BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point in pretty much all the games I've seen Hanley has done one of the above, sometimes running 40 yards to dish it out! One game he was always going to get sent off ... Gutted!

Correct. He's been an accident waiting to happen. Might be over critical cos he might have done so but I must say if I'd have been Bowyer I'd have laid the law down with him in my office with him on a number of occasions this season.

It's a shame he was an idiot the week dann is out - the first game in a while we haven't had a decent centre back on the bench.

As others have said i have seen hanley's temper in a few games and am a bit dissapointed that bowyer or short haven't been able to spot the danger before it cost us a match.

Poor from Hanley but a great effort from the team. Shows how poor Wigan were that they needed 2 set pieces to score past us.

Thought Williamson and Evans did well when they came on. A mistake from Hanley which cost us and something he'll learn from.

Dann was a big miss today and he is the calming influence on Hanley.

Are any of us saints on here. I suggest most of us have done things we have regretted later. I have lost count the times folk have come into my place of work and regretted what they did, 'in the heat of the moment' the day or night before. Is a player any different? At the end of the day they are still young blokes.

A Rovers player screwed up, possible cost the team 3 pts. The club know it, the team know it, the manager know it, the fans know it - but so does Hanley.

it happened, move on to the next match.

We have a team who are willing to battle for the shirt. Could that be said last season?

The team is doing it's best as a team - what more can we ask.

Don't think Hanley should ever be captain again. This game will be remembered not for way we played in keeping a poor Wigan side at bay for so long with only 10 men, but for the disgraceful way a young Rovers captain blew it for the fans and club.

If we miss the play offs by a point this discussion will come up again.

Whilst he's under suspension Bowyer should do a deal with Whelan and arrange for him to train there....... with the Warriors!! That'd put him in his place good and proper. I'm sure the rugby lads would love to have a highly paid footballer in their midst for a week or two.

Whelan DOES NOT owned the Wigan Warriors and hasnt for few years. Wigan are owned and coached by local Wigan people now.

Poor from Hanley but a great effort from the team. Shows how poor Wigan were that they needed 2 set pieces to score past us.

Thought Williamson and Evans did well when they came on. A mistake from Hanley which cost us and something he'll learn from.

Dann was a big miss today and he is the calming influence on Hanley.

When Evans came on??? Did you think it was a 2.30pm ko or something??

Evans actually was excellent and worked his nuts off typifying our new found spirit .We are making progress but with idiotic stuff from Hanley like we saw today its going to count for nothing.

You cant hope to defend your 18 yeard box for an hour with 10 men as its physically impossible to counter attack from that far back .Gutted because we had that for the taking against a Wigan team that looked empty till Hanley lost the plot

Are any of us saints on here. I suggest most of us have done things we have regretted later. I have lost count the times folk have come into my place of work and regretted what they did, 'in the heat of the moment' the day or night before. Is a player any different? At the end of the day they are still young blokes.

A Rovers player screwed up, possible cost the team 3 pts. The club know it, the team know it, the manager know it, the fans know it - but so does Hanley.

it happened, move on to the next match.

We have a team who are willing to battle for the shirt. Could that be said last season?

The team is doing it's best as a team - what more can we ask.

I could possibly endorse your view but at the game and having seen it on TV I honestly don't know why Hanley reacted like he did. I couldn't even see any contact from Powell. As such he let himself, his team mates, his manager and BRFC down. Totally unprofessional and unnecessary. No doubt about it he has cost us dearly today.

• Backroom

How many points is this useless fat oaf going to cost us before they replace him with a competent footballer?

Well he's partially cost us 3 and will be replaced for at least 3 games by Kilgallon.

Why do you hate our best cb so readily because of one mistake?

How many points is this useless fat oaf going to cost us before they replace him with a competent footballer?

I see Mr Negative is back again!!!

When are you going to answer my questions about your dislike for Bowyer and love in for Colin W##ker????

• Backroom

Well he's partially cost us 3 and will be replaced for at least 3 games by Kilgallon.

Whilst I obviously don't agree that Hanley is an incompetent footballer, he's not our best CB IMO. Dann is twice the footballer that Hanley is. A better brain (when he chooses to use it) and doesn't have the temperament of a child spoiling for a fight. Obviously considering Dann's age and experience you would expect him to be superior to Hanley, mind.

I don't think we'd do any worse with Dann/Kilgallon as our CB pairing, though I guess we'll see whether that's true over the next three games. If we look solid I wouldn't expect nor want Hanley to automatically return to the first team. He's been a red card waiting to happen this season and until he grows up a little he should remain on the bench and watch how experienced pros deal with things.

I see Mr Negative is back again!!!

When are you going to answer my questions about your dislike for Bowyer and love in for Colin W##ker????

Evening Chaddy.

