BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky is the wrong way to phrase it. The red card was totally deserved and not bad luck at all. From then on we never adapted to being a man down and Wigan totally pummeled us until the end. They may not have had a lot of clear cut chances but they deserved the win.

Do you work for the BBC?

Disappointed and it was a big ask to avoid defeat from the moment the red card was shown. However what's all this belief of Wigan being a super team. It reminds me of opposition fans view of us last year. They're nothing to fear and their results so far prove it.

Are you asking if I'm secretly Andy Cryer?

No. "Pummelled" was a word the Pie-eaters who were commentating on today's game used ever thirty seconds after Hanley's sending off.

But now I'm wondering if you are secretly Andy Cryer... :unsure:

• Backroom

No. "Pummelled" was a word the Pie-eaters who were commentating on today's game used ever thirty seconds after Hanley's sending off.

;) ...

Maybe I was brainwashed by listening to those keaners, not sure. By all accounts Wigan battered us pretty much from the moment tubby got his marching orders though. Would have expected a little more fight from us, even at ten men, but Wigan still have a lot of very good players.

Hate losing to them, absolutely @#/? hate it.

;) ...

Maybe I was brainwashed by listening to those keaners, not sure. By all accounts Wigan battered us pretty much from the moment tubby got his marching orders though. Would have expected a little more fight from us, even at ten men, but Wigan still have a lot of very good players.

Hate losing to them, absolutely keaning hate it.

They had plenty of the ball & every 50/50 decision went there way. Bottom line - we should have had a penalty - and would possibly have won.

Sorry to go all Steve Kean but there are more positives than negatives at the moment

We went to a heavily fancied team on the back of a win against another top team and took the lead and who knows the score if our captain didn't get sent off

You're right.

That was extremely Steve Kean.

Haven't read through the thread yet.

Thanks a lot Cpt Hanley, we were cruising and looking set for a 2 or 3 nil win. Didn't see the incident myself, the ball had gone but my lad said he threw an elbow and got whay he deserved.

That was the worst hour I've had to sit through for a long time. it was agony. We didn't show much after the sending off and just got deeper and deeper. We had to sit there and just wait for Wtgan to win it.

I'm angry, very angry

Bottom line DE is that you, like me, weren't there. Until you've seen it maybe you should hold back a little.

I listened to it on Radio Rovers, biased as they might be probably no more than the Radio Manchester commentators. RR fellas didn't think it was a red and said we had a cast iron pen at 1-0, and that the players deserved more for their sheer effort

Hate losing to them, absolutely keaning hate it.

It's like losing to a part-time parish outfit from a hamlet.

The cretin co-commentating on the game put the win down to Whelan arriving at half time. Perfectly summed up that tripe-spouting, pie-eating keaning idiot.

It was a painful listen. Esp when one said "is coyle a tactical genius? Discuss"

• Backroom

Bottom line DE is that you, like me, weren't there. Until you've seen it maybe you should hold back a little.

I listened to it on Radio Rovers, biased as they might be probably no more than the Radio Manchester commentators. RR fellas didn't think it was a red and said we had a cast iron pen at 1-0, and that the players deserved more for their sheer effort

No, the bottom line is that we lost. You don't need to be there to know that and you can speculate all you want but a bottom line doesn't tend to include speculation.

• Backroom

It's like losing to a part-time parish outfit from a hamlet.

The cretin co-commentating on the game put the win down to Whelan arriving at half time. Perfectly summed up that tripe-spouting, pie-eating keaning idiot.

They were a couple of utter dickheads. The first and hopefully last time I have the displeasure of listening to either of them.

Just got back from the game and Hanley is just an idiot. He took the ball and passed it to spurr and then elbowed Powell, we were comfortable before that and wigan didn't look at all likely to score. Then the ref had an absolute stinker, he had no idea on most of the fouls he gave and we had a clear penalty for handball turned down, Evans was kicked in the head and the freekick were they scored was a foul on Rhodes. The players deserve some credit they fought throughout the game and it was inevitable that Wigan would score but if it wasn't for Hanley we were definitely on course for 3 points

• Backroom

We can't control shoddy referees but the actions of our captain are well within our own control it's pointless even looking at the ref when the issue today seems to lie elsewhere

I effin hate losing to Wigan. Especially when it was needless. We were completely comfortable before Hanley got himself sent off and it was always going to be a tough ask to go that long without conceeding.

Really sad that we've pretty much lost this.

I reckon we would have won comfortably had we kept 11 on the pitch.

The worrying thing is with Dann out and Hanley suspended we're going to have to use Songo'o and Kilgallon in the next match.

Oh well Rockin every cloud has a silver lining and all that having Songo on the back of my shirt might inspire him to put in some master class performances!. After all he has done well in pre-season for us.

Sorry to go all Steve Kean but there are more positives than negatives at the moment

We went to a heavily fancied team on the back of a win against another top team and took the lead and who knows the score if our captain didn't get sent off

Even with an hour to go against ten men we only just missed out on a point

Totally agree Tom we really pushed them far.

Unlucky is the wrong way to phrase it. The red card was totally deserved and not bad luck at all. From then on we never adapted to being a man down and Wigan totally pummeled us until the end. They may not have had a lot of clear cut chances but they deserved the win.

Maybe so DE the red card was deserved but by the same token McClean kicking kane's head is just as worse and should have got the same punishment and every time Attwell issued our players with yellow cards yet the Wigan lot get away with rugby like tactics the ref might as well have been wearing a wigan top he was so one sided.

They had plenty of the ball & every 50/50 decision went there way. Bottom line - we should have had a penalty - and would possibly have won.

Here here absolutely right we should have had a penalty and they should have been reduced to 8 men how McClean got away with kicking Todd Kane in the head without a card is totally beyond me the ref today sounded like an absolute joke!.

Archived