BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Well finally got round to renewing this morning, so that's the sales up buy +2.

A word of real praise for the TO. A lovely young woman went through several options for changing our seats and then took me across to the JW to check the view from several different areas - she was very helpful and friendly.

Got two cracking seats in the JW Lower, WO4 (we have been in Upper for years), almost on the halfway line and nicely high up but still much closer to the pitch than previously. WE used to sit in a similar position above the tunnel in the old Nuttall Street stand, the best view I've ever had at Ewood. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Pitch looks good but they'll need to cut the grass and getsome lines on it soon!

Good stuff Paul but you'd be best advised leaving it till Saturday to try them out

There won't be much going on tomorrow :)

Total gate was 14,496.

Forest filled half the lower tier.

I guess that fits with the 10k season tickets tale. More games like today, and I'm not sure we'll sell many more.

We really need a marquee signing (and needed a marquee manager in truth) but we can't afford either.

Total gate was 14,496.

Forest filled half the lower tier.

I guess that fits with the 10k season tickets tale. More games like today, and I'm not sure we'll sell many more.

We really need a marquee signing (and needed a marquee manager in truth) but we can't afford either.

There seemed more on today when compared to some of last season's so called 14,000 gates !!!

I thought the place looked empty yesterday, big gaps in all stands including the BBurn end lower. Agree with mercer though, a few people said the same, more on than last season when the gates given out as similar.

I thought the place looked empty yesterday, big gaps in all stands including the BBurn end lower. Agree with mercer though, a few people said the same, more on than last season when the gates given out as similar.

Also - being holiday season - there is more reason for gaps - with ST holders on hols etc.

if it was estimated at 1600 I'd suggest that the person counting must be in the need of glasses - the configuration of the away end makes it quite easy to estimate when its 90%-95% full. 2,200 at least...

From their own website Forest were allocated 2,226 tickets in the DE lower with a further allocation in the upper tier if required. Before the game they'd sold just over 1,500. I would say probably about 1700+ would be about right because it wasn,t rammed full and the people at the front corner spread out a bit over the empty seats and stayed stood up which obviously makes it look fuller. Still a great following but they have to be the quietest travelling fans ever, same as last time they came, not a peep.

http://fbl72.lockerdome.com/articles/108856055

All the away attendances in the Football League this weekend. Forest estimated at 1600. Lolz long and hard @ Burnleys following, The Best Supported Club In The World.

Torquay at Morecambe: (50*. Proper fans them!

Lol also at B***ley

if it was estimated at 1600 I'd suggest that the person counting must be in the need of glasses - the configuration of the away end makes it quite easy to estimate when its 90%-95% full. 2,200 at least...

Maybe its me who needs the glasses afterall - 1,865 so I've been reliably told. Not that it makes any difference either way really (in the grand scheme of things) as the most important statistic remains the same.....0-1.

Maybe its me who needs the glasses afterall - 1,865 so I've been reliably told. Not that it makes any difference either way really (in the grand scheme of things) as the most important statistic remains the same.....0-1.

Puts the Rovers' support at 12,500 for first match of the season which must be a tad worrying.

some would say we are returning to our 'place' in football pre JW. A small town, with relatively small support (by Championship standards), not a lot of money to thrown about because of FFP so are a selling/trading club at the lower end of the market. Generally relying on youth products and journeymen players with the odd gem which will be sold to balance the books.

If we are still in the Championship in five years time with gates of 12k - 15k my main worry will be the cost of maintaining the Cat 1 status of the academy, the senior training centre and Ewood - pre JW we only had a crumbling ground and the mini bus to the run the players down to Pleasington to worry about. Even accounting for inflation, the club costs a hell of a lot more to run now than it did back in the late 80's.

The club will need more money from matchday revenue to sustain the day-to-day running - the day of the mega cheap season ticket may be numbered, and from a business point of view that nettle will have to be grabbed sooner rather than later.

some would say we are returning to our 'place' in football pre JW. A small town, with relatively small support (by Championship standards), not a lot of money to thrown about because of FFP so are a selling/trading club at the lower end of the market. Generally relying on youth products and journeymen players with the odd gem which will be sold to balance the books.

If we are still in the Championship in five years time with gates of 12k - 15k my main worry will be the cost of maintaining the Cat 1 status of the academy, the senior training centre and Ewood - pre JW we only had a crumbling ground and the mini bus to the run the players down to Pleasington to worry about. Even accounting for inflation, the club costs a hell of a lot more to run now than it did back in the late 80's.

The club will need more money from matchday revenue to sustain the day-to-day running - the day of the mega cheap season ticket may be numbered, and from a business point of view that nettle will have to be grabbed sooner rather than later.

Agree - would only add that if still in Championship in 5 years time, I suspect our gates will be closer to 10k-12k as inevitably, interest will dwindle. That will be some circle to try and square (falling gates / cost of season tickets) !

hypothetical, but wonder what a "big club" would pay for a ready made cat 1 Academy lock stock and barrel if it becomes too expensive for a mid table championship to maintain?

ideal location for a number of 'big clubs' travel time wise, ready built etc , obviously if there are any restrictions on its sale a non starter, but if its kept as a academy /training base does it necessarily have to belong to Rovers?

Archived