I don't dislike bowyer, I imagine he's a nice drinking pal, but as a football manager for us I think he's too inexperienced, makes poor signings, makes Hanley the captain,...just my opinion my friend.

On Warnock, you asked me for a viable alternative to bowyer and I gave you one. Many years of experience, has worked under barmpot owners before, gets teams promoted, more contacts,...I'd imagine I wouldn't like going for a pint with Warnock, but Id let him manage my team at this stage....

Um, he's hated Hanley long before this.

Hanley's been one of our best players this season, but he has some growing up to do and does seem to have a bully boy image.

Kilgannon did ok, it was an awful game to come into following Hanley's red, but he battled and doesn't look out of place. No problem, him & Dann together. Still long way to go, and no reason a win against Charlton can't get us back up & running. Feelings running high, knew it was going to be a problem when they wouldn't let us in under the stand as Warriors had booked following their win at OT, so had to go to the fish & chip shop instead for a pint!

Evening Chaddy.

I don't dislike bowyer, I imagine he's a nice drinking pal, but as a football manager for us I think he's too inexperienced, makes poor signings, makes Hanley the captain,...just my opinion my friend.

On Warnock, you asked me for a viable alternative to bowyer and I gave you one. Many years of experience, has worked under barmpot owners before, gets teams promoted, more contacts,...I'd imagine I wouldn't like going for a pint with Warnock, but Id let him manage my team at this stage....

poor signings??? WTF. Evans, Cairney, Spurr are looking very good signings.

Kilgallon, Marshall, Taylor, Dj and Judge will be very good signings aswell.. Kane is getting back to his form that he showed last season. looking good ATM.

Plus I wouldnt want Colin anywhere near this club. Leave the guy working for the media. dont want here.

IMO, Bowyer is doing good job and we are on the right track.

im just catching up with todays result and stuff, why didn't we have another centre back on the bench, whats happened to Songo'o and al the supposedly promising young defenders we have?

Saying that we seem to have done very well to get to 90minutes with 10 men.

N'Songo warmed up with the subs today before the match. In all honesty in the only competitive game he has played (Carlisle) he didn't look anywhere near ready. Alex Marrow has played at CB before and I thought GB would have brought him on today after Hanleys indiscretion.

poor signings??? WTF. Evans, Cairney, Spurr are looking very good signings.

Kilgallon, Marshall, Taylor, Dj and Judge will be very good signings aswell.. Kane is getting back to his form that he showed last season. looking good ATM.

Plus I wouldnt want Colin anywhere near this club. Leave the guy working for the media. dont want here.

IMO, Bowyer is doing good job and we are on the right track.

Wow, 8 "very good" signings eh? We should be going up this season then.

I'd prefer to refer to them as 8 mediocre signings, perhaps Kilgallon might be an improvement on fat thug, but the rest of them won't get us anywhere.

Some people seem happier when they have a scapegoat. We lose & all the Rovers haters are out in force.

Let's be serious, Hanley screwed up. It happens but it's how you react that is key. 6pts from 9 ain't a bad return when you look at who we've played & it could conceivably have been the full 9. We should have had a penalty, as blatant as they come. And never a free kick at the death. Always tough when you've 2 less men than the opposition (I'm counting Attwell as their 12th man).

Lots of bright points: Lowe & Evans terrific, King still dangerous, Cairney quality, Spurr & Kane both improving, Kilgallon solid replacement. Equally things to work on: Kean dodgy handling, Hanley's temperament & Williamson's form.

We were under the cosh but I honestly wouldn't say they deserved it. Good times to be a Rovers fan especially after the last few years, even if today was very disappointing.

Great away support. And that concourse needs a H&S review, not a pleasant experience.

3,626 the official turnout. Great support. Hanley let everyone of us visiting fans down with his stupid reaction. Good player that he is something like that has been threatening to happen for a while. Totally comfortable at 1-0 with eleven men till that. Afterwards the rest of the team worked like trojans and desevered a draw but as well as Hanleys gaff we had to endure one of the worst ref displays for a long time. Has Attwell ever had a good game anywhere ? He is the Steve Kean of referees. If he hadn't needlessly pulled that free kick back again then we probably wouldn't have switched off and conceded. Points thrown away by stupidity and ineptness not poor play or management IMO.

N'Songo warmed up with the subs today before the match. In all honesty in the only competitive game he has played (Carlisle) he didn't look anywhere near ready. Alex Marrow has played at CB before and I thought GB would have brought him on today after Hanleys indiscretion.

I'm hoping Bowyer recalls either Ryan Edwards or Jack O'Connell from their loan spells to give us cover at CB. Both are highly rated and have notched up a fair few appearances in the league with teams like Chesterfield, Rochdale etc.

I wouldn't have Songo anywhere near the starting 11 right now. He only played a couple of ressie games this season, I think, so severely lacking in match practice.

Archived