BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan predictions

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know why you are a Rovers fan tbh. such an OTT negative poster!

I noticed that you didn't answer my questions I asked you why you are so against Bowyer and such a fan of the Neil Warnock???

I used to detest Neil Warnock, now I think he's one of the very few people worth listening to on TalkShite.

To the game, I'd like to think we can take advantage of the fact that they fielded a full strength squad against Maribor just three days before but it doesn't always work like that.

1-1 wouldn't be a bad result away from home against a team that dropped out of the Prem last year.

Sounds wonderful, but somewhat unlikely. Wigan are the home team and are away record is very poor, Bournemouth aside. Expecting a hard fought game with the odd goal clinching it.

A few have been saying how wonderful Jason Lowe is, so lets see him tomorrow jumping down the throats of the Wigan midfielders, getting the ball then setting the team on their way to another goal scoring chance.

A few have been saying how wonderful Jason Lowe is, so lets see him tomorrow jumping down the throats of the Wigan midfielders, getting the ball then setting the team on their way to another goal scoring chance.

Bloody hell, JAL, can you honestly not see what Jason Lowe brings to the team? Emphasis on team.

He is what he is, needs creative players around him to have a real impact.

For me, he'd be the second name on my team sheet. That's always been the case in the past 18 months.

I do believe however that his best position is probably right back.

Championship Trivia Quiz

1 We have two clean sheets on the trot, QPR are on a longer run though. How many?

2 Which Rover has made the Championship team of the week?

3 Which player, from just down the road, is rated the Championship top player so far? He also has SIX Man of the Match performances including the game against us!

4 In the successful pass rate tables, Watford have 4 players in the top 20 and Wigan have 3. Can you name any of the Wigan lads?

5 How many games since we last won at Wigan?

Form guide - from the Watford game:

6 We had the FIVE top ranked players from this last match. Who are they? Who was Man of the Match?

7 Which player had a 96% successful pass rate?

8 Which Rover had the most touches (80) on the night? Hint: TC was next on 56.

9 Youll never get this one. Who made the most tackles (7)?

10 What % possession did we have in the match?

Answers: 1. 7, 2. JR, 3. Vokes, 4. McCann Maloney Perch, 5. 6, 6. TC (MoM) JR GH JKg TK, 7. JL,

8. TS, 9. JKg, 10. 43

Data from whoscored.com

Love these mini-quizzes Tony. Thanks for doing them.

Have to say though it's a travesty that Lowe's stats look so good when you consider how unambitious he is. Short sideways and backward passes.

Bloody hell, JAL, can you honestly not see what Jason Lowe brings to the team? Emphasis on team.

He is what he is, needs creative players around him to have a real impact.

For me, he'd be the second name on my team sheet. That's always been the case in the past 18 months.

I do believe however that his best position is probably right back.

If you're happy with the last eighteen months then fine, but all those empty seats aint darrenrover.

I'm looking forward to watching a game which should be as ding-dong as the Watford one.

I hope for a real effort from our youngsters. The game is winnable but, being realistic, I'll settle for a point.

what is your problem with Lowe? Lowe has been a lot better than Season. think is because he has a proper centre midfield partner either Evans or Cairney and not Danny Murphy, plus GB is using Lowe to his strengths and Lowe is very good defensively and has good positional sense

If you're happy with the last eighteen months then fine, but all those empty seats aint darrenrover.

I am very happy with the last 4 months since Bowyer was appointed and we were run sensible from the footballing side of the club with the manager being allowed to sign his players and not have anybody interfering in transfer matters.

For those empty seats you mention, those fans have made their choice and I have made my choice to still go to every home game and support MY team. maybe those fans might started coming back to Ewood Par if the team if we continue to do well this season

Another tough test for our young squad. Do we know the latest on scott dann's fitness?

If we play to our potential we can win it. And if we can get a win then our prospects for the season look rosey - especially with dj, dunn and henley likely to be bolstering the squad next time we play.

We will have had longer to prepare for this one than wigan, but they will expect to be up there come the end of the season.

My prediction is that i have an anxious sunday waiting for the match. Result-wise i haven't a clue, but with bowyer and our current squad i know we will give it our all, which is enough for me

Love these mini-quizzes Tony. Thanks for doing them.

Have to say though it's a travesty that Lowe's stats look so good when you consider how unambitious he is. Short sideways and backward passes.

Well, we can refer to the facts for our opinions of Lowe, or........you !.

There should be a touch of tiredness in Wigans play so you'd think Rovers would get into them first half and put the game out of sight by half time.

Setting up your post game negativity?

I have a gut feel it's back to earth with a bump time and another 3 points further away from the dingles

Archived