BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

On another note overheard a conversation in the Bricklayers Arms between 5 Wigan blokes absolutely convinced Rhodes is going there on loan in the next few weeks then perm in Jan for 12 mill, just down to Whelan to rubber stamp it and that's why he showed up today. They thought Rhodes was saying goodbye to Rovers fans at the end, didn't have the heart to tell them he does that every game. Hopefully they are just swallowing Nicko bullkean but im sick (an a bit worried) of hearing it now !

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note overheard a conversation in the Bricklayers Arms between 5 Wigan blokes absolutely convinced Rhodes is going there on loan in the next few weeks then perm in Jan for 12 mill, just down to Whelan to rubber stamp it and that's why he showed up today. They thought Rhodes was saying goodbye to Rovers fans at the end, didn't have the heart to tell them he does that every game. Hopefully they are just swallowing Nicko bullkean but im sick (an a bit worried) of hearing it now !

Bricklayers in Wigan Town Centre? Drug den, they'll have been stoned,

Well he's partially cost us 3 and will be replaced for at least 3 games by Kilgallon.

Why do you hate our best cb so readily because of one mistake?

In fairness, Hanley has been an accident waiting to happen for some time. There have been a number of occasions when he has been fortunate to get away with some rash tackles, something which he was noted for in his days with the Academy and Reserves. Hopefully, he will learn from this incident because the days of robust centre-half play which made the likes of John McNamee and Glenn Keeley such legendary figures are long gone - sadly!

Two of my kids have gone.They'll be gutted .I didn't go so as not to bring them the bad luck that has accompanied all my visits to the JJB.

Sounds like 3 points thrown away by Hanley's immaturity and lack of discipline. This p***d away any advantage from the fact that Wigan had a game on Thursday.

Listening to the radio there did seem a kind of inevitability about our defending too deep. Didn't stop me listening and pacing the floor though.

Yes. Listening made me think we didn't really try to get ball down & play after sending off. We had enough quality in pitch to do this. But really panicked instead. Defended valiantly. But could have done better.

Tom totally agree Hanley should have gone but there players kicking our players in the head is totally unjustifiable they really should have been reduced to 9 men and might I remind you the Dingles against us at turf moor employed such dirty rugby like tactics and as a right we should expect the refs to be stronger and start dishing out cards and you can't say the issue lies elsewhere as if Wigan should have quite rightly been reduced to 8 men we might have gone on and won that game yes Hanley should have gone but several of their players should have as well kicking another player in the head is unnacceptable and we have a right to expect the referee to send their players off.

So is Lee Williamson a hero?

Wow, 8 "very good" signings eh? We should be going up this season then.

I'd prefer to refer to them as 8 mediocre signings, perhaps Kilgallon might be an improvement on fat thug, but the rest of them won't get us anywhere.

how can you called Evans, Cairney and Spurr mediocre signings??? These have been our best players this season apart Rhodes and Kibg. Are you watching the same games as most fans are that go to games!!!! Dont think you are

We will be up the challenging for promotion. we have a very good squad for this league.

Hanley made a mistake and he will learn from this. wouldnt be surprise to see Hanley made a public apology to the fans. Im sure he has already apologise to Bowyer and his teammates.

how can you called Evans, Cairney and Spurr mediocre signings??? These have been our best players this season apart Rhodes and Kibg. Are you watching the same games as most fans are that go to games!!!! Dont think you are.

I can see his point. They are mediocre signings when you really sit back and think about it, chaddy.

What he hasn't clocked yet (or is in denial about) is that we are now a mediocre club.

Nothing wrong with that per se. In fact it's very noble. Just ask fans of Preston, Oldham, Coventry, amongst others.

Such a false result yesterday. Hanley really let the hardworking players in the team down. I would imagine he won't wear the captain's armband again for some time.

The thing that really sickens me is the nonsense that their manager is coming out with, how Wigan's rugby success this year inspired his players. Fact is his team were nowhere near good enough 11 v 11 and I suspect that Coyle will get found out once again after a few months.

Bitterly disappointed with the result yesterday but very proud of the players and the general direction that the team is going in.

