever of finding a job and are more than happy for the working population to fund their sky, cigarettes and Stella. - This country is a soft touch and until we toughen up a certain percentage of the population will continue to @#/? up the leg's of the ones willing to work.

Excuse me if I also don't want to see them getting a freebie to football matches that many people scrimp and save for

Archived