BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep have to agree with that short, accurate assessment. We will renew but can't say I'm in a rush or in any way motivated to do so. It would be nice to approach the season with anticipation but for me the best we can hope for is a good start which creates that optimism.

I lived in hope for the majority of the 80's (since 83). Plenty of promotion near misses, on an absolute shoestring, with honest players. This current lot are not fit to lick their backsides.

4th, 6th, and 5th four times

cant see them selling many more, this summer has been nothing to write home about, from the manager appointment to the signings so far

Not sure about that, I think the general apathy and lack of enthusiasm that has consumed Rovers fans over the last couple of years will mean a lot of fans just can't be bothered and are waiting until the last minute to do it. That certainly applies to me anyway. Might see a late surge that gets the figure up a decent amount.

I don't think it was anywhere near 10,000 sold last season Ben and it won't be this season either.

Far to many people are still very wary of the owners and there crazy decision making and that won't change anytime soon.

I'll be going this season, but I won't be buying a season ticket, they need to earn our trust before we put money back into the club.

I don't think it was anywhere near 10,000 sold last season Ben and it won't be this season either.

Far to many people are still very wary of the owners and there crazy decision making and that won't change anytime soon.

I'll be going this season, but I won't be buying a season ticket, they need to earn our trust before we put money back into the club.

Last season I didn't buy a season ticket in protest at Kean - I then spent far more money attending virtually every home match and paying on a match by match basis. I'll be buying a season ticket - but will be leaving it as late as possible - not to see who we buy - but just purely for financial reasons (which may be the real reason we have - allegedly - only sold 6k)

Last season I didn't buy a season ticket in protest at Kean - I then spent far more money attending virtually every home match and paying on a match by match basis. I'll be buying a season ticket - but will be leaving it as late as possible - not to see who we buy - but just purely for financial reasons (which may be the real reason we have - allegedly - only sold 6k)

That mirrors me exactly. Only difference being I only attended about half the home games last season, still spent more than a ST though.

I saw 4. Doubt it will be as many this time unless a massive and unexpected turnaround takes place.

Plus the Navvy is shut, which was ideal for the train, leaving just the overfull crappy boozers near the ground....no ta!

Same as. Didn't get one last season in protest at not replacing coco, we were going to just do aways only but the boycott last till approx an hour before the Hull game when we relented. Ended up going to all but 3 home league games [2 were unavoidable to miss) and spent a fortune not to mention the ballache of trying to book the same seats every game so this season 3 of us are getting ST's again but leaving it till very last min just incase they pull a stroke and sell several top players at the last min !

cant see them selling many more, this summer has been nothing to write home about, from the manager appointment to the signings so far

....Added to a quite frankly appalling last season on and off the pitch, at times we were nothing more than a laughing stock.

Difficult to feel optimistic.

I lived in hope for the majority of the 80's (since 83). Plenty of promotion near misses, on an absolute shoestring, with honest players. This current lot are not fit to lick their backsides.

4th, 6th, and 5th four times

That'll do me

Same as. Didn't get one last season in protest at not replacing coco, we were going to just do aways only but the boycott last till approx an hour before the Hull game when we relented. Ended up going to all but 3 home league games [2 were unavoidable to miss) and spent a fortune not to mention the ballache of trying to book the same seats every game so this season 3 of us are getting ST's again but leaving it till very last min just incase they pull a stroke and sell several top players at the last min !

Big quandary for me like many fans, I guess.

My feelings were so strong by the time I went to the last home game at Wigan. I chanted Venky's out until I had no voice left and was determined I was walking away... probably forever. I never got a season ticket and boycotted the first half of the season. Then I went to the odd game, sitting in different parts of the ground and felt numb. I felt nothing. Later did go to more games to keep us up at the end.

On one hand I didn't want to bolster a corrupt regime with owners, manager and directors that I utterly despised. On the other hand, it was cutting off my nose to spite my face etc. Rovers is our club..why should we let them take it from us.. blah blah...

If only Ewood had been empty for a TV game..or if many more had boycotted, I reasoned, we might have got change sooner, but the truth is that we will never know.

If you'd have asked me last January, I would have told you something had just died or been killed off by a group of opportunist shysters- not only from afar, but local too.

At the Burnley home game I knew the "death" was but an illusion..So it's RTID, but I am far too wary to buy a season ticket just yet...

The key thing is that everybody reacts differently to circumstances that are unprecedented in my time as Rovers fan. We should try and avoid condemning those who have a different response to our own.

As the advert used to say, it's good to talk. On this site there are people who feel the same pain. Long ago, I decided I would never again run through my bereavement with strangers...

I saw 4. Doubt it will be as many this time unless a massive and unexpected turnaround takes place.

Plus the Navvy is shut, which was ideal for the train, leaving just the overfull crappy boozers near the ground....no ta!

The Navy has reopened this week

I'll tell the father in law he'll be happy. Must say it's the easiest place to get a pre-match pint from the mill hill side of town.

The Kings is also good. Just over the bridge from the Navy.

I'm holding out for a bit longer yet before buying.

I started going again when Kean left and especially when Appleton took over as it all seemed to be settling down and becoming slightly normal. However, it wasn't long before it all went tits up again.

• sent mine off in the post a moth ago. still no acknowledgement. So how do I know my ticket will scan, until the first time I try it.

Nobody knows if their ticket will scan until the first home match. Don't leave trying it until the last minute, get on early, just in case.

Archived