BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

Bottom line DE is that you, like me, weren't there. Until you've seen it maybe you should hold back a little.

I listened to it on Radio Rovers, biased as they might be probably no more than the Radio Manchester commentators. RR fellas didn't think it was a red and said we had a cast iron pen at 1-0, and that the players deserved more for their sheer effort

No doubt about the red and the fact that he walked suggests he was guilty. Penalty could have been given but we see them mosy games. Up until the sending off we looked very good. To sit there for a full hour was hard to take. Sickening. Great support though.

How come that end gets through H&S?? Couldn't move when we went down at ht.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't control shoddy referees but the actions of our captain are well within our own control it's pointless even looking at the ref when the issue today seems to lie elsewhere

Tom totally agree Hanley should have gone but there players kicking our players in the head is totally unjustifiable they really should have been reduced to 9 men and might I remind you the Dingles against us at turf moor employed such dirty rugby like tactics and as a right we should expect the refs to be stronger and start dishing out cards and you can't say the issue lies elsewhere as if Wigan should have quite rightly been reduced to 8 men we might have gone on and won that game yes Hanley should have gone but several of their players should have as well kicking another player in the head is unnacceptable and we have a right to expect the referee to send their players off.

Indeed, I took my eye off the incident, but ref had the red out in an instant. It ruined, what was shaping to be a cracking game. His departure completely ruined the match for nigh on 5,000 traveling blues. We were up against it from then on. Yes the ref was poor. I think he regretted allowing our goal, and after the red was a homer for the rest of the match. BUT, Hanley is the culprit for the loss, not the ref!

Really frustrated by the indiscipline of Hanley particularly when he was made captain. I was actually thinking when Powell was chasing him that Powell was going to foul him. To do what he did bordered on the ludicrous as we were comfortable. They score from two set plays which Hanley could have prevented but for his stupidity. I sincerely hope now that Dann and Kilgallon forge a decent partnership over the next three games and Hanley finds himself on the bench for a while.

I'm convinced we would be three points better off tonight but for Hanleys indiscretion and I'm absolutely livid at him.

• Moderation Lead

It would help if Hanley hadn't had an intelligence bypass, and the ref remembered his spine.

Rhodes gets fouled, Wigan get a free kick in the 90th minute and of course they scored from it.

Cheating pie munching @#/?.

Completely gutted. Hanley has a rush of blood to the head and thousands of fans have their weekend's ruined and 2 weeks to dwell on it.

I think with FFP looming a lot of rovers fans are seeing promotion this season as necessary to keep aiming high, and we had a big chance to get 3 points towards that today.

• Moderation Lead

We can't control shoddy referees but the actions of our captain are well within our own control it's pointless even looking at the ref when the issue today seems to lie elsewhere

Not when they score from a free kick he's given wrongly it isn't.

Not when they score from a free kick he's given wrongly it isn't.

But the point surely is that if the free-kick was wrongly given but for Hanleys outrageous behaviour we would have had a natural centre half to defend it (the same applies to the first goal too). We had Jason Lowe at centre back ffs. Hanley cost us today however bad the referee was.

Bowyer said on Radio Lancs that Lowe was magnificent at Centre back today http://audioboo.fm/boos/1643764 . great praise for Lowe from the manager.

Players performed excellent and gave the all for the fans again.

we will bounce back from this. lets win our next game.

lets all remained Positive and we are better than last season. Bowyer has us on the right track.

• Moderation Lead

But the point surely is that if the free-kick was wrongly given but for Hanleys outrageous behaviour we would have had a natural centre half to defend it (the same applies to the first goal too). We had Jason Lowe at centre back ffs. Hanley cost us today however bad the referee was.

Hanley cost us, but the ref's performance was the cherry on top of a sh1t day.

Thanks Rovers for ruining my Sunday!

Bowyer said on Radio Lancs that Lowe was magnificent at Centre back today http://audioboo.fm/boos/1643764 . great praise for Lowe from the manager.

Players performed excellent and gave the all for the fans again.

we will bounce back from this. lets win our next game.

lets all remained Positive and we are better than last season. Bowyer has us on the right track.

I agree Chaddy but its hard to take at the moment.

Best was punished for an off field crime but what Hanley did today really cost us. My weekend plus the rest of almost 5,000 following fans has been ruined. GB must make whatever punishment he gives public. I don't want to see anything like this again.

Lets all come back to earth. Hanley isn't the first and won't be the last footballer, or Rovers player for that matter, to get sent off by being stupid.

It's all about how the team handle it. It galvanises some teams and they stoically get a result. We need to be one of those teams rather than one that crumbles.

It's a disappointing result but hopefully Hanley will learn from his mistake, and never do it again, and Rovers as a team can analyse it and learn how to hang on in the future too.

And we need someone else in goal, too many problems with Kean at the moment. He's a liability.

I didn't go myself but the local radio station have Kean the man of the match!

Thought we looked comfortable and in control until Hanley got sent off. Looked exciting going forward with King, Rhodes and Best.

We lacked a bit of experience to see the game out but can't blame the players, they gave everything in fairness we were undone by numbers, Wigan were pretty poor tbh.

• Backroom

I didn't go myself but the local radio station have Kean the man of the match!

As I mentioned to Tom earlier, this is the frustrating thing about Kean. The radio commentators were both praising him as well, but at least two or three times in the game he dropped simple catches (I think one was possibly a foul) and had a couple of dodgy clearances from backpasses. Obviously today none of these resulted in conceding a goal, but they could have. Jake has to start doing the basics properly, or his inconsistencies are going to cost us.

Didn't go today due to work so can't comment on the game or incident. What I can comment on is the 7/8 games I've seen this season were Grant Hanley could have got into trouble for:

- Raising his arms to push people

- Gripping people by the collar

- Going forehead to forehead with the opposition.

At some point in pretty much all the games I've seen Hanley has done one of the above, sometimes running 40 yards to dish it out! One game he was always going to get sent off ... Gutted!

Just got back. Went to the match with some Wigan mates, so sat with them near the half way line just behind the Rovers dugout.

When Hanley got sent off, Bowyer looked like he said "you're bloody stupid" to him as he walked past.

Thought we defended with a lot of conviction and could have nicked one with a couple of chances in the second half

That dipping shot of Kings at the end looked like it was going in from where I was sat.

Overall gutted to get so close and end up with nothing but the silver lining is we have a team that is becoming enjoyable to watch again and with 11 v 11 we were taking the game to them and looked like we would have won.

A couple of weeks for some of the injuries to clear up before the next match and we will be back to winning ways!

It was a painful listen. Esp when one said "is coyle a tactical genius? Discuss"

Tactical genius? The chipmunk? Tactical genius's dont have a team near the bottom of the Championship... and thats where they'd be but for that big thick lummox at centre half! Hanleys a bully who thinks he's a tough guy. Whilst he's under suspension Bowyer should do a deal with Whelan and arrange for him to train there....... with the Warriors!! That'd put him in his place good and proper. I'm sure the rugby lads would love to have a highly paid footballer in their midst for a week or two.

Archived