Prior to Hanley's sending off we were in relative control, after he was sent off I thought that we re-organised really well and were very unlucky at the end. There were times in the second half when we nearly got a second goal with the final ball just letting us down, or the referee not giving a penalty.

Slowly but surely we are getting there, Bowyer has organised the side really well and the team is starting to gel. Prior to the Bournemouth game I would have taken 4 points from the three games, I am delighted with 6! We now have to make sure we keep things going in the next three games (Charlton - Home, Blackpool - Away and Boro - Home).

Well done to all the fans yesterday, great turnout.

What a load of rubbish. Funny how rumours start and get out of control cos some people are so gullible they will quite literally believe anything. Sounds like a Ray Wilkins/Wilpshire style rumour to me.

Gutted, individual actions cost us today.

Though letting 2 goals in from set pieces is poor. Guess when you only have one recognised CB on the pitch it's going to be difficult.

As much as Hanley may of lost us 3/1 points today, he has won us a fair few - huge run away at Millwall last season to win the penalty springs to mind.

Hamley is being villified by some on here but had we drawn, or even won, no one would be talking about him.

Rovers defended valiantly yesterday and can be proud of their efforts.

Personally i would have withdrawn rhodes instead of best who would have held the ball better and provided some respite for a tiring midfield. I would have also introduced judge to the game on the hour mark for his energy and ball retention. We simply couldn't keep the ball!

Lastly, the defence retreated far too deeply and goals against were inevitable.

All of my points reflect the tactics deployed rather than the team performance, which was dogged and spirited.

I think we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Bitterly disappointed with the result yesterday but very proud of the players and the general direction that the team is going in.

Prior to Hanley's sending off we were in relative control, after he was sent off I thought that we re-organised really well and were very unlucky at the end. There were times in the second half when we nearly got a second goal with the final ball just letting us down, or the referee not giving a penalty.

Slowly but surely we are getting there, Bowyer has organised the side really well and the team is starting to gel. Prior to the Bournemouth game I would have taken 4 points from the three games, I am delighted with 6! We now have to make sure we keep things going in the next three games (Charlton - Home, Blackpool - Away and Boro - Home).

Well done to all the fans yesterday, great turnout.

I wholeheartedly agree, the team is starting to gel, they have passion and despite what some may say, no little quality.

If we can just cut out the silly mistakes at crucial times and keep the positive momentum.

IMO this TEAM has the potential to get us promoted this term.

GB deserves a lot of credit.

He was warming up with the squad prior to the kick off. Bizarre not to have him on the bench especially with no cover at the back and Kilgallon only just coming back from injury.

Fair play to Lowe. Did a good job at CB.

I find it strange that he's fit enough to warm-up and yet not good enough for the bench when he's our only CB left.

I hope GB recalls O'Connell from Rochdale, he shouldn't be there anyway.

I find it strange that he's fit enough to warm-up and yet not good enough for the bench when he's our only CB left.

I hope GB recalls O'Connell from Rochdale, he shouldn't be there anyway.

He has warmed up on at least one other occasion this season despite not making the bench. At Doncaster him and Marcus Olssen did a tough session before the game.

He means brickmakers as the bricklayers near the bus station shut years ago

The one near where Springfield Park used to be, just over the iron canal bridge to the DW. Sure it was the Bricklayers, parked there and had to go in after as mate was meeting a pie eater from work. Talked to a few who seemed ok, if a little deluded over Rhodes. General feeling amongst them was they pinched the game so fair play.

Positives from yesterday for me = Kilgallon looked perfectly comfortable and Williamson was calm, strong and composed when he came on. Lowe worked hard as usual and did his best at centre half but if it ever comes down to a choice between him and Williamson for centre mid then it has to be Williamson, quite simply he's the far better player in that position and that's not a dig at Lowe.

He has warmed up on at least one other occasion this season despite not making the bench. At Doncaster him and Marcus Olssen did a tough session before the game.

So a fitness exercise for those not in the squad as they miss that aspect by not playing.

What is the point of having a CB who isn't good enough for our bench?

Go get O'Connell back GB and play him.

Archived