BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you be in favour of dropping the Blue & White Halves?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As football progresses this is a topic (amongst others) that could well emerge. More and more owners with little or no knowledge of a club whatsoever can now it would seem, glide in and start making changes Willy-Nilly.

Making obvious reference to Cardiff's kit, but also including the 'Sports Direct Arena' (insert other examples), changes of historical aspects of clubs could well become the norm in Football. - also reference to 5:30pm KO of the FA Cup. All down to Budweiser chasing the largest TV audience possible.

Money talks guys. We might not like it, but unless you're all willing to stump up the many many millions it takes to run a club, then unfortunately we might not have a say in the matter.

Football drifts further away from the fans with every passing season - sooner we realise that the better.

• Backroom

Absolutely not. The kit is a huge part of Rovers identity and any owner with business sense would use the unique colour combo (very few others clubs look like us) as a promotion tool rather than trying to alter it.

If they can be called Cardiff Dragons and play in a different strip why not move them to somewhere else entirely. Cardiff are now a joke club.

That kind of thing seems to happen a lot in the USA.

If they can be called Cardiff Dragons and play in a different strip why not move them to somewhere else entirely. Cardiff are now a joke club.

That kind of thing seems to happen a lot in the USA.

Oops - double jeopardy!

Was the discussion on Talksport this evening and just about the only time I've ever agreed with Durham. The blue and white halves are Blackburn rovers and, at least venkys, whatever else they have done, have recognised that and left the kit largely as it was (yes I do know it's now halves, not opposite on front and back, but from front it still looks the same)

Most fans would begrudgingly accept it if the club was doing well. and by accept it I mean continue to support the club vocally and financially.

I think that's why Cardiff have for the most part got away with it. Imagine if they'd come in changed their kit and they'd got relegated or something, wouldn't have been 'accepted' nearly as well.

The blue and white halves are part of the Rovers branding which have been in place for more than 100 years. It would be insanity to change the home kit. It would be the equivalent of McDonalds giving up the Golden Arches or the Marine's giving up dress blues.

I think the wan keys would keep the halves no problem, but I could just see Agnew creeping up to Madame and suggesting the colours of the Indian flag. A lovely combination of orange and green halves with white trim. Yummy

Archived